2022 Wildcard Play-off's Steelers vs. Chiefs

Steeler Hitman

Lol I love how fans will run with that, anything not to discredit Ben, who was great, hasn't been in years and ran out every OC out of town... Meanwhile the offense has looked the same for years, with different OCs and supposedly new schemes 

Only consistent has been Ben... 

Thanks for the memories but I'm Looking forward to new beginnings

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cbrunn said:

Lol I love how fans will run with that, anything not to discredit Ben, who was great, hasn't been in years and ran out every OC out of town... Meanwhile the offense has looked the same for years, with different OCs and supposedly new schemes 

Only consistent has been Ben... 

Thanks for the memories but I'm Looking forward to new beginnings

They’ll also run with that while not saying what Brett Kesiel and Geoff Schwartz said: easier scoring when the Chiefs are up 4 scores in the 4th so they play the blandest defense ever. 

5 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

Gerry Dulac
@gerrydulac
· 39m
After Ben Roethlisberger led a 75-yard touchdown drive, Cris Collinsworth wondered on TV, “Where’s that been all night?” I’ll tell you where: He finally said heck on those plays he’s getting in his helmet and decided to do things his way. Trust me.

Should have done it all season. What were they going to do, bench him? He never threw Canada under the bus this year. Passed on a final opportunity in his presser tonight when asked if he thought the offense got any better as the year went on. Round peg, square hole sums up the Steelers 2021 offense. 

Excuses up until the very end.    

How adorable.

Never a peep from you when Ben throws wildly inaccurate passes or lame ducks because of his deteriorated arm strength, or his numerous terrible passing decisions almost every game.    Its everyone elses fault except for Captain DBag.

But Ben drives the Steelers downfield in garbage time down 4 scores....."ZOMG, THATS TEH REEL BENN ROFLZBURGERZ!!!!  KINNG OF TEH FOORTH YALLLL!!!!  AND LOOK, SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING POSITIVE ABOUT BEN, SO IN MY LITTLE WORLD, THAT PROVES MY DELUSIONAL BS RIGHT!!!!"

Didnt you say you were done with the NFL after fatso retires?     Dont disaapoint us! 

Although Im sure youll come back to gloat next year if/when the Steelers have QB problems, as if it somehow vindicates Ben.

SPOILER ALERT...it wont.   

Ill cherish all the memories Ben gave us over the years....but much like the skills that made him "Big Ben", thats all they are....memories.

• Like 3

Being very pessimistic about last night:

This team is so so so far away from being able to do much more than what we did.  DJ is not a #1 WR, maybe not even a #2. Likely a #4 WR.  We should trade Chase Claypool this offseason for a 3rd or 4th round pick.  We need a bunch of new offensive lineman.  Everyone not named Minkah Fitzpatrick in the secondary should be gone.  Everyone in the front 7 not named Watt, Highsmith, or Heyward should be replaced; and even at that Highsmith should be rotational, not starting.

In all honestly I think coaching this team into position to be in the playoffs shows Tomlin is a good coach at minimum despite opinions of many on this board.  And on top of that I would give Canada one more year and see what it looks if we get a more mobile QB back there.  And to anyone blaming Tomlin for coaching hires, some of this comes down to Art Rooney II for continuing the pattern of paying assistant coaches some of the least in the NFL.  Other than Tomlin, we have the lowest paid coaching staff in the NFL.  And some wonder why we have such a crappy coaching tree or why we struggle with having good positional coaches.  It's because we don't pay enough that good potential coaches want to come here and be things like video coordinators, quality control coaches, video replay assistants, and the like.  Wanna see that get better?  Pray ownership gets a minority owner with enough money that they tell the Rooney's that they will open their own wallet to do it.

• Like 1

I like to see our WR core with better QB play/offense O-line play. they got issues and the unit could use more speed, but I can't see most WR cores having success with the way this offense was built at its core the last 2-3 yrs.

Edited by August4th

6 minutes ago, AFF said:

DJ a #4 WR?

Holy overreaction...he’s just not a #1WR, he’s a pretty solid #2.

I actually disagree. DJs inability to catch the ball is a major problem. I wouldn't be upset if we moved on from Diontae altogether this offseason.

Juju is not an ideal #1, but Claypool has also proven he isn't a #1. James Washington was the best WR on the field last night and he rarely gets used.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I actually disagree. DJs inability to catch the ball is a major problem. I wouldn't be upset if we moved on from Diontae altogether this offseason.

Juju is not an ideal #1, but Claypool has also proven he isn't a #1. James Washington was the best WR on the field last night and he rarely gets used.

It's not the catching issues, although that is a big part of it.  DJ gives up on plays WAY to much.  Watch the all-22 when you can focus on him he just stops on routes at times.  He just makes basic effort mistakes that he shouldn't be making.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, warfelg said:

It's not the catching issues, although that is a big part of it.  DJ gives up on plays WAY to much.  Watch the all-22 when you can focus on him he just stops on routes at times.  He just makes basic effort mistakes that he shouldn't be making.

I agree with that. This team lacks so much discipline for a coach that used to preach discipline.

I'm not on the fire Tomlin train but at the same time, the whole notion that gameplans are irrelevant is mind boggling. 

Do you guys think Haden will be back? I think he's actually someone the Niners may want to target if he becomes available. We like veteran CBs that may be a bit past their best. And follow up question, how good do you think Haden is at this point? Better suited to be the third outside corner or still starter caliber? 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Do you guys think Haden will be back? I think he's actually someone the Niners may want to target if he becomes available. We like veteran CBs that may be a bit past their best. And follow up question, how good do you think Haden is at this point? Better suited to be the third outside corner or still starter caliber? 

I think they'll "try" to bring him back with a small deal.  Honestly, if you got him, he's an outside corner only.  And on top of that you'll need to make sure he has help.  He's better off if you can have a corner that can shut someone down and you give Haden the help.

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I think they'll "try" to bring him back with a small deal.  Honestly, if you got him, he's an outside corner only.  And on top of that you'll need to make sure he has help.  He's better off if you can have a corner that can shut someone down and you give Haden the help.

I wouldn't say we have any of those types of corners on the roster but they play sound ball. If Haden can do that, then he can be effective. 

Is Sutton going to start on the outside going forward or do you think you guys bring in competition for those outside spots? 

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

James Washington only gives effort in garbage time though. When he got burn with the first team he botched everything that came his way.

That said, I have a strong suspicion that Diontae giving up on routes was more typical Ben "I think I have this connection with this guy but I don't."

7 hours ago, AFF said:

DJ a #4 WR?

Holy overreaction...he’s just not a #1WR, he’s a pretty solid #2.

4 might be an overreaction, but the final 6 or 7 games of the year, he didnt look anything close to a dependable starter.

In the end, we need at least one new starter at WR.   Maybe 2.....but that wont happen in one offseason.   Maybe not even 2.  

Id probably still give DJ a small extension.   Maybe a 3 year/$25m deal that makes him easy to cut after 2023.