Giants fire Joe Judge

KingOfNewYork

15 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Joe Judge was in over his head by looks of it but make no mistake about it, the way the front office constructed this team no coach would’ve done a notably better job. This roster is so badly constructed that it’s incomprehensible.

They had pieces in place. The failures were Hernandez and Solder. And the inability to add pieces around those guys to push them. They have also not found a consistent edge rusher since 2011-12. Can’t win in this league with that setup.

36 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

True, but let's not act like the level of surrounding talent didn't play some role in that. Mac was playing with future NFL starters. Daniel was playing with future accountants.

Mac definitely played with more talent but he was an elite college player. Jones completed less than 60% of his passes and had a 1.75/1 TD to INT ratio.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kramxel said:

You mean to say the Clapper wasn't the real problem????

And that they went from being bad, to being a joke????

Completely surprising.

I think the only thing to salvage my disappointment over the Joe Judge firing is if they hired the 👏👏👏👏 as the next Giants HC.

Come on Mara, you know you wanted to few years back. Make it happen. 😎

1 hour ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Fun fact: Lance Zierlein's NFL Comp for Mac Jones pre-draft WAS Daniel Jones.

terrible comp. DJ has poor awareness but can absolutely rocket launch it downfield, Mac feels most pressure, calls it out and get's rid of it early for small chunks. 

As a rudimental snap comp. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

terrible comp. DJ has poor awareness but can absolutely rocket launch it downfield, Mac feels most pressure, calls it out and get's rid of it early for small chunks. 

As a rudimental snap comp. 

Yeah it had me scratching my head too. I can hardly find any similarities between them.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 5:50 AM, y*so*blu said:

TWO quarterback sneaks in a row, on 2nd & 11 and then on 3rd & 9. Inside his own five-yard line if I recall. Basically screaming "I GIVE UP, PLEASE FIRE ME" and it still took Mara a few days to get the message.

Wow, I somehow missed that. A QB sneak on 2nd and 11 🤔😬. What the heck were they thinking??? 

On 1/12/2022 at 1:50 PM, y*so*blu said:

Hallelujah! Finally we did the right thing!

I was completely taken in by Judge's first press conference, and it wasn't apparent until early this season that we'd been sold a bill of goods. Judge couldn't manage games, couldn't handle the offensive play clock, and was in completely over his head. When he threw an illegal challenge flag in an effort to "get the referee's attention," that was the beginning of the end.

TWO quarterback sneaks in a row, on 2nd & 11 and then on 3rd & 9. Inside his own five-yard line if I recall. Basically screaming "I GIVE UP, PLEASE FIRE ME" and it still took Mara a few days to get the message.

It will take lots of work to make us a respectable team again. But losing both Judge and Gettleman is a good start.

This is why any intro presser is 100% meaningless. Joe Judge talked a big game, but was ***. Nick Sirianni looked like he was going to faint in his intro, and now he's in the playoffs in his first season. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Mac definitely played with more talent but he was an elite college player. Jones completed less than 60% of his passes and had a 1.75/1 TD to INT ratio.

I mean....Josh Allen had pretty much the same statline in college.

In general, you are right....players like that dont typically find a ton of success in the NFL.      But if the right tools are there, teams will look past stats.

Still, I have no idea what made Jones a first round pick....but there have been numerous QBs like that (Blaine Gabbert, EJ Manuel, JP Losman, Christian Hackenberg (not first rounder, but close enough) ,etc....)