Wildcard Round GDT - Dallas Cowboys vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I'm assuming a high ankle sprain. This reminded me a lot of Jordan Reed last year when we all thought it was the knee and ended up being the ankle sprain. 

If it's a high ankle sprain, it's great for next year, but likely should be done for the playoffs. I mean, you can't put him in coverage on a gimpy ankle in that situation. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Preach. 

People in the main board were harping on Kyle about some of the calls, but man, a lot of times it was there and something in the execution went wrong. That -11 yard pass to Mitchell is wide open down field to Kittle if the right side of the line doesn't implode. Jimmy misses a wide open Aiyuk twice (once he didn't throw it to Aiyuk, once was that awful overthrow), threw the INT....hell, even that almost fumble pass to Kittle. People got on Shanny about that, but the play is wide open and ready to go...Jimmy legitimately just threw it off balance at the ground. If that's a clean throw and catch, its an easy few yards 

Agreed. 

The only issue i had with Shanny was that unnecessary shifting on the 4th and inches sneak. Just run it up the gut 

Jimmy missed several throws. 

Also really mad about controlling games yet them coming down to the last second. We had more yards, more yards per play, and although we played dumb football we had less penalties. Yet, bad QB play & horrid special teams made this come down to the wire

Just now, Manny/Patrick said:

On to Green Bay, how you like that one @Forgeyour heart pumping?

You'd think...but truthfully, both teams were so bad that I was mainly just laughing. 

I mean, the end of this game hit a lot different than say the Saints / 49ers game back in 2011, for example. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

You'd think...but truthfully, both teams were so bad that I was mainly just laughing. 

I mean, the end of this game hit a lot different than say the Saints / 49ers game back in 2011, for example. 

That’s what I was telling my brother, but still feels good to walk away with the W, but that Jimmy throw is the reason why we should move on

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Grateful for the win but this game is a microcosm of why moving on from Jimmy this off-season SHOULD NOT be up for debate. That game is an afterthought if not for his horrible accuracy and awareness. It's like shaking a Magic 8-Ball...you just never know which Jimmy shows up. On to Lambeau but my confidence meter with all the defensive injuries is not good.

I'm already on the other side. Just waiting for everyone else. Jimmy is a problem...he's not the only problem. Kyle had major flaws. 

1 minute ago, AustrianNiner said:

I'm supposed to get up in 6 hrs and there is no way I can sleep now lol.

Can't get over this game. I don't even know where to start.

I had to keep telling myself, it’s a W that’s all that matters and move on! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Preach. 

People in the main board were harping on Kyle about some of the calls, but man, a lot of times it was there and something in the execution went wrong. That -11 yard pass to Mitchell is wide open down field to Kittle if the right side of the line doesn't implode. Jimmy misses a wide open Aiyuk twice (once he didn't throw it to Aiyuk, once was that awful overthrow), threw the INT....hell, even that almost fumble pass to Kittle. People got on Shanny about that, but the play is wide open and ready to go...Jimmy legitimately just threw it off balance at the ground. If that's a clean throw and catch, its an easy few yards 

The overthrow to Ayiuk is unforgivable. Like how can you call yourself a professional QB and miss that throw??? It amazes me how many gimmie TDs we squander with him@QB. I could live with the occasional bonehead int if you're at least making your gimmies. He can't even do that. I was sooooooo furious, I was shaking. It was the Titans game all over again. The throw to Kittle is just horrendous and a panicked decision. He predetermines that throw EVERY time. He didn't even glance at the second option/read. I'm done with Jimmy, regardless of what happens the rest of the way. Been done actually...

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

Just now, AustrianNiner said:

Can't get over this game. I don't even know where to start.

why need to get over a game that... we won? 

If we lost, then I get it.. but... 🤔

Sheeeeeit, celebrate.. we played a good team, and somehow made it beyond them... 

win is a win is a win... TAKE THE WIN and sleep like a baby!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm assuming a high ankle sprain. This reminded me a lot of Jordan Reed last year when we all thought it was the knee and ended up being the ankle sprain. 

If it's a high ankle sprain, it's great for next year, but likely should be done for the playoffs. I mean, you can't put him in coverage on a gimpy ankle in that situation. 

I'm already assuming he's done...

One thing I'm holding on to is that the Packers in their 2011 SB run didn't close the game out well and gave the Eagles a great chance to win but pulled it out....We did the same here!

I still can't believe Shanny tried to get cute at the end. You have the best or second best QB sneaker in the league. Just line up and sneak and end the game. 

4 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

The overthrow to Ayiuk is unforgivable. Like how can you call yourself a professional QB and miss that throw??? It amazes me how many gimmie TDs we squander with him@QB. I could live with the occasional bonehead int if you're at least making your gimmies. He can't even do that. I was sooooooo furious, I was shaking. It was the Titans game all over again. The throw to Kittle is just horrendous and a panicked decision. He predetermines that throw EVERY time. He didn't even glance at the second option/read. I'm done with Jimmy, regardless of what happens the rest of the way. Been done actually...

Never heard so much whining from a winning quarterback. He also made some key throws that help the team too lmao.