2022 College Prospect Thread

germ-x

8 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

I think the cost to move up could go back to normal for the first half of the 2nd, as this is where the “value” for the QB’s exists. The first round was pretty weak as a whole, but the strength of this draft should be today. Lots of real quality prospects available in rounds 2-3. 

Very possible.  But even then the cost to move from 64 to say 45 might be 96.  Because the scale is still very different now.    It may not be as prohibitive as we think.   And if it’s not for QB the bidding may not be so intense.   The depth of the 2nd - 3rd round would entice sellers to move back if they’re not locked in on LB for example with Dean OTB.  

The QB prices will likely be higher if someone moves up for sure.    I expect 3 should go Rd2.  Willis early (Sea floor).     How the others go will be fascinating.   

This was definitely the year to not have to chase QB.   Imagine us having 1.9 and the debate that would have ensued.  

Edited by Broncofan

16 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

I think the cost to move up could go back to normal for the first half of the 2nd, as this is where the “value” for the QB’s exists. The first round was pretty weak as a whole, but the strength of this draft should be today. Lots of real quality prospects available in rounds 2-3. 

I agree with this completely.  I'd hate to have to pay first round money for any of the first rounder's drafted. Paton his day three last year, hopefully he can do it again.  

• 6 months later...

Sucks that Hooker got hurt. He was fun to watch. With a strong post season and combine he could have pushed for a 1st round grade. Now he has the double whammy of not being able to show it the biggest games and an ACL injury. He likely goes in the 4th or 5th. Given the broncos have so much invested in Russ I hope they take a flier on the kid. Could pay off

6 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Sucks that Hooker got hurt. He was fun to watch. With a strong post season and combine he could have pushed for a 1st round grade. Now he has the double whammy of not being able to show it the biggest games and an ACL injury. He likely goes in the 4th or 5th. Given the broncos have so much invested in Russ I hope they take a flier on the kid. Could pay off

On Day 3 why not.   His age was going to raise Q’s regardless.  But at that stage pretty easy call.   Hope you find a Dak.  

It’s unclear how severe Blake Corum’s knee injury is - seems like he’ll still play on the upcoming MiCH - OSU game; but that injury could certainly affect his Combine / shorts and season performance.  

I’d be all over a Day 3 pick there as well.   His size may already scare some teams off going Day 2 once you get past the Bijan Robinson / Jahmyr Gibbs elite tier.   If he falls to Day 3 Corum’s the most likely RB to pull a Dameon Pierce / Kareem Hunt like Day 3 splash

Edited by Broncofan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

If Denver is able to hire Sean Payton I think Jahmyr Gibbs is a real possibility round 1.  

Not only do I think RB (and speed) is a need for this offense, but Payton has always utilized an excellent receiving back out of the backfield with Reggie Bush, Darren Sproles, and Alvin Kamara. Gibbs is a player in that mold, might actually be the fastest straight line player in that group. 

Edited by germ-x

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/31/2022 at 11:01 AM, germ-x said:

If Denver is able to hire Sean Payton I think Jahmyr Gibbs is a real possibility round 1.  

Not only do I think RB (and speed) is a need for this offense, but Payton has always utilized an excellent receiving back out of the backfield with Reggie Bush, Darren Sproles, and Alvin Kamara. Gibbs is a player in that mold, might actually be the fastest straight line player in that group. 

If Denver hires Sean Payton they won’t have a pick high enough to select Gibbs...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/21/2022 at 5:43 PM, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I think this is a really weak QB class. Young has a chance to be great. Stroud will follow in the footsteps of all the other overhyped OSU QBs the last 15 years. Levis could be Josh Allen, He could be Jay Cutler. Either way it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s in this league the longest.

Richardson is a joke. I’d fire my GM if he drafted him.

Hooker very well May end up the best QB in this class. I see him being a low/mid grade starter for 5+ years (think Brissett or Teddy 2 gloves)