2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

My thoughts are this going into the draft.

At 4 draft one of Hutchinson or Kayvon if there. We know Hutchinson stands next to no chance of being there. So it’s a matter of if Kayvon will be there. If there you run up to the board and draft him and get our DEot a decade.

If both are gone. I’m looking to trade out of the pick. As I say every year…. Easier said than done. And once again JD won’t lose trades. So if there’s not a great deal, he won’t just trade the pick to trade it. Now if we can’t trade the pick… who do I want us to draft? Well my next favorite DE is Johnson, but I think 10 is too high for him. Guys who I don’t want are Walker, Sauce or Hamilton there. So where does that leave us for me? I’d be ok with an OLineman there bc that’s rarely a bad investment. But we really don’t need OL unless we plan on trading Fant. But at least OL is a premium position unlike CB and S. So that now leads me to my ideal situation if Kayvon is gone. My ideal scenario is that we just go ahead and draft Jameson Williams there at 4. Best WR in the class and you guarantee yourself him there, rather than hoping he doesn’t go before 10. Now where does that leave us at 10? I’d imagine at least one of Johnson or Karlaftis are still there at 10. Ideally Johnson. You grab them. You still got your WR and DE just in the reverse order if what we all thought.

So ideally Kayvon is there at 4 and Williams there at 10. But if Kayvon isn’t there at 4, still grab a top guy on your board in Williams and then take our BA DE at 10 in Johnson. 

• Like 2

I think this draft is weak all around. So having 2 picks in the top 10 for a crappy draft sucks. I'm with everyone grabbing KT or Hutch at 4. If they are not there you have to go Gardner. I'm sorry but this guy is a stud and I have him as the second best player in the draft. He will make an impact day 1. Like I said before this draft sucks for prospects. Then at 10 you trade down. This is where the action will take place. If you have 1 or none QB taking by ten those teams below will fight for this pick. I think Saints win with the 16 and 19 pick. The 16 pick will be Williams and the 19 pick will be Walker. I see Walker falling big time. I think it is all smoke to get a team to grab him early. Then in the second round I would come out with Muma and Linderbaum. For some reason Linderbaum is not getting the love and falls to us with our first pick in the second round. 

5 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think this draft is weak all around. So having 2 picks in the top 10 for a crappy draft sucks. I'm with everyone grabbing KT or Hutch at 4. If they are not there you have to go Gardner. I'm sorry but this guy is a stud and I have him as the second best player in the draft. He will make an impact day 1. Like I said before this draft sucks for prospects. Then at 10 you trade down. This is where the action will take place. If you have 1 or none QB taking by ten those teams below will fight for this pick. I think Saints win with the 16 and 19 pick. The 16 pick will be Williams and the 19 pick will be Walker. I see Walker falling big time. I think it is all smoke to get a team to grab him early. Then in the second round I would come out with Muma and Linderbaum. For some reason Linderbaum is not getting the love and falls to us with our first pick in the second round. 

It’s not a weak class at all

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s not a weak class at all

It’s the weakest top of the draft in like years by a mile. Incredibly deep but there’s less than a handful of true Blue Chip players. Hutch, Sauce, Hamilton, Jameson, and MAYBE KT are the only real blue chips. KT really doesn’t have the production if we are being honest but there’s a ton of potential. Still he’s really nowhere near as good as the Bosa brothers, Chase Young or Myles Garrett coming out. Hutch really isn’t either.  The tackles might be close. After that though…JJ is not a blue chip player…Walker  athletically might be a freak but he’s not a great football player. Linderbaum probably is but he’s a center he’s going late first round. This draft is littered with very good but not great players. I love the idea of trading back and just filling out this roster with better athletes all over. There is very little drop from the “top” in this draft. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

It’s the weakest top of the draft in like years by a mile. Incredibly deep but there’s less than a handful of true Blue Chip players. Hutch, Sauce, Hamilton, Jameson, and MAYBE KT are the only real blue chips. KT really doesn’t have the production if we are being honest but there’s a ton of potential. Still he’s really nowhere near as good as the Bosa brothers, Chase Young or Myles Garrett coming out. Hutch really isn’t either.  The tackles might be close. After that though…JJ is not a blue chip player…Walker  athletically might be a freak but he’s not a great football player. Linderbaum probably is but he’s a center he’s going late first round. This draft is littered with very good but not great players. I love the idea of trading back and just filling out this roster with better athletes all over. There is very little drop from the “top” in this draft. 

I think the draft class isn’t weak at all. I think it’s just an odd year bc there’s no great QBs. So how the draft falls is one of the more unknowns in forever. But when I go position to position, I think the top guys rank close to top guys in most years.

8 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Pauline is kind of a dope, but maybe

Yeah, Pauline... Grain of salt. Cimini mentioned earlier that 35/38/69 is basically the same on the point value system, so I suppose there's a shot that it could happen because I could see the Hill deal for Deebo, but even in a weak top of the draft, #10 feels hefty. 

It really depends on how you look at it. I understand the idea of trading #10 for a probowl level WR. If we're drafting a WR there anyway, you're hoping he becomes at least as good as well as Brown, Metcalf, or Deebo. Also, 35,38, and 69 are potential starter picks. We could be trading 3 starters for one. So giving up the #10 pick isn't as bad to me. 

I do like trading the 2nd's the most because we can trade back and gain a 2nd round pick back. That's my favorite route to go. 

I'm just stuck because I'm comparing Jameson Williams to Deebo.

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I think it’s probably a great year to have picks 35 and 38. Maybe not the best year to have picks 4 and 10, relatively speaking.

It’s also a weak QB draft which has downstream effects. 

Edited by NewAge
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Yeah, Pauline... Grain of salt. Cimini mentioned earlier that 35/38/69 is basically the same on the point value system, so I suppose there's a shot that it could happen because I could see the Hill deal for Deebo, but even in a weak top of the draft, #10 feels hefty. 

If we plan on drafting a WR at 10 anyway. Then I’d rather see us give up just 10 than the package of our 2nds. The Jets need quantity as much as we need quality. So I’m not a huge fan of trading away 3 picks. 

• Like 1

The thing regarding the 10th pick is that we can’t say we don’t want to trade it for Deebo bc we like Jameson more. Because there’s no sure thing that that’s who we’d draft at 10. Maybe we don’t plan on drafting a WR at all at 10. Maybe we like Wilson or London more. Maybe Williams is gone by 10. A lot of unknowns.

So I don’t think we should be looking at it as Jameson and his potential and rookie contract >>>> Deebo trade and paying him.

On 4/22/2022 at 9:59 PM, Bobby816 said:

You’re mind blowing stat of the day……

Deebo rushed for 9 TDs last season

Zach Wilson threw for 9 TDs last season. 

Ya because Zach was horrible last year. He pulls this crap again he is out of the Jets and maybe out the league in a few years, 

Oh man if the Jets trade for Deebo for pick 10 this makes zero sense. You offered 2 second round picks for for Hill who is a lot better than Deebo and now you want to give up more capital for for a lesser guy. No way JD does this. I think we trade like a second round pick or a 3, 5 combo. 

Just a few other things I like to add. The Giants don't like KT because of his personality/ chemistry and work ethic. I'm starting to think he will be there at 4 and the Jets pass on him. This guy has really turned a lot of teams off. Heck he might be there at 10 now. I think KT has the biggest drop of all the players. This is starting to turn into the Warren Sapp drop. Rumors before the draft was Sapp was caught smoking weed and his stock dropped. KT is getting a lot of negative vibes so his stock will drop too.