Wildcard Round GDT - Dallas Cowboys vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

16 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

There were a handful of times where, through scheming, the niners made the Rams put Ramsey on Juice while he was being used as a decoy. Ramsey might as well had a seat on the bench for those plays. 

I bet we see similar stuff with Diggs and Parsons.

We should have thrown to Juice then.. he could have Minkah Fitzpatrick'ed him!

vlnbgo155kxbj7kgjleo.gif

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

I was thinking about when Quinn was in Seattle but that might have been Bradley.

I remember Shanny having A LOT of success against the Seahawks defense his last year in Atlanta...But their offense in general was unstoppable and freakish that season. 

But since Shanny has been in SF, doesn't matter who the DC at Seattle is, they always make it tough on us. Not THAT surprising since we have a lot of old school philosophy while their front is built the same way. They don't have any speed rusher on their DL, just some big bodies that are stout against the run and their DEs hold the edges very well. 

The key vs the Cowboys will be to somehow get their edge rushers to be hesitant pinning their ears and just going. Notice the TD run that Deebo had how the Rams DL just EXPLODED off the snap but that was used against them? Need to do the same and make them question when it will be a run play or a pass play. If we can do that, then we can control the game. But lawd if they just get to play with no regard of the run? It's going to be a LONG day. I know Compton has played well since replacing McGlinchey, but he's going up against Parsons and Lawrence all game long. That's not good....like at all lol. One thing we FINALLY did last game was chipping their edges, particularly Miller. For some reason, Shanny is super opposed to that but it is necessary, especially in today's NFL with how good and explosive these edge rushers are. What I'm curious about is are the Cowboys going to let Bosa play one on one or will they chip him like every other defense? Also, will they ever go to max protection like the Titans did? A little surprised no other team has gone to that as the Titans had a lot of success when they went to it. Maybe it was more so of a shock to Ryans and now he can adjust but man it was so frustrating seeing Tannehill have 5 seconds to find someone open against our zone. 

Obviously he is irreplaceable, but man with his playing style and injury history, I can't lie and say I won't be nervous about the deal he gets. Deebo deserves whatever he gets as he's just special and unlike anything else we have seen in this league. I'm rooting for him to get a massive deal but just hope he takes the offseasons as serious as he did this one. Yes @Forge, that means more hot yoga....Heck, start implementing that in your in-season routine since it seems to be working! 

We are going to get every last ounce of production out of Deebo and Kittle before they fall off. So yeah man, get your money and be set for the rest of your life, you deserve it! 

• Like 1

I mentioned this a bit after the Rams game, but can we please get Aiyuk more targets? That man is just open almost every single play and produces at a high level on limited targets but never gets close to double digit targets. Why is that? 10 catches for 201 yards the last two games but the kicker here is...only 13 targets. The man is freaking averaging over 15 yards per target the last two games and almost 10 yards per target for the season. And if you just look at the last 10 games when he got out of the "doghouse," he averaged 11.2 yards per target. It's actually wild, but our top three receivers are either averaging just a bit below 10 yards per target or are averaging even more than that, in the case of Deebo. For comparison, Cooper is averaging just over 8 yards per target and Lamb is averaging 9.2 per target. I don't know, but just feels like as good as Aiyuk has been the last 10 or so games, there's even another level he can get to.....If only targeted more lol. 84 targets in 17 games is just flat out embarrassing, that comes to below 5 targets a game. Yet he catches the ball on 67 freaking percent of his targets. Please change this going forward, Kyle.....

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mentioned this a bit after the Rams game, but can we please get Aiyuk more targets? That man is just open almost every single play and produces at a high level on limited targets but never gets close to double digit targets. Why is that? 10 catches for 201 yards the last two games but the kicker here is...only 13 targets. The man is freaking averaging over 15 yards per target the last two games and almost 10 yards per target for the season. It's actually wild, but our top three targets are either averaging just a bit below 10 yards per target or are averaging even more than that, in the case of Deebo. For comparison, Cooper is averaging just over 8 yards per target and Lamb is averaging 9.2 per target. I don't know, but just feels like as good as Aiyuk has been the last 10 or so games, there's even another level he can get to.....If only targeted more lol. 84 targets in 17 games is just flat out embarrassing, that comes to below 5 targets a game. Yet he catches the ball on 67 freaking percent of his targets. Please change this going forward, Kyle.....

