A New Era: Zimmer and Spielman both fired on Black Monday

vike daddy

27 minutes ago, RpMc said:

All of what these players are coming out and saying just cements for me how I’ve always tried to coach. 

sounds like the environment under Zimmer might have been a little stifling. 

The nicest way I can put it is that it sounds like Zimmer came in and did things his way and expected everyone to follow suit while they built. And it worked. But Zimmer’s stubbornness led to him failing to grow and evolve while the players and team grew and evolved around him. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Louis Riddick, Former Director of Pro Personnel, Philadelphia Eagles

Long before he was a fixture on ESPN, Louis Riddick was a respected personnel man who spent more than a decade in the league with Washington and Philadelphia. He served as the Eagles’ director of pro personnel from 2010-2013. Riddick knows the game, and he knows how to communicate. It’s time some team made him the face of a franchise.

I don't know any of these other guys so I cannot comment, all one can do is look at teams and see what teams have good rosters and assuming it is because the personnel department.  

Louis Riddick though I have always been impressed with his knowledge and he is a great communicator, good hard nose guy and I would take him as a NFL GM any day.  Surprised he has not got a position, apparently interviewed for the Jaguars GM job last year.  

6 minutes ago, RpMc said:

So if we start connecting some, admittedly way too early, dots…

Miami - Leftwich
Vegas - Harbaugh
Denver - Quinn
Chicago - ???
Jacksonville 
Minnesota

Jacksonville - Leftwich
Vegas -
Minnesota - Brian Flores
Denver - 
Chicago
Miami -

How about that, really it is a crap shoot honestly who knows.  These are the top guys available including the two above I feel, Desai might be a big early but his time will come, Stoutland probably not but his OL record is ridiculous but sure doubt he wants to even be a HC but that guy does not get enough credit.  

Brian Flores Former Dolphins HC
Ryan Day Ohio State HC
Todd Bowles Bucs DC
Joe Barry Packers DC
Vance Joseph Rams DC
Byron Leftwich Bucs OC
Leslie Frazier Bills DC 
Sean Desai Bears DC
Eric Bieniemy Chiefs OC 
Jeff Stoutland Eagles OL coach

If freaking Dan Quinn who has been great on that improved Dallas D can get another HC job then Bowles, Joseph and Frazier should get that same opportunity!

Who knows, but honestly Dan Quinn at Denver, he was just fired and they just fired a defensive guy who was pretty damn good, why go get another one that was just fired by the Falcons not too long ago as a HC?  That would be odd but yeah on "twitter" I saw that recently as well.  

Either way nothing happens till the GM is in place I assume.  

7 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

there are some out there saying Harbaugh is leveraging going to the NFL to get an extended contract at Michigan.

I can't see why Jim Harbaugh would even want to go back to the NFL, he seems like a college guy all the way and why return to the NFL and just be fired in like 3 years?  

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I can’t say that anything the Jets have done would lead me to believe anyone on their staff is worth hiring. 

And Chris Ballard probably learned more in 4 years in KC than he ever learned in over a decade with the Bears.

As far as GM candidates go im really hoping for Ed Dodds or Will McClay. But i will have faith in whoever the Wilf's decide to hire. 

For some reason these HC candidates dont excite me too much. I've kind of soured on Kellen Moore. Bienemy might be ok, but Reid/Mahomes are obviously a huge reason why KC's offense has been successful. Leftwich has Brady/Arians over him. So those things worry me, even though that doesn't mean that they cant be successful coaches on their own. Ive heard Flores' name mentioned, and id be ok with it. But i just want an offensive minded guy & continuity in regards to playcaller/system. I think if we go with another defensive coach, the offensive coordinator will continue to be a revolving door. The only way to keep a good OC/offensive mind is to hire him as a HC. I think its easier to find a DC like possibly Fangio & keep him around for a few years because he's not likely to take another HC job. 

Its probably not very popular, but right now my #1 option is Doug Pederson. Followed by Josh Mcdaniels or Daboll.