2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

Looks like I'm not the only one that thinks The Saints are trading 16 and 19 to move to 10 for a QB. You will get your WR at 16 with Wilson, Williams being one of them. 

NFL.com's Maurice Jones-Drew has the New Orleans Saints trading up to 10th overall to select Ole Miss QB Matt Corral in his latest mock draft.

Jones-Drew has one of the more unique mock drafts of the year. Not only does he have four quarterbacks in the first round but he has them all in the top 10. Corral (6'1/205) is a player with a wide range of opinions. The arm strength is obvious on film, as his confident decision-making and rushing ability. How he will translate to the NFL after running a very RPO-heavy offense at Ole Miss. The Saints gave up both 16 and 19 to move up and select Corral in this scenario which is a high price to pay.

50 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

Hypothetically, would we be happy with a trade down?  Say it's #10 for #16 and #19.  I would be a fan.  Still in position to grab a top WR and then can grab Lindy, Dean, Lloyd, Hill or Davis.  

Probably depending on who they pick.  Would hate trade down if they picked wrong prospects.

11 hours ago, jetjuice said:

You can't teach his size, and he's already has elite high pointing, hands, body control, and knowing how to use his frame, he'd come in as a reliable safety net for a young developing QB like Zach Wilson on day one

So he is tall.  There are a lot of WR that are tall and fail.  Just because he can out muscle or high point against college CB's does not mean he will do that in the NFL.  If he isn't getting open he won't get the ball thrown his way.  A safety net for Wilson is someone who can get clear separation from the defender making it an easy read for Zach.  I get your point - size, speed, quickness can't be taught.  But if London can't get open in college, how is he going to get open in the NFL?  Is the plan to just chuck it up there and hope he is the one that comes down with it?  He would be great in the RZ but between the 20's I just don't see him being effective enough to warrant a FRP.

Kelvin Benjamin and Dorial-Green Beckam are two WR drafted in rounds one or two that had size and never materialized.  Evans is more of an exception.  There are also plenty of 6'5" guys that switched to TE and made a living.  London may be too slight for that.  Regardless, will London be like Mike or Kelvin?  If we draft him, I hope its Mike.  But probability says Kelvin.

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Looks like I'm not the only one that thinks The Saints are trading 16 and 19 to move to 10 for a QB. You will get your WR at 16 with Wilson, Williams being one of them. 

NFL.com's Maurice Jones-Drew has the New Orleans Saints trading up to 10th overall to select Ole Miss QB Matt Corral in his latest mock draft.

Jones-Drew has one of the more unique mock drafts of the year. Not only does he have four quarterbacks in the first round but he has them all in the top 10. Corral (6'1/205) is a player with a wide range of opinions. The arm strength is obvious on film, as his confident decision-making and rushing ability. How he will translate to the NFL after running a very RPO-heavy offense at Ole Miss. The Saints gave up both 16 and 19 to move up and select Corral in this scenario which is a high price to pay.

Would love this. This draft has such little high end talent but a ton of depth and we still aren't close. Fill out your roster.

2 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

If accurate, cant see them sending him to one of their rivals and a top team in the NFC unless the offer was outrageous (like multiple 1sts +)

And our 2 2nds are equal to that of the 14th for what that’s worth