Wildcard Round GDT - Dallas Cowboys vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

Watching that route from aiyuk.... Damn man, he can be filthy. He put diggs on spin cycle a couple of times this game

He's ALWAYS open. It's embarrassing how little he gets targeted. Aiyuk put a clinch all game yesterday and only ended up with 65 yards. That's pretty hard to do but thank you Jimmy! I can never count you out in doing the impossible lol.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

There are a lot of guys that are prominent passers though, and have played lackluster ball with the ball in their hands every playoff chance. Fouts. Moon. Rivers. Dak might be the next as the Cowboys are 1-3 with him center stage. There are very few playoff runs where a QB runs though the other teams 1,2,3, (4) like a 2010 Aaron Rodgers. Or 1989 Montana. Even the top guys that win will usually have an ugly game along the way. Jimmy sucked, but the team won. Time to shrug your shoulders and move on instead of worrying about what didn't happen contributing to a loss compared to spotlighting what actually did happen that led to a win. Luck happens in games, and you're allowed to feel good about benefiting from it. Feel how you want to feel, but just throwing up an alternate perspective for consideration. 

I know QB's like Moon & Marino etc struggled most of the time in the playoffs but atleast you always trusted them and didn't think about replacing them until they got too old & over the hill. Jimmy is in the process of being replaced in what should be the prime of his career lol! You can only give QB's like Jimmy so many chances and then they just become journeymen QB's who have a new stop every few years as always looking to be replaced by someone better.

2 hours ago, adamq said:

That was an epically stupid play. I got **** on twitter for saying the Cowboys did that to themselves. The refs HAVE to give the niners time to sub. We didn't need to sub, because we weren't stupid. But the refs still have to give the niners TIME to sub, whether they do or not. I don't know if there's an official countdown for that, but if you don't want to be called for a delay of game, don't delay your substitution. If there was no rule limiting the offenses in that regard, we'd have late substituions every single play, trying to catch the defense off guard. I've seen lots of cowboy fans complain about this one, but this one is clearly on them, not the refs. Same with the spot to end the game. If you want to have time to stop the clock, save time to stop the clock. Even if the ref gets there a second earlier, and Dak manages to get the snap off, maybe he doesn't even have enough time to take the snap and throw it to the ground. It was another epically stupid call (and I wonder if it's possible Demeco purposely baited the Cowboys into doing that... letting them use the sidelines until there was roughly 15 seconds left, then opening up the middle to tempt them to use the middle of the field and risk running out the clock. If so, brilliant). The cowboys ignoring the rules and procedures of the game of football is what cost them a last shot at winning this game. Not the refs.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

How does one miss this throw??? SMH!!! If he hits Aiyuk right off his break, then there is a chance this could be a TD. I don't think Diggs would be able to recover and it could down to the safety. Basically becomes a foot race at that point. 

I think the feeling is amplified because we don't take a lot of shots with Jimmy, but we'll see Trey make these kind of mistakes. The difference will be, hopefully, that he will make up for it with other big time throws, like we saw against the Texans.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm convinced they have some vendetta against Tartt. At this point it is bat sh^t crazy how they keep grading him so low every single game. Heck, he didn't miss no tackle and was VERY sound in coverage. Was a big reason no big plays were given up. I went back and watched the coaches film against the Titans, Texans and Rams and paid attention to Tartt and I couldn't stop laughing at how the grades PFF gave him didn't match the eye test or film...AT ALL. 

Moseley and Thomas were very good indeed, as were Williams/Tartt/Ward. The entire secondary played some good ball. 

Trent Williams is always great, the man comes in after having that elbow injury and doesn't miss a beat. Completely took Gregory out of the game. Props to Compton for holding it down against Lawrence/Parsons as well. Was he as good as Williams? No, but did enough to keep that pass rush in check. 

That's why I give PFF no creditability in terms of certain positional grades. They completely whiff when assessing responsibility, more times than not.

7 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

That's why I give PFF no creditability in terms of certain positional grades. They completely whiff when assessing responsibility, more times than not.

They just don't value sound football. You HAVE to make a play on the ball or else you are seen as doing below average work. Make it make sense!!!! Can't wait for the coaches film to come out and watch Tartt closely and see how wrong PFF was once again! 

If Bosa plays and Good Jimmy shows up, I think we have a puncher's chance...

But no Warner as the air traffic controller in the middle of the defense means Rodgers will exploit Azeez and carve up the short-middle on those quick hitters, when he's not completing darts outside the numbers. Which means we fall behind early, having to pass our way back into the game. That'll give amble opportunity for Jimmy from The Upside Down to appear 

3 hours ago, NFL Network said:

I know QB's like Moon & Marino etc struggled most of the time in the playoffs but atleast you always trusted them and didn't think about replacing them until they got too old & over the hill. Jimmy is in the process of being replaced in what should be the prime of his career lol! You can only give QB's like Jimmy so many chances and then they just become journeymen QB's who have a new stop every few years as always looking to be replaced by someone better.

Trust isn't a guarantee to winning anything in a given year as a team though even with that caveat. Sometimes having that high profile triggerman can lead to compliancy with other aspects of team building. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

2 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Are you suggesting that Tom Compton is not the 4th best tackle in the NFL like pff grades him as? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Lamb would probably have been called offsides anyways

It would have cleared a lot of the hatred and confusion if they had called a penalty on the play before calling the game over. It would have shown that there was a play, but the cowboys just weren't ready to run said play. 

But honestly, I think there shouldn't have been a play at all. The ref had to spot the ball where it was supposed to be. Dak and the center placed it where they thought it was, and then they walled the referee off. In truth, the ref should have taken the ball a full yard back, and would have been forced to call a procedural penalty on the cowboys for not allowing him to place the ball at the right spot, or he should have made everyone take a step back so he can spot the ball at the right spot. There is simply no angle you can look at where there was a legal play by the cowboys there. 

Dak should have had a target before the previous play even started. We have 14 seconds, get to the 30, slide, find the referee, clock the ball. But it looked far more improvised, or it was the wrong target. Maybe they all thought he had time to get to the 25, slide, clock the ball. That was just a bad call. Alex Smith said it on ESPN Daily today... they always considered it took 15-16 seconds to run a play and spike the ball. The Cowboys had 14. They really can't blame this on the refs.

• Like 2