2022 College Prospect Thread

germ-x

On 2/1/2022 at 1:32 PM, broncofan48 said:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2022-senior-bowl-practice-report-national-team/2/

Troy Andersen

TuesdayWednesdayThursday

All Troy Andersen needed to do was prove he belonged among this group. And prove he belonged he did. Andersen was great in coverage, losing no ground in a variety of coverage installments. He was also great in run defense, moving forward and coming downhill, filling run fits very well

That's really a great site. Daily comments and analysis on every player on the roster.

15 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Malik Willis is such a fascinating boom or bust guy. He's either gonna be Josh Allen, or out of the league in a few years. Will be incredibly interesting to see what happens with him. 

I think I would rather take a guy like that than take a mid level guy and be stuck in purgatory

27 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Willis is obviously getting the Josh Allen and Jalen Hurts comparisons, but even with his highlights I’m seeing Pat White 2.0

Someone gave a faster Seneca Wallace comp and I thought that was pretty good. Pat White isn't bad either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

So is this guy related to you, do you work for his agent, or just your typicaL MAN-CRUSH ??

Montana hasn’t had many draftable prospects pretty much ever haha so wherever this guy goes is gonna get a whole state of supporters.  I’m a Montana State alum so a little biased 

• Like 2

Re: Willis he absolutely has the complete bust floor.   It’s been stated that he doesn’t have the Allen ceiling in arm talent.   This week is going to challenge that notion at least in terms of raw arm strength.  

Now there are other key variables you need to factor in like release time and windup (because those can narrow the gap for DB’s to catch up) - along with actual QB skills like footwork / placement / anticipation / accuracy.    And the intangible non throwing skills like reading D / pocket awareness / ability to extend plays (moving with eyes up).   

But it’s hard to deny Willis draft stock won’t rise after this week.   His physical toolset is just so far above his peers this year.   It just comes with even bigger Q marks that tools-first guys in recent years have come with.     

Edited by Broncofan

Willis is the one QB in this draft who really intrigues me. I don’t love this class but if I am going to take a shot on one of these guys, give me the guy with the A+ physical traits. Strong has the arm but he’s pretty much a statue. And I don’t see the high IQ/accuracy/anticipation I would be looking for from the more limited physical traits guys

7 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Willis is the one QB in this draft who really intrigues me. I don’t love this class but if I am going to take a shot on one of these guys, give me the guy with the A+ physical traits. Strong has the arm but he’s pretty much a statue. And I don’t see the high IQ/accuracy/anticipation I would be looking for from the more limited physical traits guys

And the limited physical trait guys are all older.   They should be displaying elite traits in those areas given the experience.   At least in Burrow’s case the years sitting out when he transferred explains the older age.   And he showed elite IQ / anticipation / accuracy that last year.   

I don’t think Willis will even be there at 1.9 TBH.  Teams are going insane ceiling first.     I do hope we get A-Rod / Wilson because the Q after that becomes much stickier.  

Edited by Broncofan

7 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

And the limited physical trait guys are all older.   They should be displaying elite traits in those areas given the experience.   At least in Burrow’s case the years sitting out when he transferred explains the older age.   And he showed elite IQ / anticipation / accuracy that last year.   

I don’t think Willis will even be there at 1.9 TBH.  Teams are going insane ceiling first.     I do hope we get A-Rod / Wilson because the Q after that becomes much stickier.  

Maybe a hot take but think he’s going #2 when it’s all said and done. He’s working with the Lions staff at the Senior Bowl and it looks like they’ve been giving him more high leverage practice opportunities than the other guys. 

7 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Maybe a hot take but think he’s going #2 when it’s all said and done. He’s working with the Lions staff at the Senior Bowl and it looks like they’ve been giving him more high leverage practice opportunities than the other guys. 

While Goff is an awful QB long term as he’s too limited to help a team contend it’s also the exact same situation as SF had with Garappolo.  Let a raw kid learn 1 year in practice.    The vet keeps taking the lumps.  

Detroit was so close to winning many games (I believe they were 12-5 ATS) it’s hard for them to think they may get another top 5 pick next year.   Thibodeaux would be my 1.1 for JAX after that it’s not clear who goes next.   DET 1.2 isn’t that crazy.  Either way I doubt Willis will fall past 5-7 range.    

Edited by Broncofan

Have you guys actually read any of the SB reviews on Willis? Wildly inconsistent, questionable accuracy?He's not ending up in Denver.

Howell and Strong have had pretty good, consistent showings and Zappe has been as advertised. Zappe's a sleeper. The most accurate short to intermediate passer at the SB, decisive, consistent, great grasp of the offense and a real gamer. The long ball isn't his strength but he's not that limited.

Kinda sounds like the reviews Montana got before going to the 49ers to run Walsh's WCO.

22 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Have you guys actually read any of the SB reviews on Willis? Wildly inconsistent, questionable accuracy?He's not ending up in Denver.

Howell and Strong have had pretty good, consistent showings and Zappe has been as advertised. Zappe's a sleeper. The most accurate short to intermediate passer at the SB, decisive, consistent, great grasp of the offense and a real gamer. The long ball isn't his strength but he's not that limited.

Kinda sounds like the reviews Montana got before going to the 49ers to run Walsh's WCO.

We won’t have the #9 pick to take Willis anyway, so I agree with you there. Maybe Zappe can be a practice squad guy they take on Day 3 to replace Rypien. Rodgers/Lock/Zappe could be an interesting group.

Edited by BroncoBruin