Wildcard Round GDT - Dallas Cowboys vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Not great Bob. 

Dude has times in the regular season where he's absolutely nails in getting us that go ahead score or have tying score. Need more of that Jimmy against Green Bay

Meh, neither the Vikings nor Packers games in 2019 were close. This is an extremely small sample size mainly off the Chiefs and Cowboys games. 

But he will definitely need to be better vs GB. Yesterday was pretty embarrassing after a largely good performance through three quarters. 

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Not great Bob. 

Dude has times in the regular season where he's absolutely nails in getting us that go ahead score or have tying score. Need more of that Jimmy against Green Bay

This is why I'm done with him. No matter how good he he's playing...he'll come back down with a blaze of glory. Even in his dark hour...he'll make just enough plays to get out of it.

But we're still in the playoffs so we ride this mofo till the wheels fall off. Honestly not as nervous for next week gm. I think Mitchell will have a Mostert type of workload. Should be fun.

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Isn't that bizarre? I'm there with you. I thought this team was in terrible trouble defending the run 

I said it after week1 or 2... the DL and LBs weren't playing well off each other. That got fixed to an extent. But I think getting Omenihu and Willis back truly helped. Before that, either we played Armstead there, and it was a tragedy, because whenever AA is playing out wide, we know we're not going to get any pass rush off of him, but he's good at setting the edge. But other teams know that it makes him one-dimensional, and when you're one-dimensional, you can be game planned against. He was someone they could take advantage of. But once we got Omenihu, a very strong guy, who was pretty good at setting the edge, and the staff came to its senses and played AA inside, not only did we have contain, but we had AA who could shed blocks inside, to go along with DJ Jones who can rarely be stopped. But also AA was not one-dimensional anymore. He is a legit threat from the inside rushing the passer. So you can't have a running personnel, intend to pass, stranding AA outside, blocked one-on-one while the protection shifts to Bosa. Yes, you can still single-block Omenihu or Willis, but now you have to contend with both AA and Bosa being threats, and then when they roll out the pressure packages, you add Key and they can't block everybody. So yeah, I think our run defense turned around because opponents just couldn't take AA out of the game as easily. And then Azeez started destroying RBs, and Fred stepped it up a notch, and we released Dre Kirkpatrick. Run defense has been good ever since.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Via PFF Thomas had the highest graded coverage for the 49ers against Dallas. Followed by Mosley and Williams, all grading in the green. 

He was great. Was he even targeted outside of the deep throw Jimmie Ward completely whiffed on?

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Via PFF Thomas had the highest graded coverage for the 49ers against Dallas. Followed by Mosley and Williams, all grading in the green. 

I'm convinced they have some vendetta against Tartt. At this point it is bat sh^t crazy how they keep grading him so low every single game. Heck, he didn't miss no tackle and was VERY sound in coverage. Was a big reason no big plays were given up. I went back and watched the coaches film against the Titans, Texans and Rams and paid attention to Tartt and I couldn't stop laughing at how the grades PFF gave him didn't match the eye test or film...AT ALL. 

Moseley and Thomas were very good indeed, as were Williams/Tartt/Ward. The entire secondary played some good ball. 

Trent Williams is always great, the man comes in after having that elbow injury and doesn't miss a beat. Completely took Gregory out of the game. Props to Compton for holding it down against Lawrence/Parsons as well. Was he as good as Williams? No, but did enough to keep that pass rush in check. 

Not sure why Trent is going in motion in the first place, and the need to complicate such a simple play, but whatever. 

This blew my mind. Motion on QB sneak...when Williams had no factor in the play. Crazy!

Mosley coming back has settled down our secondary. Our pass rush has been good but that backend couldn't hold up. Now they can cover long enough to let them big guys up front do their thing.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

He was great. Was he even targeted outside of the deep throw Jimmie Ward completely whiffed on?

Yeah, early in the game to Cooper and he hit him right when the ball got to him and forced an incomplete. Then maybe another time or two in zone. But I loved the position he was in on the deep shot Dak took where Jimmie should have picked it off. Positioning is the most important aspect for young corners and then it's making a play on the ball. First few weeks he was too passive at the point of attack but it all changed against the Titans. Now he is attacking the WRs and looking to make a big play. Love the progression from the rook!

I would always pay attention to the one on one drills at camp and Ambry would routinely be the best corner in those drills. Why? He got to play press coverage but then I saw his weaknesses in off man as he just did not do enough of that in college. It was going to take him time to get used to playing off man and we saw how he struggled to the judge ball against the Bengals. That has not been a problem for him for weeks now. This offseason is going to be huge for him. He can REALLY take the next step if he works on the right aspects of his game and trains his butt off. We may have one in him. 

• Like 3

Wacky ending for sure. And Bayless whining about it is just par for the course. 

How the game would have been different if Jimmy had connected with Aiyuk. That was so disappointing. And then getting too excited on the sneak with Trent shifting? One honestly cannot make this ending up. It was a mess. 

Glad it ended with a 9er win, though! And it was awesome to have playoff 9er football with nearly all my household watching! That made it so much fun with the wife and most of the kids all into the game. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Wacky ending for sure. And Bayless whining about it is just par for the course. 

How the game would have been different if Jimmy had connected with Aiyuk. That was so disappointing. And then getting too excited on the sneak with Trent shifting? One honestly cannot make this ending up. It was a mess. 

Glad it ended with a 9er win, though! And it was awesome to have playoff 9er football with nearly all my household watching! That made it so much fun with the wife and most of the kids all into the game. 

1. Missed Aiyuk wide open

2. Threw a HORRENDOUS INT where he airmailed the ball

3. Gave Kittle a terrible ball where he had to reach on the floor to get and then fumbled it...Luckily it was such a bad pass that it was incomplete lol

4. Almost threw a INT trying to force the ball to Deebo on a key 3rd down

5. Rushed the snap on a 4th down that would have ended the game

The man really did EVERYTHING in his power to give the Cowboys the game in the 4th quarter LOL. Be better Jimmy, be better PLEASE! We will need you to play one of your best games on Saturday night to advance to the NFCCG.

• Like 4