Pound the Table 2022!

Scoundrel

I'm still early in the process. I'll be adding to the list as I watch more guys.

S Kyle Hamilton - Would bet on him to make an All Pro team. He and Eric Berry are the two best S prospects since Sean Taylor. Has the entire skillset. True defensive weapon. Should thrive in any scheme.

EDGE Jermaine Johnson - Love him in the 2nd round. Absolute monster run defender who has the pass rush talent to be a guy who threatens or achieves double digit sacks numerous times throughout his career. Think Preston Smith.

HB Dameon Pierce - Speed is very middling, but he runs like a bull, has soft hands in the passing game, is a special teams demon, and isn't afraid to obliterate a blitzing defender. Very effective between the tackles and very difficult to get down.

WR Drake London - I love this guy. He's well schooled, is insanely hard to tackle after the catch, and is very, very physical. Good hands. Good route running. Great agility for his size. Only thing he's really lacking is burner speed.

CB/RS Marcus Jones - He is absolutely electric with the ball in his hands. Elite return prospect. But his athleticism carries over to the defense. It's too bad he's so short. If he had more length, he'd be a first round caliber CB. But with his speed, agility, physicality, and ball skills, he can be one of the best slot CBs in the NFL. A team could also experiment with him on offense, as he has played some WR. Either ways, he's not just a special teams guy.

LB JoJo Domann - Near the end of Day 2 or at the beginning of Day 3, I really like Domann. He's a modern LB. Played a slot CB type role at Nebraska. Still learning on run defense at the LB spot, but he is a stud in coverage. He's an impact player there. Speed, twitch, and natural mirroring skills. Doesn't panic either. Needs to grow as a run defender. Problems with him are age and injuries.

• Like 3

On 1/11/2022 at 5:36 PM, jrry32 said:

I'm still early in the process. I'll be adding to the list as I watch more guys.

S Kyle Hamilton - Would bet on him to make an All Pro team. He and Eric Berry are the two best S prospects since Sean Taylor. Has the entire skillset. True defensive weapon. Should thrive in any scheme.

EDGE Jermaine Johnson - Love him in the 2nd round. Absolute monster run defender who has the pass rush talent to be a guy who threatens or achieves double digit sacks numerous times throughout his career. Think Preston Smith.

HB Dameon Pierce - Speed is very middling, but he runs like a bull, has soft hands in the passing game, is a special teams demon, and isn't afraid to obliterate a blitzing defender. Very effective between the tackles and very difficult to get down.

WR Drake London - I love this guy. He's well schooled, is insanely hard to tackle after the catch, and is very, very physical. Good hands. Good route running. Great agility for his size. Only thing he's really lacking is burner speed.

CB/RS Marcus Jones - He is absolutely electric with the ball in his hands. Elite return prospect. But his athleticism carries over to the defense. It's too bad he's so short. If he had more length, he'd be a first round caliber CB. But with his speed, agility, physicality, and ball skills, he can be one of the best slot CBs in the NFL. A team could also experiment with him on offense, as he has played some WR. Either ways, he's not just a special teams guy.

LB JoJo Domann - Near the end of Day 2 or at the beginning of Day 3, I really like Domann. He's a modern LB. Played a slot CB type role at Nebraska. Still learning on run defense at the LB spot, but he is a stud in coverage. He's an impact player there. Speed, twitch, and natural mirroring skills. Doesn't panic either. Needs to grow as a run defender. Problems with him are age and injuries.

Hamilton is a rare safety prospect that lives up to the hype and maybe even exceeds it.

I also agree on London. Normally I like smaller twitchier route runners, but this guy is quick and even a little crafty. He's an instant impact player IMO. Haven't watched the other guys yet.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 8:36 PM, jrry32 said:

This one is going to pain me because I hate UGA with a burning passion, but the truth is the truth.

DL Travon Walker - He's raw. His pass rush plans and moveset are underdeveloped. And he's slow off the snap. He's also an absolutely freakishly rare prospect with the upside to be Cameron Jordan. He's big (6'4+" 280), he punches like Tyson, he is country strong, and he's a freakish mover for his size. He also has motor that constantly runs hot. Put this guy on the edge, polish his pass rushing, and then watch him go off.

LB Nakobe Dean - He's a heat-seeking missile out there. Absolutely flies to the ball. Similar to Roquan Smith in many ways, but Dean handles blockers better. Still can get engulfed, though, when interior OLs get their hands on him. Regardless, he's a modern LB and an impact player in a scheme that uses him creatively.

LB Quay Walker - He doesn't have the instincts Dean does at this juncture. You can see the lack of experience. Sometimes, he sees it and flies to the ball. Other times, he's hesitating, taking false steps, or not quite in the right spot. Regardless, he's 6'4" 240+ with speed, agility, loose hips, and the length to defeat blocks. Let this guy get experience, accept the inconsistencies early in his career, and I think he'll turn into a very good all around ILB.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

This one is going to pain me because I hate UGA with a burning passion, but the truth is the truth.