So true! Yet doing this without much fanfare or desire for the spotlight. I like Deebo a lot, but Aiyuk is the dude I get most excited to see in action when the ball heads his way. He needs a lot more touches. Hope he and Kittle get more this weekend. 

20 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

So true! Yet doing this without much fanfare or desire for the spotlight. I like Deebo a lot, but Aiyuk is the dude I get most excited to see in action when the ball heads his way. He needs a lot more touches. Hope he and Kittle get more this weekend. 

With Trent returning, I can see Kittle getting more involved in the passing game this week. In fact, we will likely get him going early on some bootlegs to get him the ball in space and get Jimmy in rhythm. 

I like Aiyuk a lot, but no way do I get more excited to see him having the ball in his hands over Deebo....That man Deebo is just different lol.

NFC No. 3 Dallas vs. No. 6 San Francisco

4:30 p.m. ET Sunday, CBS

Elo favorite: Dallas -5½ (69 percent)

Why the Cowboys are favorites: It’s hard to find a team with a scarier statistical profile this season than Dallas, which ranked No. 1 in SRS, EPA, DVOA, passer rating differential and scoring offense. With a combination of an elite passing attack, led by Dak Prescott, and one of the game’s top passing defenses as well, the Cowboys seem as poised as ever for their long-awaited postseason breakthrough. The 49ers might be an especially favorable matchup for Dallas, since San Francisco’s pass D left something to be desired this season, and an opportunistic Cowboys defense (which led the league in takeaways) will get to face the interception-prone Jimmy Garoppolo on the other side of the ball.

Why the 49ers can pull the upset: Much like the Eagles’s potential path to toppling the Bucs, the Niners’ best hopes rest in using the league’s sixth-best EPA rushing offense to punish a Dallas run defense that ranked just 28th. With that mismatch as a starting point to build from, Garoppolo can better command an efficient San Francisco passing attack that easily led the league in net yards per attempt. If the 49ers can run effectively and avoid turnovers, they’ll have a chance to hang with the Cowboys in a game that could end up reminding us of classics from the past.

FiveThirtyEight likes Dallas quite a bit (-5.5) in this matchup and gives them about 70% to win. 

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-to-watch-for-in-the-nfls-wild-card-weekend/

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I remember Shanny having A LOT of success against the Seahawks defense his last year in Atlanta...But their offense in general was unstoppable and freakish that season. 

But since Shanny has been in SF, doesn't matter who the DC at Seattle is, they always make it tough on us. Not THAT surprising since we have a lot of old school philosophy while their front is built the same way. They don't have any speed rusher on their DL, just some big bodies that are stout against the run and their DEs hold the edges very well. 

The key vs the Cowboys will be to somehow get their edge rushers to be hesitant pinning their ears and just going. Notice the TD run that Deebo had how the Rams DL just EXPLODED off the snap but that was used against them? Need to do the same and make them question when it will be a run play or a pass play. If we can do that, then we can control the game. But lawd if they just get to play with no regard of the run? It's going to be a LONG day. I know Compton has played well since replacing McGlinchey, but he's going up against Parsons and Lawrence all game long. That's not good....like at all lol. One thing we FINALLY did last game was chipping their edges, particularly Miller. For some reason, Shanny is super opposed to that but it is necessary, especially in today's NFL with how good and explosive these edge rushers are. What I'm curious about is are the Cowboys going to let Bosa play one on one or will they chip him like every other defense? Also, will they ever go to max protection like the Titans did? A little surprised no other team has gone to that as the Titans had a lot of success when they went to it. Maybe it was more so of a shock to Ryans and now he can adjust but man it was so frustrating seeing Tannehill have 5 seconds to find someone open against our zone. 

I'm not too concerned with the offense outside of which Jimmy will show up. My biggest concern is Dak and the fact we struggle against mobile QBs. There has to be structure and discipline to our pass-rush and we struggle we can't just 'hunt' and pin our ears back. Need to be very sound against the boots and other actions outside the tackles.