Mass Effect Mafia - GAME OVER! The Reapers are defeated!

Whicker

mass effect relay | Tumblr

"Whicker did everything right... saving the Citadel but leaving the Council to die... Humanity's place in the galaxy is stronger than ever. And still... it's not enough."
"Humans may control the council, but Whicker remains our best hope."
"But they're sending him to fight Geth... Geth... we both know they're not the real threat. The Reapers are still out there."
"And it's up to us to stop them." 
"The Council will never trust Cerberus. They'll never accept our help, even after everything humanity has accomplished... but Whicker... they'll follow him. He's a hero, a bloody icon... But he's just one man. If we lose him, humanity might as well follow." 
"Then see to it that we don't lose him..."

Edited by Whicker
  • Like 1

General Mafia Rules

1. All moves must be PM'd to me by the player responsible for the move. You may send me a list of prioritzed targets if you will not be around and aren't sure who will still be in the game.

2. I will not accept any votes if they aren't bolded. It must also be your own post. Votes must not be hidden (ie white text).

3. Stay active. You must vote every day. Failure to do this twice will result in replacement or modkill.

4. My post will officially start night. Any votes after my post will not count. Any votes prior will. Talking is allowed at night.

5. You may edit posts. Do not edit votes.

6. Once you die, you are allowed one post. You may not post anything game related.

7. Players cannot communicate with one another through any medium other than this thread, unless I specifically say they can. No exceptions.

8. In the event of a tie, there will be a 15 minute runoff between the tied players. Any ties after the OT period will result in no lynch.

9. Don't post PMs or screenshots of PMs. No exceptions. If you aren't sure of what is allowed, PM me. Failure to comply will result in your death.

10. I reserve the right to change/add rules at any time I see fit. You will be notified if this happens.

11. Have fun. This is just a game. Don't take things personally, don't make things personal, and don't violate any forum rules. It's pretty simple.

Sign-Ups:

1. Forge - Urdnot Wrex [Barrier, Stimulant Pack] (aligned with Shepard's Crew) -lynched D5
2. wolfeyestrk - Harbinger [Dark Sphere, Energy Drain] (aligned with the Reapers] - lynched D2
3. MWil23 - Javik [Dark Channel, Slam] (aligned with Shepard's Crew) - killed N2 
4. Jlash
5. TheKillerNacho
6. JoshstraDaymus (replaced by MWil)
7. ET80
8. Raves - Thane Krios [Throw, Warp] (aligned with Shepard's Crew) - killed N3
9. bcb1213 - Jack [Shockwave, Pull] (aligned with Shepard's Crew) - killed N1 
10. Pickle Rick - Human Reaper Larvae [Cryoblast, Sabotage] (aligned with the Reapers) - lynched D3
11.5. Slappy Mc
12. gopherwrestler - Sovereign [Repair Matrix, Biotic Focus] (aligned with the Reapers) - lynched D4
13. Blue
14. Tk3
15. Tugboat - Kaidan Alenko [Reave, Overload] (aligned with Shepard's Crew) - lynched D6
16. The Orca - James Vega [Fortification, Carnage] (aligned with Shepard's Crew] - killed N6
17. Matts4313 - Garrus Vakarian [Overload, Proximity Mine] (aligned with Shepard's Crew) - lynched D1 

Edited by Whicker

Just another routine mission..

Why do they always say that before a mission? Of course it's routine... you haven't done anything yet. It's everything that happens along the way, the choices you make, the paths you choose – that turn the routine into anything but.

Of course, that's how it started. A routine mission... answering a distress call. We were testing out the Normandy when the call came in. An Alliance patrol on Eden Prime had been attacked.. They'd seen something they couldn't explain. And whatever it was... it was massive.

I hit the ground with my Lieutenant, Kaidan Alenko – a good kid. Loyal. By the book. With a talent for Biotics. We came across the lone survivor of the patrol, Woz. A soldier to the core. Tough. Disciplined. Ready to take on whatever came her way. Woz joined up with us and took us to the spot where she lost her squad. That's when we saw it.... the ship. Like nothing I'd ever seen. It was massive – scorching the colony and everything around it as it blasted away.

I attempted to explain to the Council at the Citadel that what I'd seen was a potential threat. As was the individual behind the attack...

The main suspect for the Eden Prime massacre was a Turian spectre named Bucsfan. He'd been seen by one of the survivors of Eden Prime, and there was evidence to suggest that the ship I saw was connected to him.

At first, the Council did not want to believe that one of their most trusted spectres could be guilty of something like that. However, I soon sought out the evidence I needed, and I discovered that the truth went much further than that. Bucsfan was trying to find a way to bring back a race of sentient machines from dark space. Machines allegedly responsible for cleansing the galaxy of all organic life.

