2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Still not buying into Lindy and Dean lasting that long.

Yeah me either but strange things happen EVERY year. 

I still want to trade down from 10. So much value in the second half of the first round and second round. If a team wants to come up bad enough I honestly think Joe Douglas makes this move and gets a pick for next year as well. 

19 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

It feels like another life time ago but in the same time I can remember everything about that night….Rich Eisen with his “There’s been a trade!” And Jet fans going nuts and hating the trade up lol 

That was the one year I missed the draft.  Don't remember why, maybe my friends were visiting my college and we were out all weekend?

Just now, KimuraGod said:

Wayyyy to rich for me. Will we be a playoff team with Deebo next year? Probably not.

Will we be in a better position to be in playoff contention 12-24 months from now with 3 impactful players in this draft plus the extra it would take to get Deebo.  Hopefully so. 

I wouldn’t be overly happy giving up 35,38,69 plus $25m a year. So never mind the additional picks it would take. 

My thoughts exactly. The people screaming for deebo and willing to give up everything we have will also be the ones screaming the loudest when we are losing games 45-28 and our defense is historically bad. I will say though...Carl Lawson would have made a difference last year...we really needed him. If he can come back and be a force, my god is that huge for that unit. 

15 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

4- Thibs

10- Williams/Wilson

35- Linderbaum

38- Dean

69- McBride

This is looking like a possible haul after the first 2 days. 

And Safety happens to be deep, can probably find at minimum a role player in the 4th.  Would rather grab one at 69, but McBride is great value.

Just now, .Buzz said:

I hated this idea at first but I have warmed up to it a lot. The age is what bothers me the most. I don't like taking a super senior that high with his last year being his only one with production. Great athlete and he may end up being tremendous but being able to draft a higher ceiling prospect who will be 2 years younger is hard to pass up on. Hopefully if JJ is the pick he ends up being the sack machine we haven't had in almost 20 years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I hated this idea at first but I have warmed up to it a lot. The age is what bothers me the most. I don't like taking a super senior that high with his last year being his only one with production. Great athlete and he may end up being tremendous but being able to draft a higher ceiling prospect who will be 2 years younger is hard to pass up on. Hopefully if JJ is the pick he ends up being the sack machine we haven't had in almost 20 years.

Same exacts thoughts, actually love the player and how he would look across from Lawson.  I think he can easily have a career stat line on par with Shaun Ellis.

But I would much rather have the explosive, younger, #1 overall pick since he committed to Oregon, player.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

The absolute worst scenario for me is Jermaine Johnson at 4 and Drake London at 10. 

Which is looking extremely likely. I am personally not a London guy. People say he separates some say he doesn't. I guess it really comes down to what you consider separating. I personally dont think a step or 2 is separation especially when the athletes in the NFL are the elite from the college game. I just dont see the need here. I would still rather have Williams, Olave or Williams here. I really grew on Olave. He is has actually been severely underrated in this draft. That boy can move and his routes are terrific.