Wild Card Weekend: Cardinals vs. Rams

BStanRamFan

Mcvay is calling a great game (except for the empty set on 3rd and 2 but I'm convinced that was just to shut everyone up and he dialed up the perfect play that he knew was going to work). Stafford has looked great aside of a few throws and Higbee had a drop. That's about the only negatives I can say about the game so far which is pretty crazy.

Now, I'm just hoping we are able to close out and stay healthy. It's getting way to chippy and even though everyone knows Cam had no ill intent, he might have a bounty on his head. Let's close this out as easy as possible. If we play like this every week (especially the defense), we're winning it all.  

Great win for the Rams. Im so happy for Stafford to finally get this narrative of he cant win in the playoffs off his back. People act like he crapped the bed in the playoffs. With Detroit he played well enough to win in his last playoff game against the Cowboys but just came up short. Now I think Stafford can move forward and if he plays like we know he is capable of playing with this defense and this running game I love the Rams chances. 

The pass rush should be big on the Bucs bc their OL is banged up. So Von, Floyd, and Donald need to get their rest and be ready to go attack Brady all game long. Lets make this happen and get to the NFCCG. We are literally one game away and MAYBE just MAYBE we will be back at Sofi for the NFCCG. We have to take care of the Bucs though which wont be easy but Id rather be facing the Bucs than the Packers right now.

53 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Great win for the Rams. Im so happy for Stafford to finally get this narrative of he cant win in the playoffs off his back. People act like he crapped the bed in the playoffs. With Detroit he played well enough to win in his last playoff game against the Cowboys but just came up short. Now I think Stafford can move forward and if he plays like we know he is capable of playing with this defense and this running game I love the Rams chances. 

The pass rush should be big on the Bucs bc their OL is banged up. So Von, Floyd, and Donald need to get their rest and be ready to go attack Brady all game long. Lets make this happen and get to the NFCCG. We are literally one game away and MAYBE just MAYBE we will be back at Sofi for the NFCCG. We have to take care of the Bucs though which wont be easy but Id rather be facing the Bucs than the Packers right now.

While I really don't think it's likely - fully recognizing that a Joe Barry-run defense is quite capable of laying a egg against Shanahan - Rodgers is playing out of his mind right now and I believe that Packers are very capable of doing what the Cowboys should have done and established the run a lot better against the Niners - while the talk all week will be about Rodgers, I'm looking at AJ Dillon to have a pretty big output come Saturday.

That said, if it does happen, I just find it rich that Twitter was chockfull of Niners fans expecting that they could win in Lambeau and go on to have "home field advantage" in SoFi... because getting ST-holders to sell you Week 18 tickets near Christmas-time is so clearly comparable to getting them to sell you NFCCG playoff tickets.  And that's not considering the groundswell of backlash that came up from a pretty large segment of the ST-holders this past week after last week and the radio comments from Stafford's wife.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

While I really don't think it's likely - fully recognizing that a Joe Barry-run defense is quite capable of laying a egg against Shanahan - Rodgers is playing out of his mind right now and I believe that Packers are very capable of doing what the Cowboys should have done and established the run a lot better against the Niners - while the talk all week will be about Rodgers, I'm looking at AJ Dillon to have a pretty big output come Saturday.

That said, if it does happen, I just find it rich that Twitter was chockfull of Niners fans expecting that they could win in Lambeau and go on to have "home field advantage" in SoFi... because getting ST-holders to sell you Week 18 tickets near Christmas-time is so clearly comparable to getting them to sell you NFCCG playoff tickets.  And that's not considering the groundswell of backlash that came up from a pretty large segment of the ST-holders this past week after last week and the radio comments from Stafford's wife.

The Packers run defense is one of their weaknesses other than special teams. The Niners definitely can take advantage of it. Now the Packers should win this game but I think if Bosa and Warner are playing the Niners have a real chance to win. The Rams if they beat the Bucs and do get HFA in the NFCCG Rams ST holders and Rams fans in general need to put their feelings aside and show support for the Rams to give the Rams that true HFA bc the Rams need to finally beat the Niners but most importantly get back to the Superbowl. 

I felt really good about Sony Michel in our offense. Loved the physicality he brought and churned out yards in the run game, but WOW. Watching Akers reminds me how good he is. The speed to hit the gap and ability to take it to the house is in insane. Plus he can push the pile forward. Can't believe what we're seeing from him 5 months removed from an Achilles. If he plays like that all postseason it takes alot of pressure off Stafford/McVay to be pass heavy and defenses will have to bring in an extra defender to account for Akers. This is potentially BIG if he's really healthy.

Defense played lights out as we usually do against ARI. Murray looked unprepared and disinterested which I was shocked about. We got really lucky how the matchups played out, let's make the most of it.

• Like 2