These “Reapers” were blamed for wiping out all life 50,000 years ago, then disappearing back through the Mass Relays to dark space, leaving no trace they'd ever been.

We couldn't convince the Council that the Reapers were a threat, but they agreed Bucsfan needed to be stopped. They stripped him of his spectre status and gave me the honor of being the first human spectre. My first task: Bring down Bucsfan.

We first tracked down Bucsfan's top Lieutenant, Ragnarok. Bucsfan had taken her to Noveria where he had enslaved an ancient insect race. He had ordered Ragnarok to use her biotic powers to extract information from the insect Queen. I ultimately tried to reason with Ragnarok, but Bucsfan had indoctrinated her. He had somehow acquired the ability to control people's actions and wills. Ragnarok wouldn't surrender, and I was forced to put her down.

@Ragnarok has been killed! He was Matriarch Benezia [Barrier, Stasis] (aligned with the Reapers)

With Bucsfan's top lieutenant dead, he was quickly running out of time and places to hide. We tracked him down to his base of operations on Virmire. When we finally got to the center of the base, I realized how close Bucsfan was to completing his plan. He was already in communication with the Reapers. Sovereign – Bucsfan's flagship we'd all assumed was just a ship – was a Reaper. It spoke to me. Threatened me. I could feel the menace it had for every living thing. It wanted me dead. It wanted us all dead.

We had to act fast, and we split into two teams. I sent Woz with one and Kaidan with the other. We had a nuke, and we planned on blowing the base and getting the hell out.

Before we could detonate the bomb, Bucsfan showed up. We fought. I stalled him to make time for my team. And in doing so, I realized the truth. It wasn't Bucsfan indoctrinating everyone: it was the Reapers.

Before I could convince him to stop, he ran. I had just seconds to extract my squadmates. I tried... but I failed. There was only time to save one of them... Woz was a good woman and good soldier, but I had to choose, and I chose Kaidan.

@Woz has been killed! He was Ashley Williams [Inferno Grenade, Concussive Shot] (aligned with Shepard's Crew)

That was the last time Bucsfan would slip away from me. I knew the next time we met, one of us would die. With my team mostly intact, we tracked Bucsfan to the Citadel. He was leading his army there in order to reactivate the Mass Relays that would allow the Reapers to arrive from dark space.

As the Alliance and the Citadel battled Bucsfan's army outside, I cornered the Turian bastard in the Citadel tower and confronted him. He was done running, and I was done chasing. He died believing his beloved Reapers would save him.

@bucsfan333 has been killed! He was Saren [Carnage, Sabotage] (aligned with the Reapers)

While humanity's efforts in the war gave us a seat on the Council, it was a hollow victory. The Reapers were still out there. I knew the fight was far from over.

The Citadel could be repaired, Even the pain of lost friends would fade. But none of that matters as long as the Reapers are still out there. We have to find a way to stop them... I had to find a way. I gathered my crew, took my ship, and set out in search of answers. Officially, the Council would say I was on cleanup duty, routing out the remainders of Bucsfan's army.

Just another routine mission...

Start of Day 1

Our first priority was to investigate a human colony that had recently disappeared. Apparently this was a trend... entire human colonies disappearing without a trace. There was sufficient evidence to suggest the Reapers were involved in some way, and I headed there immediately.

What we found there was unbelievable. There was no disturbance... no sign of struggle – it was just like everyone had gotten up and left – except there was no one there. We scoured the colony for clues, but whoever did this seemed to be thorough.

As we were moving through, we were attacked by a hoard of mechs. We were caught off guard, and unfortunately one of my crew, Matts, was careless and paid the ultimate price...

@Matts4313 has been killed! He was Garrus Vakarian [Overload, Proximity Mine] (aligned with Shepard's Crew)

Fortunately, Matts' sacrifice was not in vain, as we were able to find Malfatron, a small Quarian who had been spared from the worst of the attack. He pointed us in the direction of the Collectors...

The Collectors were a little known race from the fringes of the galaxy. Usually known for “collecting” some scrap or other and selling it to rogue gangs, it made little sense that they were all of sudden deciding to capture entire human colonies. And how?

It was clear to me that the Collectors were likely involved with the Reapers and their technology, and I set out for a derelict Collector ship found by Cerberus intelligence. We explored deep into its core and I was able to find good information that I hoped would bring us one step closer to finding the connection between the two.

