Pierre Garcon Out For Season with Neck Injury

J-ALL-DAY

Makes sense, did he really hurt his neck running into that assistant coach on the sideline? That is a rough break. 

I don't think this should affect whether or not we play Garoppolo. I still think we need to get the guy some game reps in this offense so that he has some film to watch this offseason. 

Also, lets say CLE and us are 0-14 heading into week 16. The giants beat us and also won another game. Everyother team in the league has 3+ wins. Wouldn't you like to win those two games? We aren't going to be able to get the top pick because CLE has the tiebreaker, so lets get Jimmy on the field and try to get a WIN or two WITHOUT sacrificing draft position. 

A reason not to play Jimmy? how does that make any sense...I get protecting them from injury but if its at the expense of not playing them at all when theyre completely healthy that just isn't right this isnt basketball. 

Scary injury for Garcon, fractured neck is not something I ever want to deal with but so far people are saying it isnt career threatening so good news there. hopefully we see some call ups and opportunities for the young pups. I wonder which one of the DeAndre's gets called up from the practice squad

More to the point - I love Garcon, but he's getting up there in age and the rest of the guys are ... just guys. We need so much in the draft, which is why I hope we get the first or second pick and can turn it into a boatload of picks, but I hope we find a way to add a really good WR.  I'd really like a big one to complement our little guys. But I'll take anyone good.

2 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

It sounds like he'll easily be ready for next year. Kind of weak he got hit out of bounds and they didn't throw a flag or fine anyone.

I wonder if the hit the week before didn't have anything to do with it. Garçon had two hard impact to the head/neck area in consecutive weeks. That's unfortunate. 

Maybe someone will step up. It happens all the time across the NFL. It's been a long time since it has happened to us. 

Archived