2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

45 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We have a GM that won’t overpay… so we don’t have to worry about that. But he HAS to bring in a legit WR talent in some way.

Imagine us going from the likes of almost getting Ridley, almost getting Tyreke, maybe in on Deebo, then skipping WR in Round 1 and ending up with an average Day 2 guy. It’d be awful.

I can totally get him not wanting to give up a ton of draft assets if he has 2 WRs he really likes that he pretty much knows we’re guaranteed one at 10. But IMO he can’t not trade for a WR and also not draft one at 4 or 10.

That’s why I feel comfortable when I see these stupid trades etc. JD is not going to overpay for anyone. So if we do pull off a trade for a Deebo it will be on our terms. 

If GB want to offer their first round pick then fine. But are they going to pay him $25m a year when they’ve just traded away one of the best in the league because they wouldn’t pay him?!? Just don’t see it myself.

I think we will be front runners and if the deals right JD will do it and if not then we go get Williams or Wilson #10.

Edited by KimuraGod

3 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

That’s why I feel comfortable when I see these stupid trades etc. JD is not going to overpay for anyone. So if we do pull off a trade for a Deebo it will be on our terms. 

If GB want to offer their first round pick then fine. But are they going to pay him $25m a year when they’ve just traded away one of the best in the league because they wouldn’t pay him?!? Just don’t see it myself.

I think we will be front runners and if the deals right JD will do it and if not then we go get Williams or Wilson #10.

They traded away Adams because Adams wanted to be traded. They would have paid him.

I wouldn't mind trading down from 10 and grabbing Burks in the teens, especially if the Falcons take Wilson. The strength of this WR class seems to be in the quantity of first round caliber guys, rather than any particular high end Chase caliber prospects. The difference in the caliber of WR you can draft at 10 or 18 (or like 25) is probably less than it normally would be. 

Edited by NewAge

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

London is how far down your board which I’m assuming has Williams, Wilson and Burks as 1-2-3

I actually probably have him ahead of Burks. There was a time I really really wanted Burks (and still would love to have him). But I don’t think his ceiling is an elite WR. I actually see the odds of London being a star WR higher than that of even Wilson. I just think Wilson is the “safer” pick. His floor his higher. But London’s ceiling for me is higher.

3 hours ago, NewAge said:

I wouldn't mind trading down from 10 and grabbing Burks in the teens, especially if the Falcons take Wilson. The strength of this WR class seems to be in the quantity of first round caliber guys, rather than any particular high end Chase caliber prospects. The difference in the caliber of WR you can draft at 10 or 18 (or like 25) is probably less than it normally would be. 

WR isn’t a strength in this class after the top names. It’s fake news. There’s no one game changing after the 1st 7 guys or so. Which in todays game. 6-7 WRs go Round 1 bc it’s a premium position now. We wait until Round 2 or later for a WR… it’s a HUGE drop off from a pick in the top 25.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

WR isn’t a strength in this class after the top names. It’s fake news. There’s no one game changing after the 1st 7 guys or so. Which in todays game. 6-7 WRs go Round 1 bc it’s a premium position now. We wait until Round 2 or later for a WR… it’s a HUGE drop off from a pick in the top 25.

Williams, Wilson, London, Burks, Olave, Pickens and Watson and then it’s a drop off for me. I have Williams and Wilson a level above the other 5.