2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Washington just spent a couple 2s on Wentz, I doubt they go QB.

True but it’s obvious he’s a stopgap. Your right though it’s more unlikely but still could a team like NO if they love a qb risk losing him to Washington? 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I'll go ahead and make the bold statement that in 2-3 years Jameson Williams > Deebo Samuel

I don’t think that’s a stretch at all. I still think we are better off keeping picks and taking Williams, Wilson or somehow get in position for Burks. That gives us more money and another potential starter or two on defense. 
Only one I am interested in is DK because we can give him a deal that has him entering his prime and hopefully staying here. Not looking to sign someone for 4 years until they are 30 to have them leave for their last big deal (or degrade). 

How is this team in a position to trade multiple picks and then pay a WR 25mil a year after one big time season. The Bills did this in YEAR 3, after Josh Allen made steps forward in year 2. If Zach Wilson can't make strides with Corey Davis, Elijah Moore, Rookie top pick, Berrios, Carter, Mims, Uzomah, and Conklin trust me, he aint it. Especially with a solid OL. He has the help and I am sure we will continue to add more depth to the offense after the first round. Jets need to stay the course. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Just keep in mind that Deebo is in control of his destination if traded because he can choose who he would sign his extension with. Just like Hill. 

I mean unlike Hill, I think he'd have a desire to play for us. Knows the staff and the system. 

8 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

If SF is willing, Jets gotta be the fav to get him.  Saleh/LaFleur connection, the money to pay him, best ammo of picks and just showed a few weeks ago with Hill, the want of a top WR

His issue seems to be how he’s used. Maybe he wants to play in a different role or different system. 

17 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

His issue seems to be how he’s used. Maybe he wants to play in a different role or different system. 

He doesn’t want to play the hybrid role anymore. Wants to just play Wide receiver