2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

The more I think about it, the more I hope we don't trade for deebo. The stories coming out that he doesn't want to be used the same way make sense from a player prospective but not for a team paying a premium to trade for him and the aav he will also command.

Commiting that many resources to a guy that won't play at his best because he doesn't want to really just does not make sense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drew39k said:

The more I think about it, the more I hope we don't trade for deebo. The stories coming out that he doesn't want to be used the same way make sense from a player prospective but not for a team paying a premium to trade for him and the aav he will also command.

Commiting that many resources to a guy that won't play at his best because he doesn't want to really just does not make sense.

For a second I'm cool with it. For 10, absolutely not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drew39k said:

JD and company are looking for a receiving level upgrade so we should not worry about him not wanting to play as RB for Jets.

Too me Walker is like Q. Williams. We already have this. 

Right now this is what I have

1. Jags - Icky ( I think the Jags want a solid line for T Law. I think they want to trade but no one wants pick 1)

2. Lions - Hutch ( I think this one is a no brainer here. Local boy stays home.)

3. Texans - Gardner ( Rumors are they like the DB and they take the best one.)

4. Jets - KT ( I know he will be here but do they take him is the question. I hope so but a trade could happen too)

5. Giants - Neal ( They continue to build the OL)

6. Panthers - Hamilton ( They want a QB but none are as good as Sam which is sad, They take the next best player)

7. Giants - Stingley ( Giants get lucky and Stingley is there for them. They move Bradberry and Toney during draft)

8. Falcons - Willis ( This is about where he will go. He can sit a year. I like him better than Lance last year. )

9. Seattle - JJ ( They take the next best Edge)

10. Jets trade with Saints for pick 16 and 19. ( I just got the feeling this is happening. Saints want a QB)

10. Saints - Pickett ( They want a QB bad a pay for one. They need to jump Wash. I think he is the best QB in the draft by far. I know the small hands thing but he can come in mid season and take over. )

11. Wash - Cross ( They loss and OL guy and replace one. Best pass blocker in the draft.)

12. Vikings - McDuffie ( Vikings go for more D. They take the next best DB)

13. Texans - G. Wilson ( Probably the safer bet of the WR.)

14. Ravens - Lloyd ( They love the LB and they get the best one in the draft. I was thinking WR but they have so many young ones as is)

15. Eagles - Davis ( He is huge and will replace Cox. I was thinking WR here but I think they like the D line more)

16 Jets - J. Williams ( Jets get lucky here. He falls to them. I do see him falling out of the top 10 but not 20. The knee is still a question and if he lost a step after the ACL which does happen sometimes he will be average at best.)

17. Chargers - Penning (. The Charges get the best long term T in the draft I think. Once he gets it he is nasty.)

18. Eagles - Chris Olave ( The Eagles are smart wait and get the WR they had above Williams.)

19. Jets - Linderbaum ( This is just BPA and he will be the C for a decade and be in several Pro Bowls welcome Nick Mangold JR.)

This is what I have so far. I think London falls to KC. Jets with there two second round picks end up with Dean who will be a S/LB/EDGE and Ojabo. Ojabo falls because of injuries and we can wait on him to get healthy before he hits the field.

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

JD and company are looking for a receiving level upgrade so we should not worry about him not wanting to play as RB for Jets.

Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like his versatility in switching into the rb position is part of what makes him effective at wr. Teams have to commit extra resources to prepare for those schemes which can then leave him mismatched on wr routes. 

If you take away the rb stuff it because much easier to gameplan and scheme him out. I don't think, as a wr alone he justifies 10 overall and 30mil per year. He just doesn't have the track record or injury history 

Even though I and most think Hutchinson is the best prospect, he doesnt fit what Baalke likes as much as Walker does.  Hutchinson measured at 32 inch arms, very short for a guy thats 6’7.  Walker measured almost 36 inch arms, which is elite and this is how Baalke feels about that

e88751c7-e08a-43ca-9a97-2a2442a2b31a.jpe