To my fellow nay-sayers from before the season started...

navysaintsfan

Anything short of the playoffs is a failure IMO, and 4 straight seasons with no playoffs means it's time to move on.

Of course, I hope we make the playoffs though, and I hope we make a deep run and Payton does come back next year.

10 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

I was about as down on Payton as anyone over the last few years and like all of us I knew this would be his make or break season...

Well were at the mid-way point and he has his team at 6-2. Yes I still have my concerns and a late season collaspe is always possible but I will man up and give credit where its due. Payton has done a great job thus far and has done it with consiatant shuffling along the offensive line due to injuries. The season started with thr loss of one of our best defenders for the season (perhaps his career) so Payton has faced some adversity so far and it hasnt always been pretty.

Even if the Saints dont win this division, I stated before this year that Payton was in a playoffs or bust year and I stand by that and at 6-2 Payton has his team in position to be a playoff team. All while being one of the youngest teams in the NFL showing progress.

All the new coaches he added in the offseason also seem to be the correct call. 

The avg age for the defensive starters is 24 year olds. That is really young like you said. 

Archived