Hyde - Truth and Myth (134 MB)

skibrett15

13 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

But he trusts Brice back there?  What?  It's logical in hindsight, I'm not saying it's logical in the moment.  Still, it's clear Buffalo saw something we didn't.

Hyde was miscast and misused based on what we've seen so far.  

Are you trying to make the case that S in the capers scheme wouldn't be a fit for Hyde but it's fine in McDermott's scheme in Buffalo?  What is it about the scheme in Buffalo that makes it work for Hyde?  He's playing a lot of the coverages that we also play.

IDK.  I'm saying there's a reason why the Packers went with Kentrell Brice as their starting safety next to HHCD, but never really put Hyde back there.  Was it because they didn't like Hyde back there, or was it a matter that they needed Hyde in that utility role.

1 hour ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I guess I don't understand why nobody cared at the time and now it all makes so much sense to so many.

Neither do I. You and others claimed that Hyde wasn't worth $6 million/year. I claimed that he would have been based on his versatility, durability, and play making ability. Somehow that turned into an anti-TT agenda and insinuations of hypocrisy.

5 minutes ago, LargeFarva said:

Neither do I. You and others claimed that Hyde wasn't worth $6 million/year. I claimed that he would have been based on his versatility, durability, and play making ability. Somehow that turned into an anti-TT agenda and insinuations of hypocrisy.

I was never talking about anyone specifically....

14 minutes ago, LargeFarva said:

Based on what we knew about Hyde, was he worth $6M/year?  I honestly can't find an argument for it.  Even in his role in Green Bay, I wouldn't even say he was good at it.  I'd argue he was serviceable, but not good.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Based on what we knew about Hyde, was he worth $6M/year?  I honestly can't find an argument for it.  Even in his role in Green Bay, I wouldn't even say he was good at it.  I'd argue he was serviceable, but not good.

Totally.  He was downright awful in the WAS playoff game(s).

12 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Also he was just a S in our scheme before he played a different role last year due to attrition and he never looked very good at it, which I guess is a feather in the cap for the argument that our scheme may make players in the secondary look worse.  Either way it probably wouldn't have been worth paying him 6m to play S here.

18 hours ago, CWood21 said:

This is more or less how I felt about Hyde.  He had his moments (both good and bad) in GB, but it's not like he was a player the team was building around.  It's great for him that he is having success in BUF, but I didn't (and still don't) have an issue with GB letting him go when the contract numbers came out.  GB looked to be in good shape at the position, so there was no real need to keep Hyde on board at those numbers.

Archived