Giants fire Joe Judge

KingOfNewYork

5 minutes ago, iknowcool said:
33 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Culley can keep him company 

Eh.  Culley was stuck with Tyrod and Mills and a poorly constructed roster that had little wiggle room in cap space or in available draft picks.  Culley coached with the hand he was dealt.

...and further complicated things by making the incorrect decisions in-game and isolating any sort of actual talent the Texans actually had (Zach Cunningham, Justin Reid, Charles Ominehu amongst others).

Culley didn't have a good hand, but didn't exactly play the hand well, either.

I'm glad. I've always liked the Giants and even moreso based on how they treated my mom when they trained at Albany. Someone in that organization saw my mom walking the long distance to the practice field for a scrimmage and without being asked got a golf cart and whisked her to a front row spot, still in the golf cart. My mom beamed. I have the photos but more importantly the mental images.

Flores would be a good fit, to restore toughness. It's interesting to me that Judge wasn't fired until a day later. Maybe the Giants didn't expect Flores to be available.

Regardless, I don't know how they stick with Daniel Jones. He is the most consistently non threatening quarterback in modern history. Every season college or pro settles into the same pathetic statistical area, with YPA in mid 6s. This season Jones had it to 7.5 YPA early season. I mentioned that here. But he predictably regressed to his safety zone...6.7. I emphasized prior to that draft that it was preposterous that a quarterback was being considered for first round when he never managed even a lowly 7.0 YPA in college.

These are Jones' YPA numbers from Duke and the Giants:

2016: 6.6

2017: 5.9

2018: 6.8

2019: 6.6

2020: 6.6

2021: 6.7

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Awsi Dooger said:

I'm glad. I've always liked the Giants and even moreso based on how they treated my mom when they trained at Albany. Someone in that organization saw my mom walking the long distance to the practice field for a scrimmage and without being asked got a golf cart and whisked her to a front row spot, still in the golf cart. My mom beamed. I have the photos but more importantly the mental images.

Flores would be a good fit, to restore toughness. It's interesting to me that Judge wasn't fired until a day later. Maybe the Giants didn't expect Flores to be available.

Regardless, I don't know how they stick with Daniel Jones. He is the most consistently non threatening quarterback in modern history. Every season college or pro settles into the same pathetic statistical area, with YPA in mid 6s. This season Jones had it to 7.5 YPA early season. I mentioned that here. But he predictably regressed to his safety zone...6.7. I emphasized prior to that draft that it was preposterous that a quarterback was being considered for first round when he never managed even a lowly 7.0 YPA in college.

These are Jones' YPA numbers from Duke and the Giants:

2016: 6.6

2017: 5.9

2018: 6.8

2019: 6.6

2020: 6.6

2021: 6.7

I will never understand how in the blue hell he nearly went in the top 5. He had to be one of if not the single most borinv low upside QB prospects to go in the first in a while.

16 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:
1 hour ago, biggie. said:

I will never understand how in the blue hell he nearly went in the top 5. He had to be one of if not the single most borinv low upside QB prospects to go in the first in a while.

Sounds like Mac Jones

15th is not nearly 5. Its a full third of the league away in terms of selections. I know you only have 10 fingers but at least take your shoes off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Awsi Dooger said:

Very cool story.  It's just another example of how the Mara/Rooney family are a clan of very high quality people.  I don't follow their teams too much, but they definitely have my respect, and this story is another example of why.  They do things right.

Hallelujah! Finally we did the right thing!

I was completely taken in by Judge's first press conference, and it wasn't apparent until early this season that we'd been sold a bill of goods. Judge couldn't manage games, couldn't handle the offensive play clock, and was in completely over his head. When he threw an illegal challenge flag in an effort to "get the referee's attention," that was the beginning of the end.

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I heard he did a quarterback sneak on 3rd and 9 from his 4 yard line.  That's pretty crazy.  Moving on is probably a good idea for the Giants. 

TWO quarterback sneaks in a row, on 2nd & 11 and then on 3rd & 9. Inside his own five-yard line if I recall. Basically screaming "I GIVE UP, PLEASE FIRE ME" and it still took Mara a few days to get the message.

It will take lots of work to make us a respectable team again. But losing both Judge and Gettleman is a good start.

• Like 2