2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

Surprising Hughes wouldn’t know this. If so, he should amend 

Right. He's normally sharp on things but I didn't like this at all. Dude is literally weeks away. If something were to happen, him trying to rush a flight from there to Texas would be ugly. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Just cant see any way JD parting with a 1st for Deebo. Best package I think he offers is the Hill package we did. And I doubt SF is trading him without getting a 1st

If you offer the Hill package, I personally feel like the niners should take it (assuming that the situation is not salvageable). I just wrote a big long post in the 49er forum about it as I do think people are undervaluing that offer (especially on niner's twitter) basically because it doesn't have a first round pick, but those two seconds slot right in between the first and second round picks that Adams and Hill got (they are worth less than the two Adams returned, more than the two Hill got). On the old TVC, those two seconds are worth the exact same amount as the two picks the Giants got for Beckham (#17 & #95) and they are just behind those two picks on the Rich Hill chart. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

If you offer the Hill package, I personally feel like the niners should take it (assuming that the situation is not salvageable). I just wrote a big long post in the 49er forum about it as I do think people are undervaluing that offer (especially on niner's twitter) basically because it doesn't have a first round pick, but those two seconds slot right in between the first and second round picks that Adams and Hill got (they are worth less than the two Adams returned, more than the two Hill got). On the old TVC, those two seconds are worth the exact same amount as the two picks the Giants got for Beckham (#17 & #95) and they are just behind those two picks on the Rich Hill chart. 

Agreed.

Hill is better than Deebo though. But Deebo is younger than Hill. So it's a wash pretty much.

The only other thing that I think the Jets might be thinking is that they see Moore as that Samuel "type" already for us. That they'd rather have an elite speedster or something rather than another WR under 6'0" (Moore and Berrios are both under 6'0")

18 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Right. He's normally sharp on things but I didn't like this at all. Dude is literally weeks away. If something were to happen, him trying to rush a flight from there to Texas would be ugly. 

PFFTTT....  OTA is a 10 day task.  Come on.

• Like 1

Babies are important unless you’re in the super bowl in recent memory Sherman, Odell and Van Jefferson all played while their girlfriends and wives were close to popping. 

So yeah idk how much weight it holds in the grand scheme of things. Let’s just hope he’s in shape and isn’t getting wrecked by Lawson in camp.

On 4/19/2022 at 10:00 PM, xrade said:

If he can do in the NFL what he did in the PAC10, I will gladly say I was wrong. He is too one dimensional, IMO, and will not have nearly the success against NFL defenses.

If this were last year or 2020, London would at best be considered a day 2 pick. I try not to let the media hype and lack of positional talent in the draft sway me.  Could I be wrong, of course. But I would rather have WR who can get open rather than a WR who out-muscles college DB’s.

Very rudimentary analysis of London's game. One dimensional just because he's big? You can't teach his size, and he's already has elite high pointing, hands, body control, and knowing how to use his frame, he'd come in as a reliable safety net for a young developing QB like Zach Wilson on day one (averaged 8 catches per game last year - aka #1 WR). He's also great after the catch and as a blocker, and he can threaten the defense at all three levels. Not sure where you get one dimensional from because he's certainly not. Only knock on him is that he's not a track star and is coming off an injury. 

Don't get me wrong, I very much like Jameson Williams as well and I go back and forth with him and London because his speed is tantalizing, but London gives us something we don't have with his size, and I like the track record of recent WR's to come out from both schools so I'd be happy either way. I think a big body that plays similarly to Mike Evans helps Wilson more than another speedster at this juncture. Prevailing logic ultimately leans towards London for me though.