2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

7 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Williams, Wilson, London, Burks, Olave, Pickens and Watson and then it’s a drop off for me. I have Williams and Wilson a level above the other 5. 

Guys like Skyy Moore and Dotson are average guys in the nfl. We don’t need average. We have average in Berrios. We need someone teams have to account for. 

8 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Feel like Metchie is the forgotten man in this WR class. Where do you guys have him ranked?  Could he be a consideration in Rd 3?

I’d rather him than a guys like Moore and Dotson. But also we’re in no man’s land with our picks for Metchie IMO. Our early 2nds are probably too early for him and I doubt he’s there by our 3rd. 

38 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Feel like Metchie is the forgotten man in this WR class. Where do you guys have him ranked?  Could he be a consideration in Rd 3?

I wouldn't have a problem with this. I really like him in David Bell. I honestly forget to mention him. If he was able to finish the season,  he would be in the first round discussion.  

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

WR isn’t a strength in this class after the top names. It’s fake news. There’s no one game changing after the 1st 7 guys or so. Which in todays game. 6-7 WRs go Round 1 bc it’s a premium position now. We wait until Round 2 or later for a WR… it’s a HUGE drop off from a pick in the top 25.

I'm not talking about like third or fourth round picks though. I'm talking about the strength being the quality of guys available later in the first round. 

You're talking about 6-7 WRs going in the first round. The last time 7 WRs went in the first round was 2004. 6 WRs in the first round has only happened twice in the past dozen years. The fact that there very well may be 6-7 legitimate first round WRs speaks to the quantity of high end (meaning first round quality) receivers in this draft. However, I'm just not sure there's as much separation between the first or second best WR in this draft and like the fifth best WR as there normally would be. Of course, I very well could be wrong there and there could be a huge drop off after, say, Wilson or Williams. If Douglas thinks that's the case then he should probably pull the trigger at 10. But if he thinks the margin between them and like Burks or Olave is pretty slim, then it could be worth considering moving back if it means being able to add someone like Linderbaum as well. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NewAge said:

I'm not talking about like third or fourth round picks though. I'm talking about the strength being the quality of guys available later in the first round. 

You're talking about 6-7 WRs going in the first round. The last time 7 WRs went in the first round was 2004. 6 WRs in the first round has only happened twice in the past dozen years. The fact that there very well may be 6-7 legitimate first round WRs speaks to the quantity of high end (meaning first round quality) receivers in this draft. However, I'm just not sure there's as much separation between the first or second best WR in this draft and like the fifth best WR as there normally would be. Of course, I very well could be wrong there and there could be a huge drop off after, say, Wilson or Williams. If Douglas thinks that's the case then he should probably pull the trigger at 10. But if he thinks the margin between them and like Burks or Olave is pretty slim, then it could be worth considering moving back if it means being able to add someone like Linderbaum as well. 

From Me…. the drop off from guys like Williams and Wilson to London, Olave, Burks isn’t big. But there’s only 2 for me in that next tier. Watson and Pickens. Both with risks. Then yes I see a HUGE drop off after those 7 names

21 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

From Me…. the drop off from guys like Williams and Wilson to London, Olave, Burks isn’t big. But there’s only 2 for me in that next tier. Watson and Pickens. Both with risks. Then yes I see a HUGE drop off after those 7 names

It’s rare Bobby and I see eye to eye and this draft we’ve been in lock step. That says a lot. You want a receiver it’s gotta be one of those 7 preferably one of the first 2. Anything else is making a huge risk of an investment especially if you want a starter for our long term future.

24 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

It’s rare Bobby and I see eye to eye and this draft we’ve been in lock step. That says a lot. You want a receiver it’s gotta be one of those 7 preferably one of the first 2. Anything else is making a huge risk of an investment especially if you want a starter for our long term future.

Yeah that’s fair. I think WR should be addressed in the first round, barring a trade for a vet.