Playoffs- Wild Card- Raiders

Johnny Nix

5 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I'd feel better if Reiff were healthy (although he isn't what he used to be, he's still better than Prince), so we better have a plan for Crosby other than "The RT needs to block him"

Isaiah Prince is the biggest concern in my opinion. I can't believe he's still worrying me after being terrible at ohio state now he's being terrible in Cincinnati.  We got to get better depth. I'm stressing already.

57 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

Isaiah Prince is the biggest concern in my opinion. I can't believe he's still worrying me after being terrible at ohio state now he's being terrible in Cincinnati.  We got to get better depth. I'm stressing already.

Am I alone in wondering why Prince plays over Fred Johnson? If they don't put Sample over to help Prince regularly it could be a long day. 

1 hour ago, ochocinco4pres said:

Am I alone in wondering why Prince plays over Fred Johnson? If they don't put Sample over to help Prince regularly it could be a long day. 

No. You are not. Although he's not good either. We probably should have kept that dude that was terrible at RT last year over both.

26 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I'd leave Carman at guard and whoever looks better between Adeniji and Smith would be at RT. Whoever ends up at RT better be getting some help against Crosby.

I agree, leave carman at G. I thought Smith played well on Sunday vs. Garrett. Honestly anyone would be better than Prince at this point. 

4 hours ago, ochocinco4pres said:

I agree, leave carman at G. I thought Smith played well on Sunday vs. Garrett. Honestly anyone would be better than Prince at this point. 

He's so bad. Unfortunately I don't see us making an improvement there. In theory I think Fred or any of those three who have been playing guard but have tackle experience would be better, but I'm not sure that is truly the case, unfortunately. Just don't get my son hurt please.

This should be an interesting game.  The Bengals team that walloped the Raiders back in November is not the same Bengals team, philosophically, as the team that's taking the field this coming Saturday.  While they went run heavy in the last meeting, i would imagine the approach is going to be much different this time around.

I think we'll see a Bengals offense geared for short passing this coming Saturday.  The Raiders like to rush 4 and drop 7, and rarely blitz.  They're going to try and keep everything in front of them, and rush Joe with those fantastic DE's.  We may not see a long pass all day, but that might be ok if Joe stays patient and doesn't force anything.  Seems like it could be a good Tyler Boyd game.  That front 4 is good though, and worries me.

Defensively, the Bengals did a good job last time pressuring Carr, getting pressure on him 35% of his dropbacks.  They also did a number on the running game, really bottling up Josh Jacobs.  I'm sure they'll be trying to do something similar.  Raiders fans can correct me if i'm wrong, but it looks like we'll be seeing the same offensive line as the last time they met?

I feel pretty confident going into this game, again mainly because of Joe and how they've been playing recently.