Do we forgive and forget?

ET80

Would you like Deshaun Watson back?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Deshaun Watson back?

• Heck no! Your H-Town card is revoked, Watson. Gimmie those picks!
    • Nope, but... well, I could go with it. But, those picks would have been nice...
    • Neutral - I could go either way. Picks or a top 5 QB, I'll ride with it.
    • Yeah - he'd have to concede to some of his issues, both with the Texans and his legal situation, but he's a top 5 QB.
    • Trade MILLS and leggo! Watson to Nico, baby!

So, a lot of chatter recently. I'll sum it up as such:

- Brian Flores fired unexpectedly from Miami, despite two seasons' worth of winning football from a team that lacks top end talent.

- Flores and Nick Caserio have a long history.

- Flores and Jack Easterby have a long history.

- Deshaun Watson wanted to play for Flores, hence his NTC was leveraged to entertain offers to Miami ONLY (speculation, sure - but where's there smoke, there's fire).

- David Culley is signed to a multi year deal, but is on shaky ground following a 4-13 season.

--------------------

So, let's play out a scenario; David Culley is fired and Brian Flores is immediately hired to be the next HC of the Texans (highly unlikely, but not completely out of the realm of possibility). Watson immediately tweets out he's back to Houston and wants to be the starting QB again (highly unlikely, but this is a scenario, just playing with the current landscape as of yesterday).

As a Texans fan - would you want Deshaun Watson back? 

Poll is above. Thanks!

Oh man, I'm torn on this one. On one hand, this is a QB-dominated league. In 2019, he showed what a tier 1 QB can do to elevate a team regardless of the sheer number of flaws. We know what he's capable of and what he can do. On the other hand, if he wanted out once, who's to say Flores doesn't work out and he wants out again? What happens if he gets to the end of his contract and he decides he's done in Houston? I'm reluctant to believe that he wouldn't pull something like this again later. I think I'd rather take the picks and just move on. I question if Mills can ever be a top 10 QB in the league, but at this point, I just want to be done with this mess. 

• Like 2

I like Mills and hate Watson. That said, if Watson made some serious reparations and fixed his legal situation, who am I to say that I wouldn't forgive him down the road. But Watson is a clown for this entire situation, and my thoughts on that wont ever change.

27 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Since we are playing the what if game

what if we hire Flores and then trade Watson to Miami for picks and Tua?

Tua had almost identical numbers to mills and is the same age. Both have injury history but Tua is more athletic. 

Flores was fired because he didn't want Tua (or want to play him) (or so we hear)... he wanted Herbert and Watson

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Depends on what happens with his legal stuff. If he really did the stuff he’s accused of, I don’t want him. If he didn’t, I’d forgive and forget. We probably won’t ever know though 

Not to go off on a tangent regarding his legal stuff - but I have a hard time believing nothing happened if only 8-9 women came together.

We're talking close to 3 times that number... so I'm pretty sure this isn't a money grab.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Since we are playing the what if game

what if we hire Flores and then trade Watson to Miami for picks and Tua?

Tua had almost identical numbers to mills and is the same age. Both have injury history but Tua is more athletic. 

I actually endorsed this as a possibility prior to Flores getting fired - Tua and Mills competing for the starting job, with an arsenal of picks available to them.

However, I doubt Flores would want that. If it happened, I'd be good with it.

I'm usually in the minority on these subjects because I hate when work places try to act like pseudo courts. And I don't think any job is different such that they don't deserve job A but do job B unless the alleged acts have a direct relationship to the competency of that job. So I have no problem with him being back provided he wants to be back. The picks are obviously better than him leaving for nothing so he has to have a change of heart. But if he wants to be here I have zero problem with it.

• Like 1

Hard pass.

I think it sends the wrong message to allow him back onto the field in a Texans uniform. He's just not the correct type of leader for this team right now. 

I used to love Watson, as I'm sure we all did. I even named my cat Watson.

271487868_457772122740578_49364539144553

^Watson

I just think Mills, from a leadership standpoint, specifically from a personality standpoint, is honestly a better fit. He's humble. The fact that he started out so bad and gradually improved makes him a great leader for us during this rebuild. I really think he can be an elite QB, and I'd much rather surround him with talent from the Watson trade than to put him back on the shelf and to try and win with Watson and fewer other resources. 

I think it's time to move on

• Like 3

On 1/11/2022 at 5:53 PM, ET80 said:

Not to go off on a tangent regarding his legal stuff - but I have a hard time believing nothing happened if only 8-9 women came together.

We're talking close to 3 times that number... so I'm pretty sure this isn't a money grab.

see im kinda of the opposite number, seems like he would have been caught to something would have come up before it got into the 20s. the number of women makes me think it might not be true. 

8 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

see im kinda of the opposite number, seems like he would have been caught to something would have come up before it got into the 20s. the number of women makes me think it might not be true. 

I think it is not quite 22, but enough to be credible... that being said, I work(ed) with athletes & entertainers since 1998... sadly DW4 doesn't begin to approach the freaky deeky stuff I have heard & seen.

the non-consensual part is what bothers me the most... but I honestly feel 3 or 4 of the accusers / victims didn't know what they were signing up for and that's one too many IMHO

• Like 1