Lions to coach Senior Bowl

Louis Friend

On 1/15/2022 at 11:02 AM, Louis Friend said:

I feel like the Jets got the best QBs and WRs so far. 

I think Pickett is the best, so yeah, but I think the 3 we got are more likely to be drafted by us.  Willis still intrigues me some in the 2nd.  As does Howell.  Zappe is the guy I think will be solid if around in the late 3rd at least to be a back up with some upside.  I think Ridder is solid but doesnt have the upside of the others.  Strong is solid but I dont think I would risk it on him unless he falls to the late third and that is not likely IMO. 

6 hours ago, Typical_Lions said:

Wasn't sure if there was a link for the full Lions coached roster but here it is:https://www.seniorbowl.com/players/american-team/
Besides the aforementioned quarterbacks, I am interested in seeing Jermaine Johnson II, Damone Clark, Quay Walker, Roger McCreary, and Jamaree Salyer.

A lot of guys I wish we had on our side to get better looks at like Coby Bryant, Jake Ferguson, Jeramy Ruckert, Jahan Dotson, Chad Muma but still some solid names on our side.  Most excited to see how we like the QBs, Deangelo Malone, Jalen Tolbert, and Damone Clark. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like Willis could easily win a team over. He has all of the tools to be special, and honestly we're probably an amazing fit for him. He can sit for a year, we have a good offensive line and we're committed to running the ball...wouldn't shock me to see him end up a Lion. 

I don't think they take him at #2, though...but if he really wins them over they probably also can't cross their fingers and hope he falls to 31/32. That puts them in a bit of a pickle. 

1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

I feel like Willis could easily win a team over. He has all of the tools to be special, and honestly we're probably an amazing fit for him. He can sit for a year, we have a good offensive line and we're committed to running the ball...wouldn't shock me to see him end up a Lion. 

I don't think they take him at #2, though...but if he really wins them over they probably also can't cross their fingers and hope he falls to 31/32. That puts them in a bit of a pickle. 

If he's the QB1, how far do you go down without being concerned about not being able to get him?

Somewhat related note, Randle-El apparently wants the team to draft 2 WR's and bring 1 WR in through FA. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

If he's the QB1, how far do you go down without being concerned about not being able to get him?

Somewhat related note, Randle-El apparently wants the team to draft 2 WR's and bring 1 WR in through FA. 

For me, I don't want him before the 3rd. I think he is a massive project with a high bust/reward potential.

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

Yikes. I could see two if one is 5th or later. I would prefer 1 highly ranked WR and one highly rated free agent. 

1 minute ago, diehardlionfan said:

Yikes. I could see two if one is 5th or later. I would prefer 1 highly ranked WR and one highly rated free agent. 

Something like a Drake London/Calvin Austin combo wouldn't be the worst, but I do think we'd be better suited with a veteran WR1, bringing back Reynolds, adding in someone in rounds 1-2 and possibly adding a guy in the 5th or 6th. 

Reynolds is that security blanket for Goff, ARSB should develop (although a lot of WRs regress in year 2) and that vet would help to elevate the group. Reynolds on a short-term deal means that you can add another piece without forcing him into the lineup. Then figure out what you're going to do with a Cephus or the other guys on the roster. Goff needs weapons to be properly evaluated as a QBOTF and determine our timeline in finding his eventual replacement - is it in 2022 or can we give him some time?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Something like a Drake London/Calvin Austin combo wouldn't be the worst, but I do think we'd be better suited with a veteran WR1, bringing back Reynolds, adding in someone in rounds 1-2 and possibly adding a guy in the 5th or 6th. 

Reynolds is that security blanket for Goff, ARSB should develop (although a lot of WRs regress in year 2) and that vet would help to elevate the group. Reynolds on a short-term deal means that you can add another piece without forcing him into the lineup. Then figure out what you're going to do with a Cephus or the other guys on the roster. Goff needs weapons to be properly evaluated as a QBOTF and determine our timeline in finding his eventual replacement - is it in 2022 or can we give him some time?

Once Campbell figured out play calling Goff played pretty well. It seems obvious he needs to find a rhythm and the play calling has to keep that in mind. If he has a reasonable year I could see them keeping him.

So many needs! I would love them to land Drake London but I think he will be long gone unless the Lions move up with their second first rounder but I don’t see them doing that. But who knows. Only Holmes and staff know what they’re thinking.

I think free agency will give us some more insight.

Edited by diehardlionfan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Typical_Lions said:

I agree after watching some highlights of his. His footwork just looked off and I didn't see many "nfl throws" in there. Solid college qb though.

I could be wrong but I recall Mahomes taking heat for poor footwork, inconsistent arm angles etc. When KC selected him it raised some eyebrows. I’m not suggesting he’s like Mahomes simply footwork etc. seems to be judged differently than it was in the past.