Talent Acquisition and Separation

onejayhawk

1 hour ago, KC_Guy said:

Sorensen is back

April Fools isn't for another 2 1/2 weeks.

Though, for real, this might be good practice for some of y'all, because I 100% expect us to bring him back. No one else will be interested, we'll nab him for vet min to play special teams and help teach a rookie or two the scheme.

4 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Feel like this Frank Clark/Tyreek extension money is holding up progress too.  Bet we’re REALLY wishing we’d locked up Cheetah before the Kirk deal dropped.

It has to be. Probably a Jones extension as well. Pretty sure the last figure I saw from the NFLPA had us at 5mil over the cap. Hard to make any moves when you don't have the cap to do it. I think we'll see new signings in a couple days, not long after re-signings/restructures/releases.

4 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

It has to be. Probably a Jones extension as well. Pretty sure the last figure I saw from the NFLPA had us at 5mil over the cap. Hard to make any moves when you don't have the cap to do it. I think we'll see new signings in a couple days, not long after re-signings/restructures/releases.

That may be true, but considering GB resigned someone, and with Rodgers and Adams currently accounting for roughly 70m dollars…there’s gotta be a way, lol

2 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

April Fools isn't for another 2 1/2 weeks.

Though, for real, this might be good practice for some of y'all, because I 100% expect us to bring him back. No one else will be interested, we'll nab him for vet min to play special teams and help teach a rookie or two the scheme.

What do you mean “you people…” I feel attacked.  I didn’t overreact…much.  It wasn’t even the hill being back because like you said, wouldn’t shock me…it was that it would have happened Day 1, while other divisional teams are dumping money…and we couldn’t even get our own guys who actually helped to improve the team.

23 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I agree. But I also fully expect Veach to overpay for at least one player each offseason.

Who do you feel we overpaid for last year? Besides Sorenson because that’sa cop out, nobody knew he’d regress that badly.