Giants fire Joe Judge

KingOfNewYork

32 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

I’m not sure how if posting this link will work but Joe Judge was seen getting lots of pizza and beers delivered to his home lol I honestly do like this guy 

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/joe-judge-big-pizza-beer-delivery-giants-firing/590310

As a guy, everyone on the team seemed to like him. Where he lost players was in his conservative gameday decisions. It doesn't matter what you say to your players in the locker room or on a practice field- running 2 straight QB sneaks from inside your own 5 speaks louder regarding the trust you have in your team than words possibly can.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, 43M said:

Still, I have no idea what made Jones a first round pick

That one is easy.  Which of these 4 QBs would you prefer?

Adj  AD   Big   TWPR  Deep  Scrn  Pass  Drop  Prs/  Toss        QBR  40
 Cmp  -oT  Toss        Yrds  Yrds  Yd/A  Rate  Sak%  Time  Rank      Time

16th T-91  T-26  T-68  12th   1st  11th  5.7%  15.7  2.35s--7th  8th 4.70
 6th T-28   9th  T2nd   3rd    18   3rd  4.7%  13.9  2.81s-T-94  4th 4.43
 3rd T-46  13th  T-20  20th 111th  13th  6.0%  25.0  3.11s-T135  2nd 4.51
 1st T-97  T-20  T-23   1st   2nd   2nd  4.0%  12.3  2.51s-T-27  1st 4.68

1 hour ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

That one is easy.  Which of these 4 QBs would you prefer?

Adj  AD   Big   TWPR  Deep  Scrn  Pass  Drop  Prs/  Toss        QBR  40
 Cmp  -oT  Toss        Yrds  Yrds  Yd/A  Rate  Sak%  Time  Rank      Time

16th T-91  T-26  T-68  12th   1st  11th  5.7%  15.7  2.35s--7th  8th 4.70
 6th T-28   9th  T2nd   3rd    18   3rd  4.7%  13.9  2.81s-T-94  4th 4.43
 3rd T-46  13th  T-20  20th 111th  13th  6.0%  25.0  3.11s-T135  2nd 4.51
 1st T-97  T-20  T-23   1st   2nd   2nd  4.0%  12.3  2.51s-T-27  1st 4.68

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Wow, I somehow missed that. A QB sneak on 2nd and 11 🤔😬. What the heck were they thinking??? 

Here was the thought process, and unfortunately, none of this is wrong:

My OL sucks; they can't block anybody and Washington's DL group is fantastic. My QB sucks; Fromm just missed a RB in the flat last play because his arm is so weak. Last week, I tried handing it off in a situation like this and took a safety. It is a 3 point game, there is 0 chance of my offense being able to convert this first down, and in fact, there is a higher chance of them giving up 2 points. I'm going to essentially give up these next 2 downs so we can punt normally and hopefully our defense can hold up, which they have so far today.

Sound logic. The only problem, which is a big one, is the message this sends to your team. You basically told a group of competitors that are trusting you to put them in the best situation to win "nah, you guys suck. We're gonna just give up for now". It shows you did not prepare as a coach for how you were going to handle even the slightest bit of adversity in this game. It wasn't like your starter went down mid-game and Fromm had to go in. It wasn't like the entire OL got COVID mid week so you have your entire practice squad out there. Judge knew who he was starting the entire week at practice. He didn't have anything drawn up to make it easy on Fromm or do anything positive on offense. And I'll be honest, I think part of that decision was made out of spite towards Gettleman. A kind of "look at this godforsaken roster you left me with". Reports are that Judge and Gettleman did not get along, starting at the end of last year.

Judge said all the right things, but did not do the right things. Look at how Detroit fought in the final week against GB. They won that game, but even if they didn't, the players would have rallied around Dan Campbell because of the position he put them in and trust he showed in them. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

I’m not sure how if posting this link will work but Joe Judge was seen getting lots of pizza and beers delivered to his home lol I honestly do like this guy 

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/joe-judge-big-pizza-beer-delivery-giants-firing/590310

He's not a bad person. Heard he took care of his people. Was just a terrible head coach in the NFL. In the grandiose landscape of life it's not that big a deal. He'll probably get another assistant job elsewhere again. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I don’t care about liked. Was he actually good at his job though?

Here's a quick excerpt about him:

A member of both the Nick Saban and Bill Belichick coaching trees, Judge arrived in New England in 2012 to serve as special teams assistant under Scott O’Brien. When O’Brien retired after the 2014 season, Judge took over as the Patriots’ kicking game coordinator — a role he held throughout the 2019 season.

During his last year with the team, Judge also added coaching the wide receivers to his responsibilities. While the position group struggled mightily — primarily a result of circumstances rather than coaching — he left the Patriots in 2020 to take over as the Giants’ head coach.

technically never an actual ST coach lol

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Here's a quick excerpt about him:

technically never an actual ST coach lol

That's not true at all. He was promoted, officially, to special teams coordinator in 2015 after Scott O'Brien retired.

https://www.nfl.com/news/new-england-patriots-special-teams-coach-scott-o-brien-retiring-0ap3000000468026

The Patriots announced that Joe Judge has been promoted to replace O'Brien as special teams coach. Judge joined the Super Bowl champions in 2012 as O'Brien's assistant.

It takes about 2 seconds to find that out. It is even correct on his Wikipedia page.

• Like 2