Will R R go crazy to get Christain McCaffrey ?

RSkinGM

5 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

How much money would the panthers be on the book for is the question 

Per over the cap, trading him before June 1: $18 million (and their available cap goes down $4) and after June 1: $5.7 million and they save 8.6. So anything done would definitely be after June 1st I would think. 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 3:08 PM, MikeT14 said:

Per over the cap, trading him before June 1: $18 million (and their available cap goes down $4) and after June 1: $5.7 million and they save 8.6. So anything done would definitely be after June 1st I would think. 

I would imagine they’d do some kind of a restructure in order to facilitate doing the deal in March. I don’t think that’s the kind of move you do in June — trading away (or trading for) a franchise-level superstar is the kinda thing that you want to (have to) build your entire offseason around.

The Panthers would want those picks now, and to be able to identify a replacement RB I would imagine. Unless they’re sold on Chuba, which…I wouldn’t be. And we would want to have him in place so we could start tailoring our roster to him. If we were to get him, that would probably shape our OL choices. Maybe even our WR choices — a good downfield blocker like Cam Sims has more value if you’re built around throwing the ball to the RB. 

• Like 1