2022 College Prospect Thread

germ-x

2 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

He’s going 1st overall. 

I can't find what I want on the guy. Incredible physical specimen, no doubt. OL is all about what's between the ears though.

You need the "like's to fight" guy. A Meinerz, Bolles, if we're looking at our roster. Then look at physical skills. If you ever concentrate on the OL and especially IOL, it's f**king brutal every snap. Look for the guys that like it! It shortens your list in a hurry.

15 hours ago, AKRNA said:

I can't find what I want on the guy. Incredible physical specimen, no doubt. OL is all about what's between the ears though.

You need the "like's to fight" guy. A Meinerz, Bolles, if we're looking at our roster. Then look at physical skills. If you ever concentrate on the OL and especially IOL, it's f**king brutal every snap. Look for the guys that like it! It shortens your list in a hurry.

I would take an edge rusher at 1 this year.

Edited by BroncoBruin

5 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

I don’t think we’d pick Davis in the 1st but this is insane. 6’6” 340 pounds.

Paton targeted a lot of elite RAS guys last year, so these numbers are definitely something to track. 

Those kinda guys don't come along often, could be a tough call at #9, one of those regrets. Trade back  or risk it ?

1 hour ago, Cutler06 said:

Those kinda guys don't come along often, could be a tough call at #9, one of those regrets. Trade back  or risk it ?

I'd take him in a heartbeat. I'd probably also do some manuevering and pick up a guy like Zion Johnson also. What a huge positive two guys like that would be. 

IMO, right now we're not good enough between the tackles on both sides of the LOS to beat good teams, regardless who our QB is.

In last year’s draft, Paton leaned towards elite athletes, blue blood college programs, and big time recruits coming out of high school. One draft’s worth of information isn’t nearly enough to build an accurate profile of his philosophy, but it should be noted that these traits were often a big part of Vikings drafts when he was in Minny, as well. With that in mind, I’d bet on the leader in the clubhouse at 1.9 being

Edited by broncosfan_101

36 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

In last year’s draft, Paton leaned towards elite athletes, blue blood college programs, and big time recruits coming out of high school. One draft’s worth of information isn’t nearly enough to build an accurate profile of his philosophy, but it should be noted that these traits were often a big part of Vikings drafts when he was in Minny, as well. With that in mind, I’d bet on the leader in the clubhouse at 1.9 being

Walker or Thibodeaux, since apparently KT is the guy they’re inventing red flags for this year. 

• Like 2