A New Era: Zimmer and Spielman both fired on Black Monday

vike daddy

19 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

so here's a good game to play....

of this list we now have, who would be the likely choices for HC should Poles or Adofo-Mensah become GM?

The easy connection for KAM would be Ryans as they were both on the 49ers staff from 2017-2019, perhaps their paths crossed?

I think that is the only actual "connection" among the GM/HC finalists. Perhaps that's a good thing?

14 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Because his communication skills are....below par to put it nicely. 

A lot of that is probably convoluted.

Also they forced Tua on him when Fitz was balling out.

I'd be resentful of the GM and ownership as well.

He won't get micromanaged here. The players go to war for the guy. It's what you want in a HC.

1 minute ago, twslhs20 said:

A lot of that is probably convoluted.

Also they forced Tua on him when Fitz was balling out.

I'd be resentful of the GM and ownership as well.

He won't get micromanaged here. The players go to war for the guy. It's what you want in a HC.

But that's the collaboration part that they're looking for that he's lacking.  Unfortunately, that is the Belichick way that he learned from.  They don't want someone who wants all the power.  

8 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

The easy connection for KAM would be Ryans as they were both on the 49ers staff from 2017-2019, perhaps their paths crossed?

I think that is the only actual "connection" among the GM/HC finalists. Perhaps that's a good thing?

That could be a good thing...Poles isn't necessarily connected to any single one of them, but I imagine there would be some favorites based on those coaches who schematically fit in with the Chiefs' organization he worked for...like Hackett, Moore, Morris or O'Connell.

8 minutes ago, swede700 said:

But that's the collaboration part that they're looking for that he's lacking.  Unfortunately, that is the Belichick way that he learned from.  They don't want someone who wants all the power.  

I want to get get rid of Kirk, find a better QB, and win.

I couldn't care less about power distribution. Give it to him. If he fails, he fails; he will be accountable.  If he succeeds, then the team does.

2 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

I want to get get rid of Kirk, find a better QB, and win.

I couldn't care less about power distribution. Give it to him. If he fails, he fails; he will be accountable.  If he succeeds, then the team does.

1 minute ago, twslhs20 said:

I'd refuse to work with Tua. He flat sucks.

He was promoted to take care and try to improve Tua. I’m just seeing the team try and take a little more of an analytical approach here. Flores has to have it his way. He may not even get a head coaching gig this year.

2 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

That makes sense with Moore. He's just not ready, or maybe he just doesn't have the personality and demeanor to be a head coach.

I remember asking if people were concerned about his lack of experience when he was gaining steam. Of course I started to buy into him right before everyone fell off of his bandwagon 

I'm coming to the conclusion that our next head coach will be another defensive guy, and I hate that. So I hope it's Raheem Morris because he's had experience on both sides, at least. I understand that you can have a defensive minded coach who still lets the offense rip it, but I think that when crunch time comes, the Head Coach falls back on what he knows. The strength of this team is offense. Period.

If Ryans is the type of guy who will get out of his OC's way, great. I guess there's only one way to find out. 

Edited by wcblack34
  • Like 1