However, it turned out to be a trap. While inside, the Collector ship began powering up, and they sent several troopers our way. We fought valiantly and were able to make it back to the Normandy, but we had suffered one important casualty. Bcb may have been seen as a ruthless psychopath by most of the galaxy, but to me she was a trusted companion and one I trusted to use her insane biotic powers to get us out of any spot. Unfortunately, she died using those very powers to help us get away.

@bcb1213 has been killed! He was Jack [Shockwave, Pull] (aligned with Shepard's Crew)

I briefly mourned her death, but I knew I couldn't let it be a waste. The information she died to get us needed to be put to use. I forwarded it to Cerberus, and waited for an answer...

Start of Day 2

The information gleamed from the derelict Collector ship turned out to be more valuable than I could have imagined. First, it did confirm that they were working directly with the Reapers – a very scary thought indeed, but it also showed that some of the Reapers had already come through dark space. They were just sitting dormant... waiting to attack. And one of those Reapers, wolfeyestrk, just happened to be nearby.

I alerted the Alliance and Citadel forces and we stuck Wolf with all our might. The battle was relentless, and our fleet suffered many casualties under Wolf's immense power. Fortunately, after an extremely long day of battle, Wolf was defeated.

@wolfeyestrk has been killed! He was Harbinger [Dark Sphere, Energy Drain] (aligned with the Reapers]

After the battle, I took stock of my crew and resources. Although many brave Alliance and Citadel soldiers lost their lives, I was fortunate that the Normandy and her crew were able to report no losses...

After our victory against the Reapers, my crew and I headed towards the Citadel for some much needed rest and relaxation.. We were greeting with a hero's welcome for bringing down Wolf, although I could tell there was still much speculation about the remainder of the Reapers. It seemed that many felt that with Bucfan and Wolf's defeat, that we were saved, while others understood that it was unlikely that Wolf was acting alone.

While there, one of my best squadmates Mwil, ended up caught in a scuffle. I should have considered – he was a Prothean... and the Collectors looked like Protheans. He was mobbed by many bystanders who had mistaken him for the enemy. I was unable to get there in time, and Mwil's injuries ultimately proved fatal.

@MWil23 has been killed! He was Javik [Dark Channel, Slam] (aligned with Shepard's Crew)

I couldn't stand to be at the Citadel any longer after that senseless tragedy. I gathered the remains of my crew and set out to defeat the remaining Reaper threat. This time, we wouldn't take any breaks until the job was done...

Start of Day 3

It seemed as though our initial victories over the Reapers was beginning to accelerate things for as soon as we took off from the Citadel, I received a call from, theuntouchable, also known as the Illusive Man, the front man in Cerberus and the one responsible for many of my resources. He had known about a derelict Reaper in the far reaches of the galaxy, and he decided now was the time for us to go in and retrieve an important part of this mission: the Reaper IFF. The IFF would allow us to traverse into the galactic core and take the fight straight to the Collector homeworld.

We arrived at the derelict Reaper and infiltrated its core. Inside, we found something so terrifying... a Human Reaper. So that's what they were doing... They were collecting humans and feeding their genetic code into this machine!

We couldn't let this Reaper live, and my crew and I went on the attack. Luckily for us, the Reaper was not even close to fully grown, and we were able to defeat it without too many problems.

@Pickle Rickhas been killed! He was Human Reaper Larvae [Cryoblast, Sabotage] (aligned with the Reapers)

After our victory, we scrambled to pick up the Reaper IFF and escape to the Normandy... It was then that we were intercepted by an army of Collectors...

The Collectors were sending everything they had at us to keep us from escaping. I knew much of my crew was injured from our previous battle with Pickle Rick, and I did everything I could to keep them safe. We moved from cover to cover, and we were successfully able to navigate our way back to the landing zone.

We boarded the Normandy and blasted off. I quickly took a count of my crew, and that's I noticed Raves wasn't aboard. “We're going back!” I shouted.

One of my crew put their hand on my shoulder. “I don't think we should,” they said. “I saw him go down...” There was a moment of silence.

@Raves has been killed! He was Thane Krios [Throw, Warp] (aligned with Shepard's Crew)

Ever since the death of Matts, Raves had been my most trusted lieutenant and second in command. It was beyond painful to see him go. However, we had things still to do. There were still more people loyal to the Reapers out there... and we had to make sure they were all gone...

Start of Day 4

I couldn't believe our luck up to this point... already taking out two Reapers. Surely, this was putting a serious damper on their plans – we couldn't let up now. We knew of another Reaper that had been here with us since the beginning: gopher.

Gopher had been the Reaper acting as bucsfan's ship and had already, somehow, escaped unharmed from the battle of the Citadel. We had lost track of it and pushed its presence to the back of our minds, but our two recent victories over Wolf and Pickle gave us the confidence we needed to chase him down.

