Brian Flores has been fired...

TheKillerNacho

As fans, we obviously know less than 0.01% of what goes on behind the scenes, so it's very challenging for us to really understand what happened and what went wrong. But as fans, we also can see that on the field, Miami was in the top half of the league for the better part of the last two years with a lot of ammo to build for the future under what seems like a great leader of men in Flores.

How Stephen Ross and Chris Grier can look at this situation and conclude that the best option was starting from scratch versus having honest conversations over the off-season in an effort to improve the communication and the organization is incredibly frustrating.

Can't these guys get together with Dan, go out to Prime 112, and hash this s*** out over steak and drinks?!

Like others have said, I have zero confidence in Ross and Grier's ability to find a better HC than Flores. And frankly, I expect that we'll be looking like the Texans did a year ago and will hire the least sought after candidate and we'll be longing for a .500 season for years to come.

2 minutes ago, phinsforlife said:

How Stephen Ross and Chris Grier can look at this situation and conclude that the best option was starting from scratch versus having honest conversations over the off-season in an effort to improve the communication and the organization is incredibly frustrating.

But the Fins have been starting from scratch Every Single Year under Flores' tenure on offense. Hence the offense has been lackluster the entire 3 seasons. There was probably going to be Yet Another Offensive Coordinator this offseason anyway, batting 4 for 4 which would've been rather odd. Not as odd as having multiple OC's but still odd. 

Hopefully the new HC will choose assistants that don't get the ax every offseason. So difficult to build momentum when starting from scratch each season. It's felt like 3 different rebuilds not one. 

• Like 1

I am not surprised and thought the writing was on the wall with the 1-7 start including loses to the Jags and Falcons. 

I think the decision must have been made after the Titans game as can’t be a reflection on yesterday.

My surprise is Grier is seemingly safe. Ross never cleans house fully it seems. I think that is the issue some will have.

whilst Grier has hit on some draft picks he has whiffed on just as many and his free agency spending has been pretty terrible.

Coaches I would kick tyres on

Joe Lombardi, Byron Leftwich, Adam Stenavich, Pep Hamilton, Thomas Brown, Luke Fickell, Matt Campbell 

I know it is being denied but surely it must be for Harbaugh.

Interesting to see a lot of defensive players coming out to support Flo but not many on offense so far.

Pretty much seems Flores new Tua was not the answer and he was outnumbered 2 to 1 and is the odd man out. I really wanted Flores to have another season, but I would say the difference of opinion on Tua must have been a big factor in this and the fact that Miami had a 7 game losing streak most likley did not help. I just hope Flores ends up in the NFC.

Miami's last 3 regular head coaches records are;

Flores........24 wins..........25 loses

Gase........23 wins...........25 loses

Philbin.......24 wins...........28 loses

1 hour ago, JourneymanQB13 said:

Does anyone else have a funny feeling that we will someday in the near future watching a team quarterbacked by Ryan Tannehill play against a team coached by Brian Flores in the Super Bowl? 

that's an awfully specific vision so probably not, but I think Flores will find success elsewhere like Tannehill has.

19 hours ago, Emerica said:

I dunno. Its the same spiel we heard for Gase and Philbin firings. Difference is both those guys deserved to be fired. This one is much more confusing 

Definitely more confusing. Has all the player support for Flo came from the D? That may tell us something....?