2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

My thoughts on the Deebo situation:

I would like him and I think it makes sense but as we know JD is a master negotiator I feel comfortable knowing if we do indeed trade for him we won’t have our pants pulled down.

So with rumours about both seconds and our third being thrown about I just find it unlikely. 

Im also torn on the thought of us NOT drafting Jameson Williams. He’s the guy I think can take our offense to a different level so if we trade for Deebo does that mean we won’t get Williams?!? More than likely! And that doesn’t sit well with me. 

That being said if JD could do maybe #35 and #111 for Deebo we’d have to consider it a home run deal. 

ACL injuries - All-star NFL lineup has recovered from knee reconstruction surgery (espn.com)

Article is 8 years old.  The WRs and RBs did okay.  Another 8 years in exercise/rehab advancement.

How do ACL tears affect wide receivers? The numbers are promising for Allen Robinson, Cameron Meredith | RSN (nbcsports.com)

My main concern is size.  If he is really ~190 lbs that will make a big difference compared to sub 180.  If he is solid then I think the ACL should hold up fine.  Ideally his rookie season is used primarily for vertical routes while he gets stronger in the weight room.

20 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

My thoughts on the Deebo situation:

I would like him and I think it makes sense but as we know JD is a master negotiator I feel comfortable knowing if we do indeed trade for him we won’t have our pants pulled down.

So with rumours about both seconds and our third being thrown about I just find it unlikely. 

Im also torn on the thought of us NOT drafting Jameson Williams. He’s the guy I think can take our offense to a different level so if we trade for Deebo does that mean we won’t get Williams?!? More than likely! And that doesn’t sit well with me. 

That being said if JD could do maybe #35 and #111 for Deebo we’d have to consider it a home run deal. 

I really want Williams too. I think there's actually a big risk in not choosing him at 4. Yes 4 not 10. I think there's a decent chance he goes to ATL at 8. Now am I saying that I 100% think we need to draft Williams at 4? No. I think it depends how the board falls. I think if Hutchinson (very unlikely) or Thibs are there at 4, we have to go that route and see what WR is there at 10. But if they're both gone... I'd much rather see us get our top WR if we plan on going WR at 10 regardless (bc we feel comfortable with all of Williams, Wilson or London at 10) than draft a guy like Walker, Hamilton or Sauce.

The other situation is if Hutch and Thibs are gone and we don't love the next DE and do decide to go OL like Ikem or Neal. Do we really see us going WR at 10 then? Double dipping on offense again? Or have we than forced ourselves to than HAVE TO go DE now at 10. Now we've totally missed out on a top WR which we've clearly have shown we think we need.

Yes the scenario of us trading back with Philly sounds great. But why exactly is Philly trading up? Teams pretty much only give up that much if they want a QB. I also laugh at the idea of that some think we can get 15 and 18 for the price of 10. We'd have to give up 10, 35, 69 to make it even close to equal in value. Which isn't bad. But the idea that we don't have to give up anything more than 10 for those 2 picks is laughable.

We'd maybe be able to put the package together I said and we'd have 4, 15, 18, 38 and than not pick again until 111. Not sure that's something JD wants to do. He knows he got lucky last year with Carter falling to us. You don't get lucky with that stuff often.

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

ACL injuries - All-star NFL lineup has recovered from knee reconstruction surgery (espn.com)

Article is 8 years old.  The WRs and RBs did okay.  Another 8 years in exercise/rehab advancement.

How do ACL tears affect wide receivers? The numbers are promising for Allen Robinson, Cameron Meredith | RSN (nbcsports.com)

My main concern is size.  If he is really ~190 lbs that will make a big difference compared to sub 180.  If he is solid then I think the ACL should hold up fine.  Ideally his rookie season is used primarily for vertical routes while he gets stronger in the weight room.

His toughness doesn't get talked about enough. He's actually incredibly tough for his size. He doesn't play small. Dude is a gunner as well as the top WR and was actually great at it. 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

His toughness doesn't get talked about enough. He's actually incredibly tough for his size. He doesn't play small. Dude is a gunner as well as the top WR and was actually great at it. 

Toughness doesn't have to do with reinjuring his knee.  I'm strictly talking about his build and injury potential.  If he was DeVonta Smith I'd say stay far away.  If he is a solid 190 with thicker legs then I will feel more comfortable with the ACL.

