A New Era: Zimmer and Spielman both fired on Black Monday

vike daddy

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

How do we feel about Lane Kiffin?

You couldn't go in a more different direction than Zimmer. Kiffin is a young, offensive mind that embraces social media and hasn't been with one team for 4 years straight. His 5-15 NFL record is mostly due to JaMarcus Russell, though. He has a lot of boom or bust potential.

21 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Obviously it’s just a guess, but of all teams, that would make sense. Go back to Dallas and just coach the defense. His defense would do pretty well there….. I’d guess Kearse would want to leave tho.

Something about McCarthy and Zimmer coaching together is really amusing to me. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

and how do we feel about that...?

The fact that it's being phrased as him being interested, and not us interested in him is intriguing.  If he's looking at the roster and thinking he can make something of it, I like that a lot.  He's definitely on my list if we want to go the young, hot shot, route.

• Like 6

The fact that we haven’t seen any reports yet if the Vikings requesting an interview with any of the candidates tells me one of two things A) The decision to fire Spielman was a last minute decision, and B) They may be giving serious consideration to someone internally. 

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

and how do we feel about that...?

Kellen Moore is the most intriguing guy to me. He's a phenomenal, proven play caller. He has had a meteoric rise in the past 4 years. Everyone is looking for the next McVay and Moore might be him.

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

I'm fine with him, should that be the route.  But he's certainly not on my favorite list.  I think it's easy to be productive in the Cowboys offense with the weapons they have.  

No it's not, just ask Zimmer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

The fact that we haven’t seen any reports yet if the Vikings requesting an interview with any of the candidates tells me one of two things A) The decision to fire Spielman was a last minute decision, and B) They may be giving serious consideration to someone internally. 

i'm voting on the latter. Jamaal, perhaps?

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Jamaal Stephenson, perhaps?