2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

2 minutes ago, NewAge said:

My main concern with Deebo is long-term durability. He has a similar playing style to Quincy Enunwa and injuries obviously ruined his career. 

Enunwa was never even close to as talented at Deebo. We can’t not think about bringing in guys who play football hard.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Enunwa was never even close to as talented at Deebo. We can’t not think about bringing in guys who play football hard.

There’s a difference between just playing hard and making a career off being able to run through guys. Deebo is going to take on more hard contact than other top receivers and he already has a history of leg injuries. He’s a YAC guy whose yards aren’t coming from pure speed. 

Edited by NewAge

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

And our 2 2nds are equal to that of the 14th for what that’s worth

If we offer 35 or 38 I would offer a 4 this year and a conditional 4 that could be a 3 next year. He is not in class of AJ Brown, DK or Tyreek and has a problem with his work load. DO NOT overpay for this guy. 

• Like 1

Just now, ekill08x said:

If we offer 35 or 38 I would offer a 4 this year and a conditional 4 that could be a 3 next year. He is not in class of AJ Brown, DK or Tyreek and has a problem with his work load. DO NOT overpay for this guy. 

This 100%. I want him but let’s not get our pants pulled down here. One 2nd rounder and one 4th. That would be my maximum. Maybe a conditional pick next year. Maybe even included Mims and drop the 4th to a 6th?!?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

The sample size on Enunwa was so small because he would play himself into injury. QB play, talent around him, along with injury history didn't allow him to realize his potential. Saying his ceiling would have been Deebo is bold but it's an apt comparison. 

1 hour ago, KimuraGod said:

This 100%. I want him but let’s not get our pants pulled down here. One 2nd rounder and one 4th. That would be my maximum. Maybe a conditional pick next year. Maybe even included Mims and drop the 4th to a 6th?!?

Which I don’t disagree with. But GB has 2 1st and I highly doubt they’re not willing to give up one of them for him. There for our package would have to be worth more than that if there 1st (I believe there 1st 1st is the 22nd pick). So assuming GB will do something like 22 and a 4th for him. We’d maybe get away with just offering both 2nd for him. Maybe we can even move back from 10 and get a 2nd to where we aren’t losing a ton to get him.

1 hour ago, NewAge said:

My main concern with Deebo is long-term durability. He has a similar playing style to Quincy Enunwa and injuries obviously ruined his career. 

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/deebo-samuel/10205

This is 100% the right concern to have. All of the other concern about his play on the field I think is unwarranted. He's a stud in that regard. But even as a 49er fan, the reason I've been so reticent to give him a contract extension (and this was going on even before this season) is that I just don't know how sustainable it is. Would worry the hell out of me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

This is underrating his actual on the field play (outside of Hill). The difference between he and Brown / DK / Terry is that he basically missed his second season. 

In year 1 they were all basically the same production wise outside of AJ  (and Deebo started the season as mostly wr 3  and didn't move into a full time role until about week 7) and in year 3 he was vastly better than all three of them (if you include Terry). 

He's played 5 fewer games than Brown and has more total yards and 4 fewer touchdowns. He's played 11 fewer games than DK and has basically the same yardage total and 8 fewer tds (DK is a redzone machine, I'll give hiim that) and 9 fewer games than Mclaurin while having the same yardage total and more touchdowns. 

There would be no question of his on field talent had he not been hurt for basically the entirety of 2020. 

I think you guys are crazy to offer 2 second round picks for Deebo. That is what Hill was worth. I think a 3rd and 5th or just a second is plenty. Not many teams show as much interest in him. There are only 4 teams and now just the Jets and GB. KC jumped ship. I don't think Deebo is that good.. He is the product of the system. The WR screen and bubble passes ballooned his numbers. I'm not sure but it makes me wonder why the 49ers did these plays so much with him. Is it he struggled to get open? Was it poor QB play? I also would like to add there is a reason the 49ers are not giving him 20-25 mill a year that he wants. If I was JD I would offer a 3rd and 5th round pick. If they pass go a second round pick. Then see if Deebo would take like 12-15 mill for 3-4 years. 

39 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think you guys are crazy to offer 2 second round picks for Deebo. That is what Hill was worth. I think a 3rd and 5th or just a second is plenty. Not many teams show as much interest in him. There are only 4 teams and now just the Jets and GB. KC jumped ship. I don't think Deebo is that good.. He is the product of the system. The WR screen and bubble passes ballooned his numbers. I'm not sure but it makes me wonder why the 49ers did these plays so much with him. Is it he struggled to get open? Was it poor QB play? I also would like to add there is a reason the 49ers are not giving him 20-25 mill a year that he wants. If I was JD I would offer a 3rd and 5th round pick. If they pass go a second round pick. Then see if Deebo would take like 12-15 mill for 3-4 years. 

We have a GM that won’t overpay… so we don’t have to worry about that. But he HAS to bring in a legit WR talent in some way.

Imagine us going from the likes of almost getting Ridley, almost getting Tyreke, maybe in on Deebo, then skipping WR in Round 1 and ending up with an average Day 2 guy. It’d be awful.

I can totally get him not wanting to give up a ton of draft assets if he has 2 WRs he really likes that he pretty much knows we’re guaranteed one at 10. But IMO he can’t not trade for a WR and also not draft one at 4 or 10.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’m good on Deebo, if we do it fine if not it’s fine too. What I’m not good on is Drake London constantly being mocked to us. It’s up there with Sauce Gardner levels of annoyance. 

I feel the same as you on Gardner. And I would much rather Williams or Wilson than London. But I’d still be happy with London. 

7 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’m good on Deebo, if we do it fine if not it’s fine too. What I’m not good on is Drake London constantly being mocked to us. It’s up there with Sauce Gardner levels of annoyance. 

If we go Sauce at #4 and London at #10 I propose the following punishment; 

Fly to London, listen to Drake (not a bad thing) do some gardening at my house and finally down some hot sauce?!?!?!?