Wild Card Weekend: Cardinals vs. Rams

BStanRamFan

23 hours ago, JonStark said:

Feels weird but in the last 24 hours, I became pretty confident in the game tomorrow (specifically Mcvay).

I feel like after that poor empty set choice and not going for it at the end, something has to click. That could have been the worst loss of his career because we should have been able to close it out twice in a division clinching game. If that's not going to get him to take a hard look in the mirror, nothing will. 

Hopefully we get a large dose of Sony and whatever Akers can handle. I'd also like to see OBJ used more like Woods used to be. Safford actually played well last week so if our line gives him a pocket to step into, I think he's going to play great. 

Im starting to feel the opposite lol. The way the playoffs are shaping with all these home teams winning, we figure a road team have to win at some point the WC Round. I have the Niners beating the Cowboys but if the Cowboys win and we think the Bucs and Chiefs win then that means no road team wouldve won. That leaves the Cards as the only road team left. They already beat the Rams at Sofi, they are still a great road team, and they are going to come in with tons of motivation that hardly nobody is picking them to win bc how they have played over the last month or so plus no D-Hop so people are definitely leaving them for dead. I could see them coming out and playing inspired football especially since they know they choked away the division and it could be a similar situation like last season where the Rams and Seahawks split the season series but the Seahawks won the division and the Rams had to go to Seattle in the wildcard round and the Rams won. The Cards could be do the same and thats what Im starting to be worried about. Plus the pressure Stafford does have to try to finally win his first playoff game. The NFL knew exactly what they was doing by putting this game as a stand alone game on MNF. That make the pressure on Stafford that much more hotter. I hope he dont try to press which could cause this game to go sideways early. All I know is Rams fans need to show up at this game and overwhelm the Cards with noise. Give the Rams the best homefield advantage ever. 

I really feel like not getting the 2 seed really screwed us. Round 2 is almost guaranteed to be against the packers unless a big upset happens today. A lot of people really think the Niners can beat Dallas but I don’t really see it happening. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

I really feel like not getting the 2 seed really screwed us. Round 2 is almost guaranteed to be against the packers unless a big upset happens today. A lot of people really think the Niners can beat Dallas but I don’t really see it happening. 

Agreed. Dallas' defense matches up really well against what the niners do on offense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDY10 said:

Plus Arizona is clearly a lot tougher draw than Philly. Whenever we had a chance all year to improve playoff seeding we came out flat. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

Plus Arizona is clearly a lot tougher draw than Philly. Whenever we had a chance all year to improve playoff seeding we came out flat. 

Not to mention we won’t get any more home games. If the Niners keep this up it’ll be rams at Tampa and Niners at Green Bay 

This was total domination in the 1st half. I was nervous coming into this game but I shouldnt have been bc I shouldve figured no way the Rams would allow Stafford to go (0-4) in the playoffs. The Rams might not win next week but certainly they werent going to have that monkey still on Stafford back in the playoffs. The defense is dominating the Cards. The running game look sharp and Stafford is playing solid football even with Kupp having a quiet statistical day. OBJ looks really good so is Higbee. If the Rams play like this moving forward they are going to the Superbowl. The Bucs better be worried next week if they are going to get this Rams team.