Theuntouchable once again proved a valuable ally as he was able to track down faint signals of gopher, and we were able to find him with little trouble. As expected, the battle was absolutely relentless, but we once again emerged victorious.

@gopherwrestler has been killed! He was Sovereign [Repair Matrix, Biotic Focus] (aligned with the Reapers)

We knew we were closing in our goal of eliminating the Reaper threat, but we knew there was still just a little more work to be done...

Despite my previous resolution to not break until the Reapers were destroyed, I realized that my crew was starting to grow weary after multiple big battles. I decided to return the Normandy to the Citadel for some much needed rest. Fortunately, this time around there were no issues, and the crew and I were able to have a nice night off...

Start of Day 5

After our brief break at the Citadel, we were ready for the final stages of our mission. We had the Reapers on the ropes, and we had everything we needed to push through the Omega-4 Mass Relay and push our advantage to the Collector homeworld.

We charted our course and said a brief prayer as we launched through the ominously red colored relay. We exited near the galactic core and were immediately in danger of colliding with the large amount of debris from doomed ships from seemingly all different ages and races.

Squire12 expertly maneuvered around the debris, but the material soon became too dense, and he clipped a wing. We prepared for a crash landing.

We crashed, but the Normandy was surprisingly still much intact. I quickly moved through the ship, checking on each one of my crew. That's when the worst of my fears came to reality: Forge, another close crewmate and friend, was unable to survive the crash. He had become kind of a bodyguard for my crew, and his death was very painful.

@Forge has been killed! He was Urdnot Wrex [Barrier, Stimulant Pack] (aligned with Shepard's Crew)

However, there was no time to properly mourn, as we knew we didn't have any time to waste if we wanted to end this war...

We continued into the Collector base and descended into its core. Our plan included one person entering into the vent shafts and open a locked door from the other side. Orca was our man for this one, as he assured me he had the proper experience to handle the task. The rest of us fought against the Collector army and continued to our destination.

Unfortunately, part of our job also included activating cooling plates to keep Orca from overheating. We were in the midst of a battle when he called for us, needing immediate help. I broke off from my crew and made my way there, but I was sad to see that I was too late, and Orca had died from heat exposure.

@The Orca has been killed! He was James Vega [Fortification, Carnage] (aligned with Shepard's Crew]

With Orca's death, it was now time for plan B, and my crew and I made our way into a hallway filled with the Collector's seeker swarms...

Start of Day 6

Fortunately, I still had many biotic allies to help us through the seeker swarms. We put up a barrier and moved slowly through the infested hallway, putting down many husks and collectors as we made our way through. We soon approached an open doorway.

Hurry, whicker!” I could hear a teammate shout. Our barrier was about to give way, and we were running out of time.

On the count of 3, run!” I shouted. We charged through the doorway and shut it behind us.

Unfortunately, it seemed not all my crew was able to make it. Tugboat had gotten caught up in a fight with a Collector while we ran, and he was captured by the Seeker Swarms.

@Tugboat has been killed! He was Kaidan Alenko [Reave, Overload] (aligned with Shepard's Crew)

Tugboat had been a loyal crewmate, with me from the beginning, and all of us felt his death. Unfortunately, we all knew death was the likely result of our trip, and we had to push on...

We had to be closing in on them now. We had pushed through the most heavy defenses, and I had enough of my crew left intact to feel confident. We moved ahead to a giant room filled with pods.

Whicker, look!” someone shouted. I peered inside the pod and saw an unconscious kingseanjohn. KSJ had been the Normandy's doctor since before I had taken it, and she had served me loyally ever since.

All of a sudden, KSJ woke and began screaming and slamming on the glass. We attempted to free her, but she ended up melting right before our eyes.

Kingseanjohn has been killed! He was Dr. Chakwas (aligned with Shepard's Crew)

I couldn't stand for this anymore. I put aside my sadness and began to channel my anger. I gathered my crew for one last motivational speech...

Start of Day 7

Edited by Whicker

I'd like to get an idea of how much interest there is before I put the finishing touches on this game. It's possible this could start as late as Sunday with N1 being Monday.

@Jlash @Pickle Rick @The Orca @ET80 @MWil23 @theuntouchable @Malfatron @Blue @Tk3 @Slappy Mc @squire12 @SwAg @swoosh @bcb1213 @Dome @JoshstraDaymus @rackcs @MD4L @bigbadbuff @HoboRocket @Daboyle @Scoundrel @Venom Sife @wolfeyestrk @gopherwrestler @TheKillerNacho @Raves @kingseanjohn @VikeManDan @Ragnarok @Nazgul @Shady Slim @Daniel @carl_sjunior