Gronk and Peterson coming back from ACL may be a little different than Williams coming back from ACL.

I wish I didn't like the draft so much, these Jets podcasts I listen to are idiotic.  They're debating about trading back into the 1st or staying in the 2nd to take a WR and someone mentioned trading a 3rd or Michael Carter to trade back into the 1st before the WR run goes.

Do people think before they speak? Trading Michael Carter??

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I really want Williams too. I think there's actually a big risk in not choosing him at 4. Yes 4 not 10. I think there's a decent chance he goes to ATL at 8. Now am I saying that I 100% think we need to draft Williams at 4? No. I think it depends how the board falls. I think if Hutchinson (very unlikely) or Thibs are there at 4, we have to go that route and see what WR is there at 10. But if they're both gone... I'd much rather see us get our top WR if we plan on going WR at 10 regardless (bc we feel comfortable with all of Williams, Wilson or London at 10) than draft a guy like Walker, Hamilton or Sauce.

The other situation is if Hutch and Thibs are gone and we don't love the next DE and do decide to go OL like Ikem or Neal. Do we really see us going WR at 10 then? Double dipping on offense again? Or have we than forced ourselves to than HAVE TO go DE now at 10. Now we've totally missed out on a top WR which we've clearly have shown we think we need.

Yes the scenario of us trading back with Philly sounds great. But why exactly is Philly trading up? Teams pretty much only give up that much if they want a QB. I also laugh at the idea of that some think we can get 15 and 18 for the price of 10. We'd have to give up 10, 35, 69 to make it even close to equal in value. Which isn't bad. But the idea that we don't have to give up anything more than 10 for those 2 picks is laughable.

We'd maybe be able to put the package together I said and we'd have 4, 15, 18, 38 and than not pick again until 111. Not sure that's something JD wants to do. He knows he got lucky last year with Carter falling to us. You don't get lucky with that stuff often.

Yeah I think there’s a good percentage of us on here who think Williams is the #1 receiver. I think we could get him at #10 though as looking through mock drafts and Falcons beat writers they would lean towards Wilson over Williams especially if there’s health concerns as they don’t have the flexibility to bring him on slow like us (as we have Davis, Moore, Mims and Berrios already) 

I also think Philly trading up wouldn’t be likely but something similar could be done with NO who absolutely may come up for a qb over Washington at #11. 

4 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I wish I didn't like the draft so much, these Jets podcasts I listen to are idiotic.  They're debating about trading back into the 1st or staying in the 2nd to take a WR and someone mentioned trading a 3rd or Michael Carter to trade back into the 1st before the WR run goes.

Do people think before they speak? Trading Michael Carter??

God only knows where some of these guys get their ideas from. 🤷🏻‍♂️

20 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

these Jets podcasts I listen to are idiotic

They talk to hear themselves talk.  I would imagine they don't even believe half the garbage they spout, they just want to argue, shock and talk.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Gonna have to throw London in there as well. He’s 100% an option for us at 10 as well

I just wouldn’t like it, especially if either of the other two are available. Like he’s good but I don’t think he’d be as good as the others with us.

43 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

Yeah I think there’s a good percentage of us on here who think Williams is the #1 receiver. I think we could get him at #10 though as looking through mock drafts and Falcons beat writers they would lean towards Wilson over Williams especially if there’s health concerns as they don’t have the flexibility to bring him on slow like us (as we have Davis, Moore, Mims and Berrios already) 

I also think Philly trading up wouldn’t be likely but something similar could be done with NO who absolutely may come up for a qb over Washington at #11. 

Washington just spent a couple 2s on Wentz, I doubt they go QB.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Toughness doesn't have to do with reinjuring his knee.  I'm strictly talking about his build and injury potential.  If he was DeVonta Smith I'd say stay far away.  If he is a solid 190 with thicker legs then I will feel more comfortable with the ACL.

Gronk and Peterson coming back from ACL may be a little different than Williams coming back from ACL.

I hear what you're saying. It's just that we see countless guys every year make full returns from ACL tears and faster than they ever have. I for one tore my ACL twice while I was a college athlete and made a full return each time. And actually felt like I moved better after each one. Now I was 6' 190lbs then so I wasn't as tall as a guy like Williams and my sport was baseball not football (I was a catcher though, so a lot of knee and leg work). But technology has came a long way. My 2nd ACL surgery was in 2003. So ACL repairs have came a long way in 19 years as well.