Jump to content

2022 College Prospect Thread


germ-x
 Share

Recommended Posts

I think the odds we are keeping our 1st round pick for 2022 just went way down.  Still not a guarantee, but there are probably 2 real options for trades that are now on the table, and 1 seems a virtual lock now (A-Rod).  Doesn't mean we'll get him, but it certainly seems far more than theoretical, or wishful thinking.

Edited by Broncofan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I think the odds we are keeping our 1st round pick for 2022 just went way down.  Still not a guarantee, but there are probably 2 real options for trades that are now on the table, and 1 seems a virtual lock now (A-Rod).  Doesn't mean we'll get him, but it certainly seems far more than theoretical, or wishful thinking.

What do you think the deal is for Rodgers?

 

I just wrote this down. Might be too much but the two time reigning MVP getting traded is totally unprecedented 

 

2022 1st

2022 2nd 

2023 1st

2023 3rd

2024 2nd that becomes a 1st if the broncos win either of the next two superbowls 

QB Drew Lock

WR Jerry Jeudy

DE Dre’Mont Jones 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

What do you think the deal is for Rodgers?

 

I just wrote this down. Might be too much but the two time reigning MVP getting traded is totally unprecedented 

 

2022 1st

2022 2nd 

2023 1st

2023 3rd

2024 2nd that becomes a 1st if the broncos win either of the next two superbowls 

QB Drew Lock

WR Jerry Jeudy

DE Dre’Mont Jones 

Don't see Jeudy or Jones being needed with 3 1sts.   Remember, A-Rod holdout agreement from last year said that he gets to ask to be traded, and GB agrees to accomodate.   This isn't even the same leverage situation as SEA has on Wilson.

I think it's far more likely to be something like 3 1sts outright, and LAR's 2nd/3rd (we keep our 2nd/3rd), and our 2023 3rd, plus Lock (who has minimal value, but better as a free lottery ticket for next year vs. Jordan Love).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Don't see Jeudy or Jones being needed with 3 1sts.   Remember, A-Rod gets to ask to be traded, and GB agreed to accomodate.   This isn't even the same leverage situation as SEA has on Wilson.

What about 2 firsts, Lock and Jones?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

What about 2 firsts, Lock and Jones?

Man, I'd rather give up the 3rd 1st than Jones, for 2 reasons:

1.  That 2024 1st is very likely to be in the 20's.   That's just nowhere near the same value.

2.  Jones is a valuable player who's still cost-controlled and at a premium position.   

Remember that A-Rod gets to choose his destination, which makes it a LOT easier.  I think we can throw more pick capital, and bank on being in the 20's.  We will NOT miss picks in the 20's as much as our top 10 or even top 15 picks.  The whiff rate is rightfully much higher.   And Paton (along with A-Rod) won't really want to hurt the team's chances to win now - so that means more pick capital, or guys that Paton can replace a LOT more easily than Jeudy (again, he brings the separation element no one else can) or Jones (DL premium position).

I think if we want to get REALLY crafty, we offer this:

3 1sts

2022 LAR 2nd

2023 3rd

Lock

Fant


I think that would get a lot of consideration, and again....if A-Rod says I only want DEN, well, that factors in.  But I don't think the notion we can get away without 3 1sts, is one we have to accept.   Frankly, if we get a top 5 QB to join our team, it's a trade we won't regret, barring injury (which is not foreseeable, especially with way QB's are protected nowadays).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Yeah, he’s gone

He also said he isn’t sticking around for a rebuild.    Every chance in the post-game he’s not even hinted he’d like to return to GB.   

Edited by Broncofan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2022 at 7:44 AM, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I agree with this. My argument was more about the general philosophy that a punter is NEVER worth a late third which I disagree with.

On this topic, I really paid attention to the punting duels today. IMO Guy would have swung the final outcome to anyone who had him. His career stats don't tell the whole story. When called on to do so he'd boom 60 yd punts all day with enough hang time to prevent any returns. 

Who's this kid again?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Man, I'd rather give up the 3rd 1st than Jones, for 2 reasons:

1.  That 2024 1st is very likely to be in the 20's.   That's just nowhere near the same value.

2.  Jones is a valuable player who's still cost-controlled and at a premium position.   

Remember that A-Rod gets to choose his destination, which makes it a LOT easier.  I think we can throw more pick capital, and bank on being in the 20's.  We will NOT miss picks in the 20's as much as our top 10 or even top 15 picks.  The whiff rate is rightfully much higher.   And Paton (along with A-Rod) won't really want to hurt the team's chances to win now - so that means more pick capital, or guys that Paton can replace a LOT more easily than Jeudy (again, he brings the separation element no one else can) or Jones (DL premium position).