DL Travon Walker - He's raw. His pass rush plans and moveset are underdeveloped. And he's slow off the snap. He's also an absolutely freakishly rare prospect with the upside to be Cameron Jordan. He's big (6'4+" 280), he punches like Tyson, he is country strong, and he's a freakish mover for his size. He also has motor that constantly runs hot. Put this guy on the edge, polish his pass rushing, and then watch him go off.

LB Nakobe Dean - He's a heat-seeking missile out there. Absolutely flies to the ball. Similar to Roquan Smith in many ways, but Dean handles blockers better. Still can get engulfed, though, when interior OLs get their hands on him. Regardless, he's a modern LB and an impact player in a scheme that uses him creatively.

LB Quay Walker - He doesn't have the instincts Dean does at this juncture. You can see the lack of experience. Sometimes, he sees it and flies to the ball. Other times, he's hesitating, taking false steps, or not quite in the right spot. Regardless, he's 6'4" 240+ with speed, agility, loose hips, and the length to defeat blocks. Let this guy get experience, accept the inconsistencies early in his career, and I think he'll turn into a very good all around ILB.

Go Dawgs!!!!

My favorite prospects in general as we gear up for draft season…

Carson Strong, QB, Nevada

Kaleb Eleby, QB, Western Michigan

Kenneth Walker III, RB, MSU

James Cook, RB, Georgia

Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama

David Bell, WR, Purdue

George Pickens, WR, Georgia

Ty Fryfogle, WR, Indiana

Darrian Kinnard, OL, Kentucky

P.J. Mustipher, DL, Penn State

DeAngelo Malone, EDGE, Western Kentucky

Nolan Smith, EDGE, Georgia

Josh Ross, LB, Michigan

Amari Burney, LB, Florida

Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington

Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn

Edited by DaPatsKid98

1 hour ago, Jraider91 said:

How do people feel about George Karlaftis? Seems super strong and versatile but does he have pass rush potential to be difference maker at next level? I see him projected as high as top 10. 

I think he’ll be productive, but never GREAT. He doesn’t strike me as someone that has anything in his physical toolbox that can overwhelm NFL OTs. He doesn’t ever play poorly, but I don’t think we’re looking at a superstar. Just a rugged lunchpail DE that is good against the run and can get 8-10 effort sacks.

Kinda reminds me of Olivier Vernon. 

• Like 2

On 1/15/2022 at 1:11 AM, jrry32 said:

Adding more:

OG Zion Johnson - The man makes it look easy. He has steel traps for hands and is an absolute fire hydrant in pass protection. Defenders almost never could move him or dislodge his hands once he latched on, which he consistently did because of his quick, precise punch. As a run blocker, he's not going to overpower guys in a gap scheme, but he sustains his blocks at a high level and uses angles to open seams. He's good in space, on the second level, and when pulling. Outstanding zone blocker who moves with ease laterally, sustains his blocks, and use his body positioning to open seams. Wish he had more of a mean streak. Plug and play guard who will make some Pro Bowls.

WR George Pickens - Watch his 2020 film. Trust me. Overlooked now because of the 2021 injury, but he's long, fast, fluid, and smooth. Separates with ease with his route running. Has the lanky strider speed to blow by CBs. And is very dangerous in contested catch situations. Needs to get stronger to deal with greater NFL physicality, and he has some occasional concentration drops. But this is a dude who runs silky smooth routes and is capable of taking the top off a defense.

HB Kyren Williams - Think Austin Ekeler. He is an impact player in the passing game. Phenomenal pass protector for a college HB. Not just technically sound, physical, and fearless, but he mentally gets it too. Runs routes like a WR and has soft hands. As a runner, he has patience, discipline, and vision. He runs hard for a small guy. And he has impressive body control to go along with his swift feet and quick-twitch athleticism. Doesn't have game-breaking speed, but he accelerates quickly. Won't be a guy who carries it 20+ times per game, but he'll be a nightmare in an offense that uses his passing game skills and pairs him with another HB in a committee.

1 hour ago, ViolenceIsYourFriend said:

I think he’ll be productive, but never GREAT. He doesn’t strike me as someone that has anything in his physical toolbox that can overwhelm NFL OTs. He doesn’t ever play poorly, but I don’t think we’re looking at a superstar. Just a rugged lunchpail DE that is good against the run and can get 8-10 effort sacks.

Kinda reminds me of Olivier Vernon. 

Yeah, I think i'd agree with that. His SPARQ score will be interesting to see, could see him topping out as Justin Smith (which would obviously be excellent).