Playoffs- Wild Card- Raiders

Johnny Nix

The game plan will be very interesting. Joe Mixon had a monster day last time and if you look I believe the Raiders have one of the worst run defenses in the league. So it makes sense to attack that. But overall Zac has seemed to give the keys to Joey B more lately and let him ball. So will he continue to do that or attack what appears to be the Raiders biggest weakness. I am fine living and dying with the ball in Joey B's hands, but pray to go Prince doesn't get him killed. 

1 hour ago, ochocinco4pres said:

The game plan will be very interesting. Joe Mixon had a monster day last time and if you look I believe the Raiders have one of the worst run defenses in the league. So it makes sense to attack that. But overall Zac has seemed to give the keys to Joey B more lately and let him ball. So will he continue to do that or attack what appears to be the Raiders biggest weakness. I am fine living and dying with the ball in Joey B's hands, but pray to go Prince doesn't get him killed. 

Make them pick their poison.  If they play 2 safeties back then pound it with Mixon (and i'd give Evans some carries too personally), and when they bring 8 in the box, then attack them downfield with Chase and Higgins, with Boyd  working underneath.  Trust Jonah on Yannick, and use Uzomah/Sample to chip Crosby and release as a safety valve.

1 hour ago, Johnny Nix said:

My worry is that we are gonna go back into conservative mode. There’s no reason to think that they will based on the last few weeks, but will the pressure of the playoffs change the game plan?

Marvin has left the building.  One can only hope that Zac doesn't go limp in the spotlight.

On 1/11/2022 at 4:40 AM, THE DUKE said:

I'd feel better if Reiff were healthy (although he isn't what he used to be, he's still better than Prince), so we better have a plan for Crosby other than "The RT needs to block him"

I don’t know why the Chargers didn’t help Norton more against Crosby. Hopefully Taylor learns from our mistakes.

4 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Marvin has left the building.  One can only hope that Zac doesn't go limp in the spotlight.

There's no reason to think that will happen.  they've been playing pseudo playoff games for weeks now in the spotlight.  you'd think this will be more of the same.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ochocinco4pres said:

Ranked 19th against the run and 13th against the pass. Not great but not particularly bad at either.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Same, schedule is cleared after 2pm, going to get in front of the big screen and take in the game in 70" 4K glory!

Love it. I'll be settling for a 53 inch screen. I've been waiting on it to die for a few years so I can justify one that fills up my living room wall.