2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

10 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Hughes has also tempered any KT at 4 expectations. Lot of smoke here, maybe he's there at 10.  

Took some catching up to see this was already posted.. hadn't seen the other stuff either, Douglas is big braining everyone or he's not on our board at 4.

4 hours ago, NewAge said:

I wonder if there could be a Becton or Fant trade if Ekwonu is the pick at 4. 

Was thinking a team like Chicago or Indy who needs a LT and doesn't have a 1st rounder to address the position might make sense as trade partners. Honestly Seattle could make sense with one of their two 2nd's as could the Saints. I don't think we'd have a shortage of suitors at all.

9 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

If we traded for Deebo without having to give up the #10. That would give us flexibility to draft 2 high end defensive talents.

Like if we could get Kayvon at #4, then Devin Lloyd at #10.  Our defense suddenly starts looking nasty. And our offense on paper would be set to take off. 

Now we're talking. Love Devin Lloyd in our scheme.

Although, the thought of also adding Winfrey & Brisker to go with a KT sounds just as good.

While Thibodeaux's poor reputation has gotten publicity leading up the 2022 NFL Draft, another edge rusher who is receiving poor marks for character has flown under the radar, Florida State defensive end Jermaine Johnson. Multiple team sources say Johnson's character issues are significant, with one director of player personnel labelling Johnson as worse than Thibodeaux. Teams received negative feedback from Georgia, and the character issues played a part in Johnson transferring from the Bulldogs for his senior year. Johnson did well in the pre-draft workouts and at the Senior Bowl, so he is probably safe as a top-20 selection. But if he slides, the makeup question will be what is dragging him down.

Smoke screens galore?  The paragraph on Thibs said he's a "big smoker and teammates roll their eyes at him."

Peter King has his mock out. He has the Jets passing on KT at 4 AND at 10. He thinks the jets pass on him twice. I bet that would piss the fans off. You know what this probably will happen and he puts up 10 plus sacks a year too to rub it in. Hutch is getting pushed down. Scouts hate his short arms and think he is at or close to his high point. He could slip to the Jets. If Icky goes 1 Hutch will be a Jet. If Walker goes 1 Hutch will be gone.

1. Jags Ickey

2. Det - Walker

3. Hous Gardner/Neal

1. Jags Walker 

2. Det Hutch

3. Hou Icky

I think one of these two situations happen. I think Jags and Det have Walker 1. The question is do they go Icky to protect T Law. 

Douglas is tight lipped, no way anything is getting out.

2020 it was easy to know we were going OT, he made that clear.

Last year Zach was obvious for any team picking #2 but barely anyone thought we’d go get AVT and Moore right after.

This year you keep seeing Johnson or Gardner or Ickey and that’s because Douglas needs his guy to be there and if we’re too heavily linked to him someone could jump us especially since every team ahead of us seems to be a mystery as well. 

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Last year Zach was obvious for any team picking #2 but barely anyone thought we’d go get AVT and Moore right after.

This year you keep seeing Johnson or Gardner or Ickey and that’s because Douglas needs his guy to be there and if we’re too heavily linked to him someone could jump us especially since every team ahead of us seems to be a mystery as well. 

I agree and all three teams above us would love to trade down. I think all top 5 picks can be had for a reasonable price. This just goes to show you you only have a VERY few blue chip guys. This class is probably the weakest since 2016 when Goff went 1. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

This makes me think that a player we are not hearing much about could be JD's choice.  Who's on board the Hamilton train.  Anyone?  Hello?  This thing on?