A New Era: Zimmer and Spielman both fired on Black Monday

vike daddy

5 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I wonder if Kwesi will have any other competition for the GM job, will they request one more interview from another GM prospect or are they saying, "It's your job Kwesi." 

I have no sources but I think it's his unless he totally effs up today lol.

5 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I wonder if Kwesi will have any other competition for the GM job, will they request one more interview from another GM prospect or are they saying, "It's your job Kwesi." 

i would say it would be time to lock him up as GM and move immediately to hiring a head coach.

the dominoes, they will fall quickly once the first one does....

A general overseer (with some personnel background, but not much) that allows the football people to make the football decisions while applying his analytical approach.  That's something that I can get behind.

Admittedly, I would have preferred Poles, but I'm excited that we, hopefully, have our future Super Bowl roster architect.

• Like 2

Kwesi Adofo-Mensah talks about what analytics means in football (usatoday.com)

Adofo-Mensah was asked about the different connotations, both good and bad, associated with the word “analytics.” In his answer, the young VP explained the brain trust’s decision-making process and how that relates to the vague term.

“It is so funny, before I came into the NFL, I never heard that word and never used that word, and now that I am in the NFL, I still do not,” Adofo-Mensah told reporters via Zoom. “At the end of the day, we are trying to make good decisions. These are uncertain things that we are trying to figure out so we try to be evidence-based, I would more say. Look, coaches and scouts have been evidence-based in the NFL for a long time. Every quality control coach is evidence-based. They come up with a probability. I do not necessarily think that this is some new thing. I think we are just applying it, using different methods and also using it across football operations.”

“We are trying to win on the margins and so we are trying extricate every little winning possible advantage we can find across football operations and use the evidence to support that,” he said. “I think that Kevin (Stefanski), AB (Andrew Berry), DePodesta and everybody in this organization are aligned in that sense. I do not think we believe it is more than it is and I do not think we believe that is less than it is. I think we just believe that it is an important facet and something that can help us, and we are going to use whatever to help us.”

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2020/06/13/browns-vp-kwesi-adofo-mensah-explains-analytics-in-football/

• Like 2