A New Era: Zimmer and Spielman both fired on Black Monday

vike daddy

10 hours ago, RpMc said:

Sign me up for Demeco Ryans if that’s the direction the team wants to go. Has the 9ers playing some damn good defense. 

This is what I’ve been saying for weeks!!  He’s by far my number one, but I also like Raheem Morris.

7 hours ago, Nzd07 said:

Curious if SF's defensive performance today eases people's concerns about Kellen More, albeit just a bit.

It does for me. A guy with that small of a rapsheet, I was worried after their offensive performance last week. But it's pretty clear that the SF defense is just playing at an elite level right now.

Kellen Moore is not nearly the level of HC candidate as DeMeco Ryans.  Moore is not the team inspiring motivator that Ryans is.  Moore is supposed to be a good X’s and O’s Guy, but after the Cowboys playoff exit it’s clear he needs more development in that area.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, viking said:

You're picking your head coach to win a ring and he's been part of a coaching staff that's pooped the bed three seasons straight.

Hackett is out of the consideration for me

They should wait until after the super bowl and pick a coach from the winner

I've accepted the fact we are hiring a defensive coach. Because of this, give me Ryans. This guy would totally fit the Mike Tomlin mold that the Wilfs are looking for. He has the youth, is a leader of men, and is very intelligent with the X's and O's. That would be a slam dunk hire. 

Edited by AP_allday2869
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

I like Ryans alot. But i worry a defensive minded coach will have the same run first approach as Zim had. 

I think the run first mentality was more old school stubbornness then a defensive minded approach. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric dunn said:

I like Ryans alot. But i worry a defensive minded coach will have the same run first approach as Zim had. 

Zimmer wanted to make sure he put his defense in the absolute best position to be successful by running to control the clock.

Whether it's a generational thing, or not, younger defensive coaches don't seem to have that same hang up. Look at Brandon Staley with LAC; the chargers were third in the league in pass attempts

33 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Zimmer wanted to make sure he put his defense in the absolute best position to be successful by running to control the clock.

Whether it's a generational thing, or not, younger defensive coaches don't seem to have that same hang up. Look at Brandon Staley with LAC; the chargers were third in the league in pass attempts

And McDermott with the bills. 

• Like 1