A New Era: Zimmer and Spielman both fired on Black Monday

vike daddy

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

If we get Bieniemy and pair him with Culley as a QB coach or OC, I would love it. Culley absolutely made something out of nothing. 

Would love Culley here, would love Anthony Lynn here, I'm a sucker for people who have that "teacher" vibe.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

If we get Bieniemy and pair him with Culley as a QB coach or OC, I would love it. Culley absolutely made something out of nothing. 

Pep Hamilton might now also be available...

1 minute ago, JDBrocks said:

It seems as though Culley got a raw deal?

It’s certainly not fair, and it doesn’t make Houston’s management look great. 

But, and this may be an unpopular opinion, but it might be the best in the long run for Houston. 

The issue with Watson started after his ideas for a new Head Coach were ignored. And it wasn’t long after he made his feelings known that Houston hired Culley. The Culley hiring was seen by many last year as a move to try and mend fences with Watson. That didn’t happen. 

There are a lot of reports out there that Brian Flores was a driving force behind the rumors of Miami trading for Watson. If that’s true, and Houston goes out and hires Flores, could that be enough to entice Watson back into the locker room? If it is, while the visual of firing Culley after one year is bad, it’s something that was for the “greater good”.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

It’s certainly not fair, and it doesn’t make Houston’s management look great. 

But, and this may be an unpopular opinion, but it might be the best in the long run for Houston. 

The issue with Watson started after his ideas for a new Head Coach were ignored. And it wasn’t long after he made his feelings known that Houston hired Culley. The Culley hiring was seen by many last year as a move to try and mend fences with Watson. That didn’t happen. 

There are a lot of reports out there that Brian Flores was a driving force behind the rumors of Miami trading for Watson. If that’s true, and Houston goes out and hires Flores, could that be enough to entice Watson back into the locker room? If it is, while the visual of firing Culley after one year is bad, it’s something that was for the “greater good”.  

I think this is all probably right. I also think that I would not want to go play or work for the Texans.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I think this is all probably right. I also think that I would not want to go play or work for the Texans.

There’s definitely going to need to be damage control. But if, and it’s a huge if, they get Watson to come back, that’ll keep a lot of players interested.