2023 Opponents Released

RaidersAreOne

18 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Holy hell that's a gauntlet. Are there only 3 teams with losing records on that schedule?! 

4 teams, 5 games - Broncos x2, Texans, Jaguars and Seahawks

We’re getting the NFC East at a time where it’s a very strong division, although that kinda balances out with the AFC South being one of the weaker divisions.

Patriots and Saints as our fellow 2nd placed teams is fairly tough but that’s not a surprise - 9 or 10 win teams is what you’ll always get when you finish 2nd. And then we have the Steelers as our 17th game I believe. They’re always above average at a minimum, but who knows what their QB situation will be next year?

It‘s not exactly a friendly schedule but with so much of the league sitting at around the .500 mark I don’t think it’s as tough as it initially looks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

We’re getting the NFC East at a time where it’s a very strong division, although that kinda balances out with the AFC South being one of the weaker divisions.

Patriots and Saints as our fellow 2nd placed teams is fairly tough but that’s not a surprise - 9 or 10 win teams is what you’ll always get when you finish 2nd. And then we have the Steelers as our 17th game I believe. They’re always above average at a minimum, but who knows what their QB situation will be next year?

It‘s not exactly a friendly schedule but with so much of the league sitting at around the .500 mark I don’t think it’s as tough as it initially looks.

I guess that's true. Pittsburg won't have Big Ben next year, Seattle probably won't have Wilson. Denver may take a step backward, maybe, maybe not. To be honest I'm not sure how San Diego will be, the players are going to be demoralized after this year and I'm not certain they'll have faith in their coach next year. But could just be fantasizing. San Fran may be all in on Trey Lance next year and he's an unknown up to this point. Still, all those teams are good. 

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

The Broncos are a sleeper, we won't really be able to project what they'll be until they hire a coach and acquire a QB. The Texans could be decent next season if they're able to get a massive haul for Deshaun Watson. The Seahawks had their first losing season in a decade while Wilson was hurt for most of the year but all signs are pointing towards Pete/Russ returning to Seattle. 

15 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I guess that's true. Pittsburg won't have Big Ben next year, Seattle probably won't have Wilson. Denver may take a step backward, maybe, maybe not. To be honest I'm not sure how San Diego will be, the players are going to be demoralized after this year and I'm not certain they'll have faith in their coach next year. But could just be fantasizing. San Fran may be all in on Trey Lance next year and he's an unknown up to this point. Still, all those teams are good. 

The Steelers, Seahawks, and Broncos are all impossible to project at this point. The Chargers will likely take a leap as Herbert gains another year of experience if their defense improves. The 49ers will be good, Lance is going to be a good player.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The Steelers, Seahawks, and Broncos are all impossible to project at this point. The Chargers will likely take a leap as Herbert gains another year of experience if their defense improves. The 49ers will be good, Lance is going to be a good player.

I think Lance will be good also. But first year good? I don't think so. Anytime a QB starts his first year there is a learning curve. He'll be very beatable. Just depends on injuries to their RB's and how good their defense is. 

13 hours ago, NickButera said:

I think Lance will be good also. But first year good? I don't think so. Anytime a QB starts his first year there is a learning curve. He'll be very beatable. Just depends on injuries to their RB's and how good their defense is. 

His accuracy was spotty but he looked much better in his second start then he did earlier in the season, although it was against the Texans. Jimmy G isn't that great and they're a playoff team with him this season. Even if Lance isn't the most efficient passer, his ability to push the ball down the field and run will open up their offense. And considering that he only played 1 game of D2 football last season he looked pretty damn good. Their run game will be elite again and they have some of the best weapons in football. We can beat them but it's definitely going to be a tough game.

The only two games that look like gimmies are the Jaguars and Texans. 

12/17 games are against teams that had winning records this season and the Broncos/Seahawks won 7 games. So 15/17 of our opponents are teams that will likely be aiming to make the playoffs.

The Raiders schedule includes a game against the Cardinals.

It will be the first game between them since the Raiders joined the Cardinals in the desert. This could be a fun interconference rivalry, the Duel in the Desert.

This is also the first season with the Raiders playing the 49ers, Rams and Saints in the same season since 1994, when the Saints were with the 49ers and Rams in the NFC West and the Raiders were playing their last season in LA.

Edited by pf9
  • Like 1

Come 2025 will be the first trip of the Cowboys to Las Vegas.

Since the Raiders now play in a dome, there is no need to wear white at home, which the Raiders have done once in their history, but it wasn't against the Cowboys.

When the Cowboys do come to Vegas, the Raiders should wear white to invoke the blue jersey jinx.