Lions to coach Senior Bowl

Louis Friend

5 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

I could be wrong but I recall Mahomes taking heat for poor footwork, inconsistent arm angles etc. When KC selected him it raised some eyebrows. I’m not suggesting he’s like Mahomes simply footwork etc. seems to be judged differently than it was in the past.

I think that is a fair point, but Mahomes also has elite arm strength and you can see those tough nfl throws from his college days. I am not terribly concerned about footwork and definitely not concerned about arm angles (unless passes are getting blocked at the line) but overall Willis seems like too much of a project to invest a late first or second pick in when there are so many holes to fill on this team.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Typical_Lions said:

I think that is a fair point, but Mahomes also has elite arm strength and you can see those tough nfl throws from his college days. I am not terribly concerned about footwork and definitely not concerned about arm angles (unless passes are getting blocked at the line) but overall Willis seems like too much of a project to invest a late first or second pick in when there are so many holes to fill on this team.

I’m not in favour of drafting a QB this year but I can see why Willis intrigues some.

7 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

If he's the QB1, how far do you go down without being concerned about not being able to get him?

Somewhat related note, Randle-El apparently wants the team to draft 2 WR's and bring 1 WR in through FA. 

If he’s the QB1 I think he goes Top 10. You have to get ahead of a team like Washington or Denver, maybe even Carolina. 

If he’s not the consensus QB1 maybe he lasts into the late teens? Teams like New Orleans and Pittsburgh are going to be looking for an answer too. 

Edited by Lions017

8 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

If he's the QB1, how far do you go down without being concerned about not being able to get him?

Somewhat related note, Randle-El apparently wants the team to draft 2 WR's and bring 1 WR in through FA. 

Give me Drake London and Metchie to pair with ARSB and I'm good. Re-sign Reynolds. Hope Cepheus comes back strong. That's a damn fine combo right there. 

On 1/18/2022 at 8:56 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

I think Pickett is the best, so yeah, but I think the 3 we got are more likely to be drafted by us.  Willis still intrigues me some in the 2nd.  As does Howell.  Zappe is the guy I think will be solid if around in the late 3rd at least to be a back up with some upside.  I think Ridder is solid but doesnt have the upside of the others.  Strong is solid but I dont think I would risk it on him unless he falls to the late third and that is not likely IMO. 

I think Pickett is QB1 but I could see Willis jumping ahead of Matt Corral.

I'm also a biased Pitt fan haha