Raiders Offense

MrOaktown_56

I also think that Kenyan Drake (assuming he's 100%) is poised for a big year. One of the oddest things about the Gruden era before he was fired was that he signed Drake to such a large deal and then hardly used him. McDaniels has shown that he likes to use multiple backs to keep guys fresh and thankfully Jacobs and Drake can both catch the ball out of the backfield. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I also think that Kenyan Drake (assuming he's 100%) is poised for a big year. One of the oddest things about the Gruden era before he was fired was that he signed Drake to such a large deal and then hardly used him. McDaniels has shown that he likes to use multiple backs to keep guys fresh and thankfully Jacobs and Drake can both catch the ball out of the backfield. 

Yeh, it was strange how much he got and you'd think he'd have been more involved. Looking at what the Pats did with what must be said was an average to decent stable of backs I'm very optimistic what we can get out of Jacobs, Drake, Richard (if he stays) and Bolden which on paper is very strong. I think if Richard stays he could really surprise in a role like the Birkhead role. He's a very good pass catcher and good blocker, he may be cut for cap reasons but if he stays I think he can be a big surprise.

• Like 1

Just now, Darbsk said:

Yeh, it was strange how much he got and you'd think he'd have been more involved. Looking at what the Pats did with what must be said was an average to decent stable of backs I'm very optimistic what we can get out of Jacobs, Drake, Richard (if he stays) and Bolden which on paper is very strong. I think if Richard stays he could really surprise in a role like the Birkhead role. He's a very good pass catcher and good blocker, he may be cut for cap reasons but if he stays I think he can be a big surprise.

Richard isn't under contract anymore and we signed Bolden to fill his role as our third down pass catching / blocking RB. 

20 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Richard isn't under contract anymore and we signed Bolden to fill his role as our third down pass catching / blocking RB. 

Ah right, I thought he was still under contract. I think we may still carry 4 as they did seem to rotate a lot in New England, first three are set, Abdullah us a long shot and maybe we add another for training camp too.

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Ah right, I thought he was still under contract. I think we may still carry 4 as they did seem to rotate a lot in New England, first three are set, Abdullah us a long shot and maybe we add another for training camp too.

this it nitpicking but rushing to overpay a 32 Bolden is meh. Should have just kept Richard for cheap, or signed another RB for the minimum. 

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

For the players to not fumble and drop passes that lead to a pick 6? Not saying Richard is a scrub but he’s super replaceable.

Bolden was more productive last season than Richard the last two seasons combined,  lol.

• Like 1

I'd like to see McDaniels get creative and use Edwards as a big slot WR at times. His first two TD's came on a pick play at the goal line and from the slot against the Chiefs were he got a free release and just broke down the middle. Edwards doesn't really create separation, Renfrow is strictly a slot guy, Waller/Adams operate in the more intermediate areas. I still think we could use a speedy WR that can win outside. 

• 2 weeks later...

Rumors have been swirling for a while around Darren Waller’s future with the Raiders and one team insider believes the upcoming season is likely to be Waller’s last year with the Raiders. 

“Moreau will be a lot more affordable than Darren Waller, but I think you can probably get Renfrow and Moreau done,” The Athletic’s Vic Tafur said on the State of the Nation podcast. 

“You have all these new contracts. You have Chandler Jones, Davante Adams, and now [Derek] Carr. I kind of feel like Waller is kind of the odd man out. I think he probably won’t be here past this year, but you never know.”

Likely Waller's last season here.

Edited by NYRaider

I really wouldn’t be surprised to see Robinson start ahead of Edwards. Feels like Edwards situation could go either way. Really hope to see a big jump this season. Now or never for him. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see this be Wallers last season. I think his past really humbles him and makes him great full for the opportunity and appreciates the Raiders for that and I don’t think he will want to be the highest paid TE just a well deserved pay increase to put him up there. Like Carr I think it’s about finding the middle ground for him and the Raiders. 

If he has a season where he has double digit TDs it would make it hard to let him go. I would have no issues paying him till he’s 33 I think his game is gonna translate really well as he gets older. Still think he has two seasons of crazy athletic ability before it ever starts to slow down for him. 

Edited by agarcia34

On 4/14/2022 at 3:27 PM, NYRaider said:

I'd like to see McDaniels get creative and use Edwards as a big slot WR at times. His first two TD's came on a pick play at the goal line and from the slot against the Chiefs were he got a free release and just broke down the middle. Edwards doesn't really create separation, Renfrow is strictly a slot guy, Waller/Adams operate in the more intermediate areas. I still think we could use a speedy WR that can win outside. 

NE is the best in the NFL at WR picks. That's one aspect of the NE offense that I'm really excited to see.