2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

I’d be less upset with Gardner and Hamilton for sure because while they aren’t needs they’re both elite prospects so I’d get over it quickly. But a 23 year old EDGE and a Receiver I just don’t think does much for us due to others having better skill sets and more explosiveness. Eww. I might break my TV.

I've warmed up more to Jermaine Johnson as well.  Yeah he's older, which means he'll be almost 30 by the time his second contract comes up, but if he gives us 5 years of elite production and ends up being the best pass rusher from this class, would we really care about the age?  I mean how many draft picks in the last 10+ years have even gotten a second contract with this team?  Plus you see plenty of pass rushers still producing into their 30's.  So if JJ gives us top tier play for 7-8 years, is that really that bad of a pick?  Everyone worried about his age at his second contract, we got to get there first.  

I'll also add that I am 100% in the camp KT should be the pick at 4 if he's there.  If he's available and we pass on KT for anyone, I'll be highly upset.  But if Hutchinson and KT are off the board before us, I wouldn't be upset with JJ as the pick.  

Edited by Fort4242
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Karlaftis is also being severely underrated. Someone is going to get a steal in the teens or 20s. He is getting misjudged by his sack numbers but that boy can play. 

Reminds me a lot of Brandon Graham

7 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Karlaftis is also being severely underrated. Someone is going to get a steal in the teens or 20s. He is getting misjudged by his sack numbers but that boy can play. 

Saw a tweet this morning about Karlaftis, Dean and Linderbaum most likely sliding to Round 2.  If Karlaftis somehow lasts until 35, I would love double dipping at EDGE, taking Karlaftis and whoever we select at #4.  

47 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

My worse nightmare is going to come true. You reach for a EDGE guy like JJ and leave KT on the board. JJ will struggle in the NFL. Then they grab London who will struggle to get separation. If we get these 2 at 4 and 10 the draft is a bust to me and a F. These guys better come in on fire and light the world up for me to go along for this ride again. 

My dream is this

1. Jags Icky

2. Det Walker

3. Houston - Gardner 

4. Jets - Hutch 

• Like 1