I think if we want to get REALLY crafty, we offer this:

3 1sts

2022 LAR 2nd

2023 3rd

Lock

Fant


I think that would get a lot of consideration, and again....if A-Rod says I only want DEN, well, that factors in.  But I don't think the notion we can get away without 3 1sts, is one we have to accept.   Frankly, if we get a top 5 QB to join our team, it's a trade we won't regret, barring injury (which is not foreseeable, especially with way QB's are protected nowadays).

Guys, it’s not going to cost that much. The deal is going to be two 1sts with some frosting and sprinkles. GB needs to deal with his insane cap number ASAP to get anything else done this off-season and Rodgers Is going to pick his spot. They’ll look to get this done free of drama for a fair price, not a ridiculous one: 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Guys, it’s not going to cost that much. The deal is going to be two 1sts with some frosting and sprinkles. GB needs to deal with his insane cap number ASAP to get anything else done this off-season and Rodgers Is going to pick his spot. They’ll look to get this done free of drama for a fair price, not a ridiculous one: 

I won’t complain if it costs less than 3 1sts.  If A-Rod says only Denver it could be cheaper.  But we only should be giving up pick capital and / or assets we won’t miss.  It makes no sense to weaken the present Day roster that’s my main point.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I keep thinking about some of the top players in this draft and falling in love with some of the potential options at 9th overall (Kyle Hamilton, Jordan Davis, Ojabo, etc) but the more I think about it, it’s pretty futile because I only see a pretty thin scenario where we actually make that 9th overall pick AND it’s not a QB.

 

Thinking about the three scenarios we could be in going into draft day:

 

A - We traded for an elite QB Rodgers/Wilson

B - We traded for a very good starting QB Garoppolo/Cousins etc

C - We’ve not added a QB or only added a margin starter, e.g, Mariota/Tyrod/bring back Teddy)

 

 

I think in scenario A, it’s pretty much certain that we already traded that 9th picks. In scenario C, it’s incredibly likely that we’ll be taking Kenny Pickett at 9.

 

So the only way I see us picking one of those great defenders or OL-men at 9 is the scenario where we trade a day two pick for a guy like Jimmy G 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

I keep thinking about some of the top players in this draft and falling in love with some of the potential options at 9th overall (Kyle Hamilton, Jordan Davis, Ojabo, etc) but the more I think about it, it’s pretty futile because I only see a pretty thin scenario where we actually make that 9th overall pick AND it’s not a QB.

 

Thinking about the three scenarios we could be in going into draft day:

 

A - We traded for an elite QB Rodgers/Wilson

B - We traded for a very good starting QB Garoppolo/Cousins etc

C - We’ve not added a QB or only added a margin starter, e.g, Mariota/Tyrod/bring back Teddy)

 

 

I think in scenario A, it’s pretty much certain that we already traded that 9th picks. In scenario C, it’s incredibly likely that we’ll be taking Kenny Pickett at 9.

 

So the only way I see us picking one of those great defenders or OL-men at 9 is the scenario where we trade a day two pick for a guy like Jimmy G 

As much as I don’t think this draft class would even pass the 4 guys taken last year - Pickett is 100x better move than having JimmyG.   JimmyG doesn’t even play at a league average level without Shanny and he’s barely that with him.  Hard pass.  At least Cousins plays at the fringes of top 8/10 level (but I don’t think he’d put us to that legitimate final 4 contender level - Stafford in 2021, the big 3 this year obv).    
 

Pickett might outright bust or end up no better -  but at least you have some ceiling in outcome, the potential to be the answer (lower than last years top 4 but it’s still there).  JimmyG you know you’re already capped and need a QB upgrade to keep contending for the crown (other than facing teams that take 14 penalties, horrible fundamentals and can’t manage the clock and then a 2nd game that the opponents gives up 10 ST points - not a path to sustained playoff success).  
 

It’s why we’d be so much better off with Wilson / A-Rod than be faced with that choice.    Way better position to legitimately contend for 3+ years and don’t need to make this type of plan C choice.   Not surprised that Allbright / Renck / others have said Paton is all-in on Wilson / A-Rod first then worry about plan C later if he doesn’t get either guy. 

Edited by Broncofan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thought this was a thread about 2022 College draft prospects ?? Anyway, with Spencer's future as a Broncos returner/WR, came across the bane of Christian Watson. Saw he's a 6'4" 200 lbs who ran in the 4.3 40-yrd dash.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...