A New Era: Zimmer and Spielman both fired on Black Monday

vike daddy

4 hours ago, GermanVike said:

I like Spytek as well. Seems like they had a couple of very solid drafts down in Tampa. Built solid lines on both sides of the football as well.

And while he's not "one of us", he did run the Grandma's Marathon...so does that count?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

My preference for the 7 known candidates;

1. Cook
2. Wolf
3. Brown
4. Poles
5. Spytek
6. Kwesi
7. Raiche

I'd love to hear what factors in to your decision with them?  I frankly don't know enough about any of them to make a list like yours.

12 minutes ago, RpMc said:

I'd love to hear what factors in to your decision with them?  I frankly don't know enough about any of them to make a list like yours.

I’m far more interested in candidates with a scouting background than a business background, which is why Kwesi and Raiche are the last two on my list. At the end of the day recognizing and adding talent is the most important aspect.

Cook is my top choice of this list partly because of where he’s scouted. The fact that he was a scout for the Packers and Colts before he joined Berry in Cleveland carries a lot of weight with me. I’ve always liked, and been jealous of, the talent that the Packers have a history of scouting. 

Eliot is similar to Cook in that I like his back ground with the Packers. He was basically being groomed to replace Ted Thompson, and while his back ground has primarily been scouting, he does have some business experience as well. Which is a plus. But he falls second behind Cook because his star seems to have dwindled a bit. He’s no longer the fast riser. 

Brown, another guy with a scouting back ground. And like Cook, a fast riser. I have him ranked over Spytek because I like the Eagles back ground more than I do Tampa Bay’s. 

Spytek falls last of the candidates with scouting back grounds mainly because I just don’t trust how the Bucs have done things before Brady got there. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m far more interested in candidates with a scouting background than a business background, which is why Kwesi and Raiche are the last two on my list. At the end of the day recognizing and adding talent is the most important aspect.

Cook is my top choice of this list partly because of where he’s scouted. The fact that he was a scout for the Packers and Colts before he joined Berry in Cleveland carries a lot of weight with me. I’ve always liked, and been jealous of, the talent that the Packers have a history of scouting. 

Eliot is similar to Cook in that I like his back ground with the Packers. He was basically being groomed to replace Ted Thompson, and while his back ground has primarily been scouting, he does have some business experience as well. Which is a plus. But he falls second behind Cook because his star seems to have dwindled a bit. He’s no longer the fast riser. 

Brown, another guy with a scouting back ground. And like Cook, a fast riser. I have him ranked over Spytek because I like the Eagles back ground more than I do Tampa Bay’s. 

Spytek falls last of the candidates with scouting back grounds mainly because I just don’t trust how the Bucs have done things before Brady got there. 

Thank you!