A New Era: Zimmer and Spielman both fired on Black Monday

vike daddy

2 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

Yeah The Bears and Jags jobs are far better potential due to their QB's IMO.

I think I want the more analytics rout. I think that could be a better indicator of future success.

For the HC maybe, but not for a GM job.  The GM job cares more about team ownership because they want the stability to know that they aren't going to be fired after a short time.  In the same amount of time that Rick Spielman was with the VIkings, the Bears are going onto to their 4th GM and with the heat that Baalke is feeling right now, the Jags might soon be on their 5th.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, swede700 said:

The Vikings are already on the schedule to interview DeMeco Ryans tomorrow...I imagine they'll have lots of questions about tonight's game.  

It should also be noted that Kwesi worked for the 49ers as well.  

20 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Double down on the Ryans?

RPRM?

so many good options. 

While I won’t be surprised if Poles is the hire, La Canfora is not a reliable source. 

The amount of times he’s been caught passing off speculation as a report is astounding. 

33 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It should also be noted that Kwesi worked for the 49ers as well.  

He specifically said the analytics they provided said George Kittle would be very good (higher then where he was rated/going), but he honestly said, “well they didn’t predict he’d be this good.” 

Curious if SF's defensive performance today eases people's concerns about Kellen More, albeit just a bit.

It does for me. A guy with that small of a rapsheet, I was worried after their offensive performance last week. But it's pretty clear that the SF defense is just playing at an elite level right now.

24 minutes ago, viking said:

Hackett off the table as HC? 10 points in a home playoff game with the best QB in the league is pretty yikes

Let’s just ignore the cold which equalizing the game, & makes for inept offense.  Hackett is not high on my list right now

Edited by CriminalMind

36 minutes ago, viking said:

Hackett off the table as HC? 10 points in a home playoff game with the best QB in the league is pretty yikes

If you’re picking your HC based off of one game, you’re doing it wrong.

You’re hiring a guy to be the head coach, not a coordinator. They are two very different roles.

20 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If you’re picking your HC based off of one game, you’re doing it wrong.

You’re hiring a guy to be the head coach, not a coordinator. They are two very different roles.

You're picking your head coach to win a ring and he's been part of a coaching staff that's pooped the bed three seasons straight.

Hackett is out of the consideration for me

• Like 1