2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Does he not want to get snaps at RB anymore? Or did SF try and not give him full WR $$$ bc they say they use him as a RB too and not give him top WR $$$? That’s the question.

I mean let’s be real. He had 59 Carries last year. Over 17 games that’s 3.5 car/gm. That’s hardly a huge work load at RB. And 1/2 that work was on end around that he’d still get if he was a WR. So now you’re down to just not giving him 2 carries a game as an actual RB. I feel like that’s not why he wants to leave.

My guess is everything I said… change in OC, WR coach. Uncertainty at QB. And SF not offering him top WR dollar bc they say he gets RB work.

Seems like SF is saying they’re not trading him unless they get a crazy haul. So I believe you can count us out on him regardless now.

He apparently only had like 6 Carrys the first 10 weeks

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

So the guy wants to be paid for the production he had JUST last year, but he doesn't wanna touch the ball as many times as he did to get there...and wants 25 million. jets fans pounding the table offering multiple picks or offering the 10th pick are literally insane. draft your own guy and keep filling out the roster. 

Agreed. But there is also the alternative that if he gets tagged, they will try to tag him as a RB. Not sure that would fly but it may be a concern if Deebo’s. 

2 hours ago, Big T said:

The guy averages 18 ypc and had 1800 yards last year including 1400 receiving. The guy is the most lethal offensive weapon in all of football.

That is part of the issue. He has only done that for one year. We have all seen one year wonders. I am not saying that is the case. But it’s a lot of draft capital and $ for this current Jets team to shell out hoping he just came into his own and it’s not a one year thing.  Hill, DK and Terry have multiple years of tape to justify that kind of commitment. 

Douglas is gonna stay the course, he went to get Hill and lost but all isn’t done.

Williams and Wilson are likely going to be available at worst London or Burks can be had. Grab one of them and trust the coaching staff’s developmental process.

Use those 2s and our 3 to add necessary depth. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Douglas is gonna stay the course, he went to get Hill and lost but all isn’t done.

Williams and Wilson are likely going to be available at worst London or Burks can be had. Grab one of them and trust the coaching staff’s developmental process.

To add on… they very well might not want Samuel at all. As I stated… it’s nice to have WRs that can hurt you in different ways, so defenses have to worry about all areas. Moore and Samuel play similar (given Moore isn’t as big to play as tough). We went after Hill bc he’s an elite WR with speed. Samuel runs a 4.5, not exactly a speed guy.

My hope is that this means we want the speed guy in the draft in Jameson. But that’s just me wishing.

One of the reasons I'm starting to get behind Williams (obviously his skillset) is the Jets may be giving Mims his last shot the first quarter of the season.  That gives Williams time to get to 100%.  Mims is apparently having a great offseason so as long as he grasps the playbook he could be a good WR.

Edited by jetsfan4life51
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

That is scary. You do know the jets have no record of this in the last 10 years. 

23 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

One of the reasons I'm starting to get behind Williams (obviously his skillset) is the Jets may be giving Mims his last shot the first quarter of the season.  That gives Williams time to get to 100%.  Mims is apparently having a great offseason so as long as he grasps the playbook he could be a good WR.

I kinda like this mindset. Take Williams, let the mims situation play out while Williams is on the mend. If mims pans out we could move on from Davis in the off-season. If mims flops Williams has an easy opportunity to get some good pt in the second half of the year. Thibs and Williams is what I'd like to see

I saw this on the net. What do you guys think? I like this trade but not a fan of the first round pick next year. if we got away with a second round pick this year or second next year I probably would do this trade. Like I said before I'm not really a Wilson fan. 

The Cardinals would send the Jets Murray and their 2023 fourth-round selection in exchange for the 10th overall pick in this draft, quarterback Zach Wilson, the Jets’ third-round pick this year (No. 69) and the Jets’ 2023 first-round selection.

11 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

the guy had 77 receptions, 1405 yards and 6 TDs as a WR - i'm fine with not using him as a RB.

His versatility is what will make him valuable though. Considering the price you may have to pay and how him being moved around essentially saved the 49ers last year. 

At the same time I understand his stance on it.

I’d prefer we stay the course and continue to draft and develop, find our own Deebo and Reek.

9 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I saw this on the net. What do you guys think? I like this trade but not a fan of the first round pick next year. if we got away with a second round pick this year or second next year I probably would do this trade. Like I said before I'm not really a Wilson fan. 

The Cardinals would send the Jets Murray and their 2023 fourth-round selection in exchange for the 10th overall pick in this draft, quarterback Zach Wilson, the Jets’ third-round pick this year (No. 69) and the Jets’ 2023 first-round selection.

Lol giving up on a 2nd year quarterback who showed growth over the course of his rookie season. Poverty franchise. Luckily we aren’t stupid. 

42 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

That is an atrocious trade for us. Basically giving up needed assets, last years #2 overall pick, another top 10 pick, a future 1 and this years third...for Kyler Murray, who I do think is a nice player but its not exactly like hes lighting the word on fire passing the ball. I would much rather see what Zach Wilson is in his second season than make this horrible trade.